Author Topic: none of my business, But  (Read 8567 times)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
none of my business, But
« on: April 23, 2019, 05:56:47 PM »
has HiTech replaced the 2 employees he lost.  just curious
just wondering.
no I don't want the job-barely know how to turn computer on.
but aren't we all wondering.
is HiTech gonna just let this game die or keep it going.

I know there are at least 300 open accounts.
3 weeks ago I logged on late and saw there were a little over 200 people in FSO with at least 100 ppl in Melee arena at the same time.
but again none of my business.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: none of my business, But
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 07:21:53 PM »
why dont you email him directly and let us know what happened.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 09:02:41 PM »

I know there are at least 300 open accounts.

Just from the ranking system in the Melee arena I would guess about 12-1500

Dougie

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 09:08:30 PM »
I wouldn't bother speculating. This is home for many of us and that's not likely to change.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 09:50:09 PM »
last month there were just over 900 players that failed to capture a base in a vehicle. How many "ties" that is I dont know, but my guess is there are less than 1000 "subscribed" players in the game. Of that 1000, how many only play scenarios, FSO, or just continue to send in their subscription money..... who knows.

FSO numbers are down, MA arena numbers are down on prime time evenings, Monday nights and Thursday night "events" have less people each week it seems. When was the last update? When was the last update the "War on Line"?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 09:55:51 PM »
last month there were just over 900 players that failed to capture a base in a vehicle. How many "ties" that is I dont know, but my guess is there are less than 1000 "subscribed" players in the game. Of that 1000, how many only play scenarios, FSO, or just continue to send in their subscription money..... who knows.

FSO numbers are down, MA arena numbers are down on prime time evenings, Monday nights and Thursday night "events" have less people each week it seems. When was the last update? When was the last update the "War on Line"?

You must be missing a lot.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 11:20:43 PM »

When was the last update?

It has been awhile and that is a bit odd, maybe it means there is a big update coming.

Dougie

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 12:02:34 AM »
Is the sky still falling?  :confused:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 12:13:27 AM »

just this friday we had more players on than normal.  as for you saying numbers are down, they have been pretty much the same for 2 or 3 years.  saying numbers are down from 8 years ago would be correct. just like it would be correct to say numbers are up from when the game started.

so I am excited numbers are up  :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock.

semp

in addition to your guessing of number of players.  900 players didnt capture a base, so 99 players captured base, so you mean to say 99 players captured I dont know 30 or 40 bases per map and there were about 60 maps. making up numbers here, lol.  man those fricking 99 guys really worked their butts to capture all the bases 24/7.  less than a thousand players, kind of not really true.  not sure how many but less than 1k...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:22:31 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 06:45:56 AM »
Back when the game started we had simpler and smaller maps (from my recollection). The stagnation of map making and player loss has compounded into a really nasty situation where players can't properly fill the maps. This position really puts the game in a not so ideal situation.

:old:

HT is capable of making the game grow.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 10:10:17 AM »
except for bowlMA-oceania-riftval-buzzsaw-the rest of the maps are the same maps from ah2 with then terrains changed-more trees and little villages-no barns no blown up houses-no berms
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 10:12:39 AM »

3 weeks ago I logged in after FSO had started there were a little over 200 people in FSO and 100 or so in Melee arena.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 12:45:11 PM »
There was 160 in melee the other night.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2019, 12:52:00 PM »
Honestly with the number of doomsayers on this forum I'm surprised it took this long.

Hitech, apparently we need reassurance, even though most of the guys that are concerned about it probably won't believe you no matter what you say.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Red37

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2019, 12:56:15 PM »
Anyone remember when AH did advertisements on History channel when the show Dog Fight's came out? Those were the days.
-RED37-
Single Engine Rating, CAD Engineer, Museum quality model maker, Aces High Addict!