Author Topic: What will it take? (for HT)  (Read 19103 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: What will it take? (for HT)
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 06:44:53 PM »
I did not mean to offend. I hate A&E and History Channel, so I wanted to make sure they were not getting credit for AHC, lol.  :cheers:

No worries brother, it's all good

Looking at my DVR right now I have for the following channels:

History's Military Channel - 10 episodes of "Dogfights" and 2 episodes of "Dogfights of the Future" (DF's shows of the P-47 Thunderbolt, Taffy 3 fights the Japanese fleet, Tuskegee Airmen, etc... / DF of the F shows are new jet age Fighters stuff like F22, F-35 etc..)

Smithsonian Channel - 4 episodes of "Air Warriors" (shows of F16 falcon, AC-130 close air support, F4 phantom, etc )

AHC - WWII in color, WWII war in the pacific, different WWII battle engagements like the Bulge, etc....

Just a little sampling of what I've been seeing/recording on the different channels

Not sure if this is helpful or not, just putting it in my post to show what I'm getting/recording

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 06:54:00 PM »
Hopefully I will be back on this weekend. I have no friends so I will draw my enemies.  :D
shuffy is my friend!  :aok
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 07:43:31 PM »
About all players can do is try attract friends and people from other internet sights.

In the next few weeks I'll be running a test week of adds on the Hero Channel. If that shows a positive ROI things will start coming back.

Also I think a populated match play arena would help.

HiTech

I can't tell you how many times people have said they found the game from the military commercials. I think TV marketing is the best option. Especially if you could get on a mainstream channel like fox or FX.

I also agree with the match play arena.

A bigger dev or marketing team for videos wouldn't hurt.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 07:50:40 PM »
You're pretty good at spending other people's money.   :salute
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 08:14:48 PM »
1) Money
2) Volunteers
3) Selection of a Marketing Plan(s)
4) Approval of HiTech

I have ideas.  Just no money.  I know there would be plenty of volunteers.  Whether HiTech approved of them, only when actual concrete action would be possible.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2018, 09:02:02 PM »
I can't tell you how many times people have said they found the game from the military commercials. I think TV marketing is the best option. Especially if you could get on a mainstream channel like fox or FX.

I also agree with the match play arena.

A bigger dev or marketing team for videos wouldn't hurt.

Sooner than later.. your typical cable and satellite TV will be extinct

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 10:08:08 PM »
Heya Shuf, did you get your CH products hotas setup remapped/running yet?

If not would you like for me to send you my AH .jsm files?

I use a CH fighterstick, Pro throttle and a set of the first original CH rudder pedals (not the Pro rudder pedals)....i got these pedals in 1993 and have never had to do anything to them except buy a gameport-to-usb adapter

I never could get used to using my Pro rudder pedals or my thrustmaster rudder pedals or Satiek rudder pedals....

Let me know if I can help.... I can send them from my Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 8.1 Pro.... I might possibly have a backup copy from where I had AH installed on my Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB version, but am not sure if I saved those files to my home server or not......  But I've been using the same mappings since win98se....

TC

I would not turn down a setup as it will be hard to adjust to different buttons. One may suit my ugly flying better than another. Thanks!!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2018, 01:24:28 PM »
Sooner than later.. your typical cable and satellite TV will be extinct

Maybe. I'd still give it a few years.

But it's really the best place to put the product right in people's faces with an audio and visual perception. Many might go on their phones and look up the website right there.

Marketing updates on the steam website would also go a long way.
I just find online marketing for games like this is very hard to attract a wide range of people. 
Especially when the front website doesn't get updated with cool pics or videos from in game players on a regular basis.

Radio might work alright.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2018, 02:41:27 PM »
Maybe. I'd still give it a few years.

But it's really the best place to put the product right in people's faces with an audio and visual perception. Many might go on their phones and look up the website right there.

Marketing updates on the steam website would also go a long way.
I just find online marketing for games like this is very hard to attract a wide range of people. 
Especially when the front website doesn't get updated with cool pics or videos from in game players on a regular basis.

Radio might work alright.

Actually I would get the Kardashians to post it on snapchat,instagram,twitter and FB......they have about a BILLION followers.....TV is so 1990's..... :old:

Say what you will but they know how to market stuff, not my cup of tea but it's a fact.

:salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2018, 04:31:56 PM »

Actually I would get the Kardashians to post it on snapchat,instagram,twitter and FB......they have about a BILLION followers.....TV is so 1990's..... :old:

Say what you will but they know how to market stuff, not my cup of tea but it's a fact.

:salute

Old lady kardashian just sold her daughters and when old enough they sell themselves. Bad to associate with such cheap trash.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 04:47:59 PM »
Better to be more concerned with the buying than the selling.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2018, 09:26:16 PM »
I would not turn down a setup as it will be hard to adjust to different buttons. One may suit my ugly flying better than another. Thanks!!

check your email and also check your PM's here on the boards

come fly FSO with us if you get it set up in time ( before 11 PM EDT )

hope it works for ya, brother!

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2018, 10:32:40 AM »
HT, what will it take for you to catch up with the competition, get your game advertised and known around the net and fill the arenas again?

Do you need a collective money injection from the community? Do you need a successful kickstarter/indigogo?

There has to be something we (the community) can do other then go around in circles and circles coming up with no real ideas.

ATM I cant honestly recommend this game to anyone because the action is just soo scarce when last I played.

You know your situation best! Tell us how we can really help! There has to be something...

YOU can't recommend this game to anyone because YOU can't find a fight.
well let me ask you this.
what time do you play?
when do you play/how often do you play?
do you just hang at a base and wait for them to come to you?
or do you fly to a base and attack?
do HiTeck a favor and recommend this came to your friends and others, let them decide if they want to play or not.
this game is like a woman when its her time of the month-it will have a light count and then it will have a heavy count.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2018, 10:40:05 AM »
sweetheartbags is what have killed this game. And if you take offense to the term.......then you are what's killed it.
^^^<<<----just added this to my list of what people are saying what is killing this game.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2018, 03:20:30 AM »
I went to the local shops and told everyone I met :old:

The police were very understanding but I was fined £4.52 for disturbing the peace
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario