Author Topic: 200 / Cross Country Chat  (Read 17227 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: 200 / Cross Country Chat
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2018, 10:10:02 AM »
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:17:37 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2018, 10:42:37 AM »
ahhh so it wasn't my fault

HiTech could we please have cross country chat back--- I guess a toxic environment is better then none.

the players already miss talking to players in other countries.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:44:14 AM by lunaticfringe »
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2018, 10:51:10 AM »
It sounds like we lost cross country communications because of the personality disorders of a few people, and a review of a soft skinned whiner that must still wear diapers.

Really? Turn it back on, and deal with the problem people appropriately.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2018, 11:34:51 AM »
A review of Aces High:
[...]

I want to point out that new players generally don't know about the (voluntary) CH200 and only learn about it later in the game. If toxic communication is driving away anyone, it's most likely because of country text / local voice channels and possibly PM's.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2018, 11:56:02 AM »
That review was obviously from a  disgruntled neurotic former player. Just like the types who edit the Ah Wikipedia with angry nonsense and post page long psycho negative reviews on steam and reddit. You know, the same dudes you banned for being jerks. The majority of “toxic community” reviews are from emotional players who clearly have an axe to grind. Hitech you’ve played other pvp games so you know how mild this community is compared to other games.  I’ll give playing without a Chan 200 a try but I suspect this latest change may be a deal breaker for me.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2018, 12:07:13 PM »
It is probably a good idea to disable cross country chat in the free arenas because of “riff-raff”. But disabling it in the ma takes away a lot from the game for me at least.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2018, 12:10:38 PM »
It is probably a good idea to disable cross country chat in the free arenas because of “riff-raff”. But disabling it in the ma takes away a lot from the game for me at least.

This
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2018, 12:11:16 PM »
That review was obviously from a  disgruntled neurotic former player. Just like the types who edit the Ah Wikipedia with angry nonsense and post page long psycho negative reviews on steam and reddit. You know, the same dudes you banned for being jerks. The majority of “toxic community” reviews are from emotional players who clearly have an axe to grind. Hitech you’ve played other pvp games so you know how mild this community is compared to other games.  I’ll give playing without a Chan 200 a try but I suspect this latest change may be a deal breaker for me.

I believe you're right.  I was reading some of the reviews on Steam last night.  It was quite obvious that many of the negative reviews were from previous players that were ejected from the game.
I couldn't find anyplace to leave a review.  I think I have to get the game from Steam in order to do that.

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2018, 12:27:18 PM »
I want to point out that new players generally don't know about the (voluntary) CH200 and only learn about it later in the game. If toxic communication is driving away anyone, it's most likely because of country text / local voice channels and possibly PM's.

Exactly.  Ch200 was never a problem for me because I never tuned it.

Local vox is probably what drives new players away.  Somebody whining incessantly about how he was just unfairly ganged.  Or complaining that others aren't following his orders.  Or droning on about some boring BS I don't care about.

One of the last times I was flying in arena, I came to an enemy field were a friendly was de-acking.  I didn't want to give up my alt and I suck at de-acking, so instead I started flying cap over him to protect him from any incoming.  He starts screeching at me on local about what idiot I am just flying in circles over him and I need to get my stupid butt down there and help him.  lol.  I just flew off and left him screeching.

One thing I liked about Battlefield was there system of pre-canned player messages.  A squad leader can mark a base to defend or attack and you get an audible msg.  You can request ammo or a medic, or new orders with a pre-canned audible message like the AH "check six" command. They have voice but most people don't use it and if someone in my unit starts using it I won't hesitate to reach over and mute them in a second if they annoy me in the least.  The pre-canned audible commands are more than sufficient to communicate with other players in controlled and non-annoying way.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2018, 01:04:33 PM »
The .p PMs are still available for cross-country private communications.

"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2018, 01:05:18 PM »
    It is a good simulation but there are a low number of players and many of them have dreadful attitudes towards other players. For example there is a high level of superficial charm but after a while the real personalities start to come through and then you realise there is something very wrong with many of these people and you are probably dealing with an unusually high proportion of psychopaths. There are no new players and when they do get new players, they tend to leave very quickly because of the dreadful social interactions. When these problems are raised in the community they are denied and burried. The community argues that their community is friendly and supportive: let me make this very clear, they are friendly and supportive of each other but not outsiders. Having said all that, there are some decent human beings in the game but they generally let the psychopaths ruin it for the nice people, probably because they do not want to be attacked like the other victims.So if you can handle personality disorders and you like to fly a very well built air combat simulation then go for it.

Give this experiment time, it's been obvious this would happen as Hitech hemorrhaged new first day customers with AH3. Along with constant horrible reviews out in the real world of how toxic we have become in our years of treating outsiders and each other like garbage. This game centered on the MA as the core of the game cannot survive if it continues to be a culture of grown men sharing by communicating with virtual flame throwers for everything and nothing. It's now a reflexive response out of many over almost anything.

In our day yes, roasting people through smack talk on ch1 then ch200 was as much the game as shooting them in a furball. Then adding chest thumping on top of it after cheap shot shooting them from their blind side. Online all of us know many feel no need to limit themselves becasue there is nothing to loose on the anonymous Internet. Today AH3 is at a cross roads and based on responses in this post, many don't care, and are attacking Hitech's action to save his company with the same  rancor as they treat customers new and old in the MA. Hitech has a business to run and needs new customers. At this point AH3 has become like a once popular bar that needs to attract a younger clientele to keep the doors open. While the regulars of many years feel they own the place and drive away anyone checking out their dump.

And yes it's obvious AH has been one of the few places left for some to not feel controlled by this modern PC language and thought policed society. While spending time in the company of the like minded who hate that phenomenon. Aside from the poor conduct issues on 200, it tends to be dominated by exclusivity and outright exclusion while it's supposed to be open to all of Hitech's customers. It's always been dysfunctional in that respect while the common response is always "don't tune to it" by it's favored sons. It is provided to "all" of Hitech's customers while devolving into a clique domain.

Being good customers does not entitle us to destroy Hitech's business becasue we want it to stay a familiar comfortable place for us.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2018, 01:13:29 PM »

Give this experiment time, it's been obvious this would happen as Hitech hemorrhaged new first day customers with AH3. Along with constant horrible reviews out in the real world of how toxic we have become in our years of treating outsiders and each other like garbage. This game centered on the MA as the core of the game cannot survive if it continues to be a culture of grown men sharing by communicating with virtual flame throwers for everything and nothing. It's now a reflexive response out of many over almost anything.

In our day yes, roasting people through smack talk on ch1 then ch200 was as much the game as shooting them in a furball. Then adding chest thumping on top of it after cheap shot shooting them from their blind side. Online all of us know many feel no need to limit themselves becasue there is nothing to loose on the anonymous Internet. Today AH3 is at a cross roads and based on responses in this post, many don't care, and are attacking Hitech's action to save his company with the same  rancor as they treat customers new and old in the MA. Hitech has a business to run and needs new customers. At this point AH3 has become like a once popular bar that needs to attract a younger clientele to keep the doors open. While the regulars of many years feel they own the place and drive away anyone checking out their dump.

And yes it's obvious AH has been one of the few places left for some to not feel controlled by this modern PC language and thought policed society. While spending time in the company of the like minded who hate that phenomenon. Aside from the poor conduct issues on 200, it tends to be dominated by exclusivity and outright exclusion while it's supposed to be open to all of Hitech's customers. It's always been dysfunctional in that respect while the common response is always "don't tune to it" by it's favored sons. It is provided to "all" of Hitech's customers while devolving into a clique domain.

Being good customers does not entitle us to destroy Hitech's business becasue we want it to stay a familiar comfortable place for us.

And how is this different than any other PvP game out there today that is highly successful with thousands of subscribers? If you think the cross country comms is the root of the problem with the game today then respectfully you are sadly mistaken.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2018, 01:19:47 PM »
I like channel 200 overall. There are lots of friendly players to chat with.

On the other hand, there are couple players that routinely call me a cheat.....so I use the squelch text by right clicking on their call-sign on the roster. They cannot pm me or send me nonsense on 200. End of problem. HiTech gave us a solution. Use it.

Some players witness internet lag and other internet related things like a plane or tank warping and immediately think the other player is cheating when they die.  CORD PULLER  is often shouted on range or country channel  :D. There is nothing any of us can do about that. Squelch their text and ignore them.

We have players as far away as New Zealand or Australia and they often take 3 or 4 seconds to blow up, and it seems they were able to get their shot off even though you saw them explode. What they saw on their screen is not what you saw on your screen at the very same instance. Players that use satellite to connect to the game also display lots of latency and loss of packets and they appear to warp allot. Those player often think that you are cheating because of what they saw on their monitor. I connect to the game with a fiber optic connection that has great download and upload speeds but there are allot of hops (internet nodes) between the AH server and my isp so even with a good connect I sometimes experience loss of packets and once in awhile I disco because the internet burped somewhere.

Don't let the rotten apples ruin the game for you. Squelch instead. Have fun.  :aok

My two cents.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2018, 01:28:08 PM »

On the other hand, there are couple players that routinely call me a cheat.....so I use the squelch text by right clicking on their call-sign on the roster. They cannot pm me or send me nonsense on 200. End of problem. HiTech gave us a solution. Use it.

Perhaps a permanent squelch list would be a better solution than removing ch200 entirely.   And in the scores, have a ranking of most squelched players to shame them.   :lol

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:33:40 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »

This.  This right here.

Perhaps a permanent squelch list would be a better solution than removing ch200 entirely.   And is the scores, have a ranking of most squelched players to shame them.   :lol

Agreed.  Seems to me if they're looking at turfing 200, it would be a better move to introduce permasquelch instead, so as to not throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Just my $0.02.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11