Author Topic: 200 / Cross Country Chat  (Read 17352 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: 200 / Cross Country Chat
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2018, 10:38:09 AM »
You know I see some of you be moaning the closing of 200 but no one actually touching on the real problem that caused it's closing (temporary?).  Folks literally being jerks.  Finding cutesy ways of typing F off or suck my male parts, or worse and done in a way that a mod can't really do anything about it. However an intelligent human being can understand what is being said. (Some actual 200 offenders I see in this thread right now) and that type of crap is just not healthy for this game.  The community was not self policing so now Hitech is.  I get it.  It is a step in the right direction and I hope it helps clean up the cess pool.

I self policed ch 200 years ago by detuning it.  Pretty simple.  So much so that offenders have forced HiTech’s hand.

All gave some, Some gave all

Online 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2018, 10:46:43 AM »
I think the penalty for abusing channel 200 should have been much more severe.  A three-strike and out rule for example.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2018, 10:53:14 AM »
Finding cutesy ways of typing F off or suck my male parts, or worse and done in a way that a mod can't really do anything about it. However an intelligent human being can understand what is being said.

Confused mod with bot?  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2018, 12:25:56 PM »

Confused mod with bot?  ;)
Could be either really.  A mod is somewhat subjective.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2018, 01:19:57 PM »
Thank you HT, for ruining the game completely. I understand that some people have problems being grown ups, or some have trolling issues.. But for me a huge chunk of social bit has been chipped away, I have made friends in game over the years.. And communicating with them, just being able to say hello, or just talk about the great fight we just had.. All that is gone now. I can tell allready after a few hours of playing now, that I am not liking this at all!

There have to be some other way to stop the smacktalk, without ruining the social aspect of playing a game amongst friends..
And regarding the pm's.. There's got to be a huge bug somewhere, because I get pm's from people across countries, but I can not reply back to them with a pm. ?? People must think I am being a Dbag or just plain rude for not replying to a friendly comment.  :furious

Sort this sheize out, or I'm gone!  :mad:

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:22:44 PM by SAJ73 »
TheStig

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2018, 01:32:49 PM »
It's up again.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2018, 01:41:54 PM »
It's up again.

For real? I was just in there, and I could only give salutes by .s   :headscratch:
TheStig

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2018, 01:57:38 PM »
Maybe Hitech doesnt like Norwegians.....   :D :rofl :D :rofl :D :rofl :D :rofl

Q: Why did the Norwegian take a ladder with him to the supermarket?
A: Because he'd heard the food prices in Oslo were extremely high.

Q: Why did the Norwegian crawl on the floor through the supermarket?
A: Because they're looking for the low prices.

Q: Why do Norwegian garbage trucks drive so fast?
A: The drivers are scared of getting robbed.

Q: Why did the Norwegian bring a rolled-up piece of sandpaper to the desert?
A: Thought it was a map.

Q: How do you sink a Norwegian submarine?
A: Scuba-dive down and knock on the door.

Q: How do you sink a Norwegian submarine again?
A: Dive down and knock on the door again. Wait for them to open the window and say, "You aren't fooling us this time!"

Q: How do you sink a Danish submarine?
A: Dive down and knock on the window. Wait for them to open the door and say, "Come on, who do you take us for? Norwegians?"

Q: How do you sink a Swedish submarine?
A: Give it a Norwegian crew.

Q: How do you say "genius" in Norway?
A: Tourist.

"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2018, 02:12:02 PM »
Let's try it for awhile and see how it goes. I definitely miss chatting with my buddies in the other countries but,
if getting rid of the toxic 200 commentators makes AH a better environment for everyone then let us go for it.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2018, 02:12:10 PM »
Thank you HT, for ruining the game completely. I understand that some people have problems being grown ups, or some have trolling issues.. But for me a huge chunk of social bit has been chipped away, I have made friends in game over the years.. And communicating with them, just being able to say hello, or just talk about the great fight we just had.. All that is gone now. I can tell allready after a few hours of playing now, that I am not liking this at all!

There have to be some other way to stop the smacktalk, without ruining the social aspect of playing a game amongst friends..
And regarding the pm's.. There's got to be a huge bug somewhere, because I get pm's from people across countries, but I can not reply back to them with a pm. ?? People must think I am being a Dbag or just plain rude for not replying to a friendly comment.  :furious

Sort this sheize out, or I'm gone!  :mad:

I found out last night that .p <gameid> still works for communication across countries....so it is still possible to talk to others....just can't have a group hug moment.

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2018, 02:25:37 PM »
200 is back up. Hitech said it would only be down for a couple of days, they were running some sort of test.

Here Hitech and Skuzzy reading TheStigs complaint above:

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:33:11 PM by BBQsam »

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2018, 02:34:38 PM »
Perhaps the real problem is the pace of action is so slow you have to kill time with a chat-room.  ;)

That is a big draw for me with this game...shooting the breeze with fellow players....I am one of those country hopper type guys.... Unfortunately in the fickle world we live in and the egos that have been hurt here bad reviews are a systemic issue for AH (or any game where people get butthurt) ... We the players for sure don't help things with the hyperbole we type sometimes but new players are not subjected to 200 unless they are told about it.... perhaps a strong set of rules that are adhered to and mods that are consistent ... sometimes there is a definite favoritism shown....

The other side of things isn't actually 200...it is the PMs.... these are way more toxic and a system of reporting is needed....not sure if it can be done but a simple reporting feature that can be used to capture the PM...alll of them if there is an exchange and send it off for review...AI or not..more work making such a tool for sure...this feature wouldn't stop things immediately unless key words are used and a cross country ban (and arenas .P still works) ... I have seen many instances of 200 blowing up because of PMs and one person wants it public....

the big problem with all I have typed above is I can't talk computer so have no idea of  practicality of it ... I do know that the main culprits still have a voice ..a way to communicate and berate.... and us that like the community tool have to just wear it....
I have usually been neither here nor there on changes to the game as it is not my game...I don't put the working hours into it...but this one has struck a nerve...oh dear poor me hahahaha

Cross country chatter is a great part of this game.... with it gone the game atmosphere has changed for me 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:38:09 PM by SPKmes »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2018, 02:53:22 PM »
I think we got set up by hitech for the last few weeks.  there's been a lot of political and normally not allowed talk on 200 in the past month or so without so much as a warning from moderators.  actually some of the players  would tell the rest the rest of us to cut out the non sense talk.

all of a sudden i got a warning 2 days ago for saying for saying a certain player was a "d".  the number 1 rule of the game has always been not to be a "d".  not that I always follow it.  just had never been warned before for saying it and that was on country chanel about another player in another country.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2018, 02:54:03 PM »
Tong's computer is a bit old, so his AH MA has rather bad lag, also he lives a LONG way from Texas, not his fault 200 wasn't working for him.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:56:38 PM by BBQsam »

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2018, 03:53:42 PM »
It was just a test.

:D
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)