Author Topic: fu4c is that really a dweeb plane ?  (Read 4245 times)

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
fu4c is that really a dweeb plane ?
« on: June 22, 2001, 11:53:00 AM »
Ive been using it more now since the perk points came out because the dweeb factor   :D. Anyway it`s a pretty good plane to fly if u have patience and keep up the speed. On the other side if u accidently happens to go into a furball your chances isnt really good if u hang on that turnfiter spiral going on, the vertical fite is the thing.
And here is my point the 190d9,la7,p47-11 and the tiffie is pretty much the same thing why is the fu4c perked vs them ?.

ohhhhh guess i get some toejame coming in now but thats the way i feel. (hmmm urrggg well i shouda mentionded the loving nik but then CREAMO "fat drunk or a gangbanger" is going to pick on me agian and i dont want that to happen   :D)

REMOVE THE PERKS FOR T_____E FU4C please ?

airguard

PS !
cant answer any posts until monday cause im gonna get increadeble drunk over a long time in a nice land called Denmark (København ). (good beer, great chicks, and always feel welcome in that country  :D )

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: air_guard ]

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2001, 11:57:00 AM »
its the cannons baby.

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »
what ??????????
airguard   YOU cant aford the 8 perk for c hog ???????????????????????????????

i say perk the whole plane set !!!!!

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »
3200 perk points for sale.  

Drex

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2001, 12:08:00 PM »
I think it was perked more because of usage, than it was because it's -that- much better than some other plane.  Of course, unless we're given an official explanation of its perkiness, it's all just speculation as to whether it was too uber or just over used.

Personally, unperk it.  More of them out there means more perkies for the rest of us!  Shoot one down and it's almost 3 points if you're in a Spit V!   ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2001, 12:11:00 PM »
Last count back in March or April, Blitz had over 4000 perkies, wonder what hes got today?  He never uses them...

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
Yeah, but he got almost all of them from attacking the Grunt Training Facility Rip.   ;)
-SW

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2001, 12:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:
Yeah, but he got almost all of them from attacking the Grunt Training Facility Rip.     ;)
-SW

Negative.   :)

I might add he's the only guy I know that could take out AA at a small field with a P51D in two passes, without dying, and do it consistently, with guns only..before they implemented this manable acks and "easy-acks" they have now.

VMF-323's only MoH winner for some incredible stuff this guy does.  

He is never interested in facilities, only in field captures.

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2001, 12:22:00 PM »
Looking at the plane vs plane kills, F4U-1C has a 2.4 to 1 kill ratio versus all other planes.

There's no other plane that even comes close to this ratio. Most are around 1v1.

Even the much maligned N1K2 only has a 1.2 to 1 ratio.

Is it the pilots or is it the cannons?

Hard to say.

Nexus

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2001, 12:34:00 PM »
Give the Spit Mark V the C wing and I hazard a guess that its K/D ratio might increase.
The online environment is friendly to a snapshot erratic move ,moreso than real world.
 Your Mileage might vary I know mine does. Maybe I need a tune up ?  
  :D

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: Baddawg ]

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2001, 12:45:00 PM »
The chog is better than most planes in the planeset. Look at the official polls conducted at the end of each tour. The AH community  very heavily to the chog!!!0

The simple fact is chog was the #1 used plane every tour by a considerable margin and often also the one with the highgerst k/d.

People are not idiots and they fly the plane that the feel they can do best in, and the largerst number of people chose one plane in particular the chog.

I dont care what any of you pompous and arrogant, "I ate chogs for lunch in my C202" people say, the plane was a diddlying menace and a freak, especially if a dozen of them were everywhere at once which was often the case before. Combine that the at with its BS 600lbs underweight FM issiues now ackgnowleged by PYRO, and the plane was an uber dwweeb ride.

And yes I could kill chogs too I dont think I ever had a negative k/d rate against them in my 109s except for my first tour, so dont say some stupid garbage like I should just learn to fly better against them. The point is they are a freaks with poor FM, bizzare gunnery ability and are plain disguisting.

Its great that they are perked and * poits is kinda ok and fair value.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2001, 12:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by Baddawg:

The online environment is friendly to a snapshot erratic move ,moreso than real world.

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: Baddawg ]

Only if you're not on a 56k modem, we have to earn our shots!  ;)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
I admit it's kind of strange.

The best explanation I heard around was it's overall usage was UNUSUALLY high around people. And I've been watching around all the debate and slug outs, nastiness amongst people about the C-Hog.

C-Hog is a kind of mysterious plane...

1) before the perk, it's usage was indeed VERY high..

2) people claim the cannons were outrageously powerful. No one was able to sufficiently prove this factor to be true.

3) on the other hand, though nothing was proved, it's results of performance in MA was also very successful, and the numbers of C-hog users were overwhelming.

4) if, it doesn't SPECIFICALLY have ANY kind of advantage over other planes, then why is it used so much? The opponents of "C-Hog guns = lasers" theory were also unable to give sufficient reason to this trend.    :confused:

Mystery plane indeed..

If it really is no better than other planes, why did people use it so much? If the C-Hog guns were unreasonably strong, couldn't HTC just adjust the power instead of perk it? Why is the perk there?  :eek:

The heart of this mystery..

*WHY DO PEOPLE REALLY USE IT SO MUCH?
 (there's gotta be a reason..)  :confused:

*WHAT IS IT ABOUT C-HOGS THAT HTC HAD TO DECIDE PUT IN PERK POINTS?
 (people whine about a lot of things.. HTC wouldn't have just given into whinings unless they found out something's reasonable about these whines)  :confused:

for answers to these questions, tune in next week on ...

"UNSOLVED MYSTERIES" * dum - dum - di - da *
  :rolleyes"

anyway, I like what happened after the perk. I see about as many C-Hogs as I see other planes now.. even the N1K population seems to have calmed down a bit...

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2001, 12:49:00 PM »
It's definitely the cannons.  NO question.  They're a great advantage in a HO or a snapshot, many times giving a quick kill so you don't have to tangle with the T&B airplanes.  

I believe the airframe is basically the same as the 'D' model so there aren't any advantages there.  It's got good diving, high speed handling and some zoom climb capabilities. It's not the fastest or best turning, it's just a good all-around middle of the pack kinda plane. Obviously if there was something more in the flight model, you'd see a higher kill ratio with 'D' model and the 6-.50 cals but you have to lay on the lead for that.  I get many more assists with only 6-.50 cals (P-51 case in point) and it takes longer to kill someone putting me at risk of someone else getting on my tail.

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: SpitLead ]

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: SpitLead ]

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2001, 12:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort:
Last count back in March or April, Blitz had over 4000 perkies, wonder what hes got today?  He never uses them...

Hmmmmm, then he got hispanos at hogd? What a cheater!  :)

Fariz