Author Topic: ENY (one more time)  (Read 9913 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: ENY (one more time)
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 01:44:36 PM »
ENY would work much better in a two country war. 

With three countries, you can be ENY restricted but outnumbered in battle if the two low number countries are only attacking yours.

With two countries, you may be either outnumbered OR you have ENY restrictions.  Never both at the same time.

ENY does need to go. I agree with 3 countries it not working. I would like to go to 2 countries because it would mean they are fighting us and we are fighting them and not they are fighting each other now what do we do. Its a great game and I really enjoy playing it.

Bingo. 

At a minimum it needs a tweak.  Zone-based ENY perhaps?
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »

Okay.   You’ve convinced me.
I know you for being a quite capable flyer. I don't understand why you go for the easiest types of kills with an "uber" plane.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2018, 02:00:18 PM »
109G14s and G2s are great for this if it happens.

I learned that ENY capping really hurts the Jabo pilots. If you are trying to take a base from a CV, with a high ENY, and they so much as put up a little resistance. It's extremely hard to take down the base with 1 500 pound bomb from a 30 eny plane.

IMO, I think it should just cost you perk points to fly higher eny planes if the #s are skewed. We need more reasons to use perks and this would allow the "I only want to fly one plane" crowd to fly what they wish, as long as they have earned the perks!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2018, 02:20:20 PM »
So next we'll hear "I WANNA BUY PERKS!!" and we have pay to win. ENY has a purpose, if people don't want to switch sides they must pay the price. You can't have the most people AND get to fly to top planes, too. The game is already way too lopsided towards one specific, unnamed, country that very frequently has more people than the other two sides combined.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2018, 02:26:29 PM »
I know you for being a quite capable flyer. I don't understand why you go for the easiest types of kills with an "uber" plane.

Well, all I can say is thank you for the compliment, sir.   :salute
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2018, 02:52:18 PM »
ENY would work much better in a two country war. 

With three countries, you can be ENY restricted but outnumbered in battle if the two low number countries are only attacking yours.

With two countries, you may be either outnumbered OR you have ENY restrictions.  Never both at the same time.
THIS  :salute It IS EXACTLY the condition that was experienced when OP had issue with. I was there at same TIME and Place. 32.5 eny defending against Tempests 2, 262,1 3 P47-m and La-7 2 and assorted other Mid range ENY(but still BOSS) rides and Tanks. The ENY for the vehicles was a BIG PART of the complaint. Vehicles were SEVERELY hampered against Tiger 1 and Panther that was camping field at this time. In totality...just too much of a hurdle :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2018, 03:58:34 PM »
1stPar, if your side had that big a numbers advantage that you had that ENY, AND you wanted perk rides, that's not a very good way to say ENY doesn't work. Your point proves that it does work, EXACTLY how it's supposed. That you don't like it is no reason to change it.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 04:25:14 PM »
1stPar, if your side had that big a numbers advantage that you had that ENY, AND you wanted perk rides, that's not a very good way to say ENY doesn't work. Your point proves that it does work, EXACTLY how it's supposed. That you don't like it is no reason to change it.
Never said I WANTED or OP wanted PERK RIDES. It was more a WANT TO "BE at LEAST competitive". I had ZERO problem at SAME BASE and TIME. I was able to get an WIRB just at right time. I dont use PERK rides GV or otherwise. M16 vs Wirb...Sure I prefer Wirb...but M16 is fine. That being said I fully understand when A Panther or TigerII is camping a field and you cant even get a Panzer H...its not much fun....FOR OTHERS. I am NOT a ME ME ME player...but I try to understand others views...that was what I was doing. :uhoh On both FRONTS this was same issue. I am sure it worked AS PRESCRIBED, it was just the DOUBLE WHAMMY of 2 front and 32.5 ENY that made the issue stand out STARKLY. It only lasted for an hour or so...I kept playing my "GAME" just fine...BUT I CAN NOT discount the feelings of countrymen who this hampered THEIR GAME PLAY :uhoh It was also in usual PEAK time EST....7:30PM, maybe it was just a shock at this time? Not many players would expect to see this, when first logging into the MA. On this note...I feel that ENY as is DOES EFFECT the Gv game way more than the AIR game. I am just fine with a 30 ENY plane in THIS SITUATION....but the disadvantage the AVAILABLE HIGH ENY gvs are MUCH MORE at a disadvantage. It seems the disadvantages for GVs is more adverse..its Armament, Armour and other short comings CAN NOT be countered by PLAYER SKILL like in Aircraft?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 04:39:53 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2018, 11:17:39 AM »
the eny thing is crap.  espically in case where like this am it was 18 to 12, both nit and rook attacking bish and we had 12 eny.  and like what was said all you have are las spit 16s and 190ds flying over head.  you up from a back field and have to chase three back to the ack.  there are multiple ways of correcting eny but the creators are stuck in a tunnel on how things will not work. 
first three countries at this point is DUMB.  when numbers are not here to barely support two teams 70% of the day then we are gonna spread them out even worse over three countries.
side switch at 6 hrs is DUMB. there are many times I would switch for eny purposes (more because I like to fight) but you switch and 20 mins later you are either twiddling your thumbs as there is no one to fight or an hour later your saddled with eny again.
also what is the formula for eny? I watch it and at times in the am the bish will have 3 players more than other side and we have lets say 12 eny and they have 3 eny?  I am no mathematician but this certainly doesn't seem to add up to me at all.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2018, 11:43:55 AM »
the eny thing is crap.  espically in case where like this am it was 18 to 12, both nit and rook attacking bish and we had 12 eny.  and like what was said all you have are las spit 16s and 190ds flying over head.  you up from a back field and have to chase three back to the ack.  there are multiple ways of correcting eny but the creators are stuck in a tunnel on how things will not work. 
first three countries at this point is DUMB.  when numbers are not here to barely support two teams 70% of the day then we are gonna spread them out even worse over three countries.
side switch at 6 hrs is DUMB. there are many times I would switch for eny purposes (more because I like to fight) but you switch and 20 mins later you are either twiddling your thumbs as there is no one to fight or an hour later your saddled with eny again.

also what is the formula for eny? I watch it and at times in the am the bish will have 3 players more than other side and we have lets say 12 eny and they have 3 eny?  I am no mathematician but this certainly doesn't seem to add up to me at all.

This explains my experience with it as well.    You lay out the case perfectly.   
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2018, 01:04:29 PM »
When it comes to lower #s. The map is the most important thing. Smaller maps thats allow for all 3 teams to meet around the middle make for better fights for all teams. this doesn't have to be just a FT either. If one team has to fly a couple of sectors to the fight. That's not Soo bad, and still better than flying 8 sectors to a fight.

Side switch time with lower #s should also be reduced. lower #s means more need to switch to balance the fights.

A 3 hour time switch rule makes a lot more sense these days in AH. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2018, 12:24:34 AM »
   Like Yipi stated,  2 teams with 20 players each  and the third  with 35.   The team with 35 could be engaged by all 40 player from both the other teams.  also  I thought the reason for ENY was to level the playing field and encourage players to switch to the weaker side.  For the most part, It doesn't seem to make players do anything, but log off. It doesn't really matter to Me except for the Wirb. Increasing the ENY value on that would be nicer.  I use early and midwar planes and gvs.  It seems that no matter the ENY, the T34/76 is still the most popular tank.  to Me It is a taste of what many forces in WW2 had to deal with.  That is the shortage of good equipment.   Which makes teamwork all the more important "like having a wingman and using formation tactics for tanks".  Anyway  maybe an adjustment of ENY and put a perk value on some planes and GVs so players could have access to more of Them when ENY gets lopsided.  Have a blast.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2018, 01:03:49 AM »
   Like Yipi stated,  2 teams with 20 players each  and the third  with 35.   The team with 35 could be engaged by all 40 player from both the other teams.  also  I thought the reason for ENY was to level the playing field and encourage players to switch to the weaker side.  For the most part, It doesn't seem to make players do anything, but log off. It doesn't really matter to Me except for the Wirb. Increasing the ENY value on that would be nicer.  I use early and midwar planes and gvs.  It seems that no matter the ENY, the T34/76 is still the most popular tank.  to Me It is a taste of what many forces in WW2 had to deal with.  That is the shortage of good equipment.   Which makes teamwork all the more important "like having a wingman and using formation tactics for tanks".  Anyway  maybe an adjustment of ENY and put a perk value on some planes and GVs so players could have access to more of Them when ENY gets lopsided.  Have a blast.

And logoffs are the last thing we need right now.  +1
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2018, 08:24:39 AM »
What about one team with 24, one with 40, and the other with 58?

Offline BOBO

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2018, 08:36:31 AM »
I think it would make more sense to have separate ENY values for each front.

I'm starting to wonder if there really is a cult of ENY and if so I would like to join it just so I can understand how ENY is supposed to actually work.