Author Topic: Buzzsaw  (Read 7960 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Buzzsaw
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2019, 12:30:04 PM »
It's a great map for the GV faction of the game. The MA has three factions, furball, win the map, GV. Buzzsaw is 180 degrees out of balance for furballers while so-so for win the map but, is one map out of the total rotation of MA maps for GVers. And here I thought War Online: Pacific would have all the furballers quitting AH3 to play free forever in that furballing utopia.

I've got more than a decade in this game and still understand my $14.95 only gets me into the sand box to play. The rest is on me to do the playing for my $14.95, it's not buying stock or buying my way onto a board of dictators for HTC. And Hitech has rules even about content he has been strickt about since I've been here. He allows players to make maps, skins, and the other things, talk the Easyscore and the CM\AvA guys to see if they need help with mesh.

I made three terrains becasue I was bored with the AH2 terrains after a decade and more, also it was obvious with AH3 Hitech needed new content to compliment the new graphics. Buzzsaw sucks for the furballers and is marginal in it's layout towards inspiring the win the war crowd. It is an MA terrain designed to make GVers and bomber drivers happy and very few AH2 terrains converted to AH3 were making people ecstatic in general since they were same old same old. Anyone remember the original 9k center of buzzsaw that was reduced to 4k after a lot of whining? That screwed IL2, Ju87, and HurriD along with trying to dive bomb tanks over the whole center of that map. Had a prophylactic effect for the GVer's who were whining about being screwed all the time by the flyboys.   

The only thing "New" a player can bring to the Melee area is a terrain if you want to create "new" for this game in the MA. Mesh or "objects" are what is provided in the terrain editor by Hitech. Coming up with an unique and interesting to play on terrain shouldn't be a problem for such creative people who can tell Hitech exactly what's wrong with everything in his game.

When it comes to maps. Hitech should listen to his CMs and other long term players who know how to play the game much better than any investors. And if you enjoy limiting the "furballers" which inevitably causes lower #s. I don't know why anyone would invest in that. Perhaps it was okay to bring in a new map being that there were so many old ones, but now it should just go away. If you don't believe it. Just run a poll online about if players like it or not. My bet is 85% of the poll will say no.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2019, 12:43:01 PM »
I was referring to planes models and wire all the DMG models out. The only thing I can't do is figuring out how the plane should handel in-game. And should be researched by some one more knowledgeable than I am on how planes should perform. Since we don't  have had any new planes in recent years I would say it's long overdue and players can maybe help out with it. Get players together that want to do this sort of stuff.

When it comes to maps. Hitech should listen to his CMs and other long term players who know how to play the game much better than any investors. And if you enjoy limiting the "furballers" which inevitably causes lower #s. I don't know why anyone would invest in that. Perhaps it was okay to bring in a new map being that there were so many old ones, but now it should just go away. If you don't believe it. Just run a poll online about if players like it or not. My bet is 85% of the poll will say no.

+1 run a poll
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:44:53 PM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2019, 01:05:47 PM »
The maps sucks, period.

And yes I have and I liked to help. I offered making meshes for the game (models) and Skuzzy said there was no use for that.
Do you own a copy of Presagis Creator? With out it, you would only be able to create the simplest of objects.

I also offered making interfaces for the new game and there was no response to that.
How would you be able to do this?

HiTech

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2019, 01:24:21 PM »
No I dont. But I have enough experience with Maya, blender and 3D Max and willing to learn.

I offered my help on the forum. And I am a graphic designer by trait. I think i could be of use with doing some interface work.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:38:42 PM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2019, 02:33:13 PM »
No I dont. But I have enough experience with Maya, blender and 3D Max and willing to learn.

I offered my help on the forum. And I am a graphic designer by trait. I think i could be of use with doing some interface work.

There are several of us who have experience (10+ yrs) with creating 3D, 2D assets on these boards that would love to help anyway we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2019, 02:56:35 PM »
There are several of us who have experience (10+ yrs) with creating 3D, 2D assets on these boards that would love to help anyway we can.

I think I saw Easyscor mention they had lots of AHII custom objects that still need to get converted to AHIII format.  You might check with him.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2019, 03:16:03 PM »

Well I just thought I would add my 2 cents. Sure not disregarding what you say, just making my point too. It is not a popular terrain for the most part but it still allows everyone to have a go at eachother. Might have to adjust a bit.... but it still works.

It is nice to offer your help if it is needed. The things you offered were just not what they need at this time evidently.

Another terrain sure would not hurt but I have not heard of any in the works. The MA terrains take some kind of time to make to meet specs.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2019, 03:17:45 PM »
I think I saw Easyscor mention they had lots of AHII custom objects that still need to get converted to AHIII format.  You might check with him.

:salute

Yup AVA is a lot different from the MA in that regard. That is a possibility.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2019, 03:38:21 PM »

I have no doubt you could. Creator normally runs about $10k a copy are you interested in purchasing a copy? And exactly how do you think you could be of use with interfaces?

I'm in no way disparaging your skills, but it would be impossible for us to put any reliance on you for material creation because how long and if you work on something is up to you. And experience has taught me that players typically work on things that they are interested in, not what needs to be done.

Hence I am grateful for any content creation from players, but it is pretty much impossible to depend on a customer as part of the production chain.

HiTech

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2019, 03:55:53 PM »
Well most of us payed 10 years of 15 bucks a month ($1,800). So yeah we did something.

#Burn
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2019, 04:54:13 PM »
OK, back on topic....  :devil

Shuff, Bustr, and many other have to stop looking at these threads through their own eyes. Sure "adapt", "try something new", build your own maps are all great points..... for players who have played this game for years and understand the options available.

Look at it from a new players eyes. He was just playing yesterday on a small map, tons of action (NDilses). Cant take off and fly more than a minute or two with out running into someone. He logs in today and the numbers have dropped 20-30% at the same time of day, and of thos numbers he cant find at least a third of them.... they are in GVs, another third keep making runs to the strat depots .... he doesnt know why.... (dive bombing GV or running supplies), and the last third is spread out all over the map playing hide and seek. Then the map says up for 3-7 days. What happen to all that fun he was having on NDisles?

Why keep a map that seems to be built to chase away new players?

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2019, 04:58:53 PM »
Do you own a copy of Presagis Creator? With out it, you would only be able to create the simplest of objects.
How would you be able to do this?

HiTech

Not sure I understand this statement.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2019, 01:35:48 AM »
OK, back on topic....  :devil

Shuff, Bustr, and many other have to stop looking at these threads through their own eyes. Sure "adapt", "try something new", build your own maps are all great points..... for players who have played this game for years and understand the options available.

Look at it from a new players eyes. He was just playing yesterday on a small map, tons of action (NDilses). Cant take off and fly more than a minute or two with out running into someone. He logs in today and the numbers have dropped 20-30% at the same time of day, and of thos numbers he cant find at least a third of them.... they are in GVs, another third keep making runs to the strat depots .... he doesnt know why.... (dive bombing GV or running supplies), and the last third is spread out all over the map playing hide and seek. Then the map says up for 3-7 days. What happen to all that fun he was having on NDisles?

Why keep a map that seems to be built to chase away new players?

Maybe you need to quit looking at it through your eyes. That new player is probably having a ball in a new game while yall are complaining about a terrain.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2019, 06:15:12 AM »
That new player is probably having a ball in a new game while yall are complaining about a terrain.

How many years did we happily play AW, with just one (1) map?

- oldman

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2019, 08:55:09 AM »
Not sure I understand this statement.

A lot of mesh/shape creations involves more then just then what you see. There are animation aspects such as setting constraints on DOFs, tagging of sub nodes and faces along with assigning attributes that the program Aces High interacts with.

HTC has always used Creator as our primary 3d tool, and all our tools for doing the tagging are built around Presagis  Creator. While the visual mesh can many times be converted between different programs, All the other pieces of data vary rarely move between programs.

The next aspect is if we integrate something into HTC builds, we must have the ability to maintain it. Hence it would be very difficult to support and manage different source formats for mesh creation. Just as when we made a change to mesh formats from AHII to AHIII we were able to rebuild all our meshes, but that left players created content broken.

HiTech
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 08:59:54 AM by hitech »