Author Topic: fu4c is that really a dweeb plane ?  (Read 4252 times)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
fu4c is that really a dweeb plane ?
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2001, 06:58:00 PM »
EVEN now they wont admit that the people who moaned about the chog were in any way right.As usual SW,Laz,Creamo are all the diddlyin' experts right? everyone else is a 'whiner'?

glad i left.
- hazed

Me too.

:p

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2001, 09:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by hazed-:
EVEN now they wont admit that the people who moaned about the chog were in any way right.As usual SW,Laz,Creamo are all the diddlyin' experts right? everyone else is a 'whiner'?

Hmmmm yup, that sounds about right.

Whiner.
-SW

Offline laz

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2001, 11:04:00 PM »
are you guys calling me a whiner or lazs???  :confused:   :eek:

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2001, 03:08:00 AM »
There is no such thing as a Dweeb plane.

However there is plenty of dweeb/whiner "pilots"(1).

Note (1) : I've never seen any 1944/45 LW pilot whine in a BBS about numbers over germany neither I've seen any RAF pilot whine about the 109E4 during BoB.

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2001, 03:50:00 AM »
1st i want to say, if a plane was so widely used, there must be a reason for it. And cause most online sim pilots take the easy- to-fly-easy-to-kill with planes, i think that the chog represented this plane in a bye a wide margin in AH.

Now about the underweight conditions.
Pyro stated in the "Flight Model Stuff" post that the Chog is underweighted. So no doubt in this fact. But he says not if it 200lbs,600lbs or something else. To clear this up it would be nice if pyro posts the Dhog/Chog weights of AH here.

Same is with the eng-performance, atm we dont know what is right, if Chog has -1A eng or 1D engine, till it is found out i can live with a -1d engine in the Chog as long as the underweight is corrected.

And last a side note to toad.
If a differnce of 3-5% means not much to u, here my guess: reduce the P51 topspeed by 3% which is around 12 mph, increase the weight of a Spit by 5% etc. i think u would wonder how AH balance would change. 3-5% are a huge difference in aircombat, they can easily decide about the outcome of a fight.

P.S.: I would like to see my D9 lightened by say 500lbs, would fly as if it had only 25% now, would really make a difference i guess. Or u want to tell me fuel load doesnt affect flight performance, fuel consumption is nothing more or less than a weight decrease, i cant believe u never noticed that a plane performs much better with 50% fuel rather than 100%

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2001, 06:34:00 AM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:

Oh no! It's the whiney BBS jockey here to tell me about how much of a p*ssy I am in real life! Hey jackhole, you are the one monitoring the BBS on the WEEKENDS!

LOL! seawulfe, lets see, take a look into the DATES (you know what does that mean, right?)

see when did I post my message?. the 22nd. At more or less 9 pm my hour in spain. Just 10 minutes before taking dinner and going out for drinking dancing and having fun until 6 am   :D

I wont say that it qualifies like "monitoring BBS"   :D

If you think I'm either of the above, you are dead wrong.. but I've got nothing to prove you. Your so damn whiney I would of slapped your face off your head in real life.

What a sorry prettythang   :D

Stop crying to me, you don't even play AH anymore... maybe you should move right on along, the only thing you ever contribute is a complaint or a whine.

So, it seems I really hit on spot, right? <GDR>

You got little man syndrome?
-SW

If you tell me whats that Ill answer you. It seems you are too familiar with complexes of inferiority

SW...how to say it...grow?...no because you'd grow in stupidity too. Mature?. No, because you'd be a sorry prettythang anyway.

ahh you are hoppeless   :)

[ 06-25-2001: Message edited by: R4M ]

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2001, 06:43:00 AM »
LOL this ended up as a long discussion.  :D
well ive wont fly the crap plane anymore from now on i will only fly the 202  :D
Anyway its intresting how the fu4c can get peoples attention there must be somthing special with that plane after all.

airguard

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2001, 07:24:00 AM »
Originally posted by R4M:
ahh you are hoppeless    :)

When I can start to understand what you are posting, I'll start replying again... until then, stay in WW2Ol. Don't need you whining over here.
-SW

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2001, 08:41:00 AM »
Naudet,

Perhaps I didn't use a good correct example.

You go to school and take a test and you get a score of 95%. You go home and SOME members of your family berate and harass you for totally screwing up the test.

HTC models the F4U-1C and do a very good job except the weight may be off 5%. Howls of outrage and protest! Long threads on the BBS, accusations of bias, etc. etc.

Sorry, I laugh this stuff off.

Those of you who think this is such a CRITICAL, game-destroying error, please post the FM programming that you have done. Any WW2 plane you choose.

Then let the slavering horde critique you on how you did.

Short answer: This is a MINOR error if you are intelligent enough to look at the "big picture", the overall view of the game.

On top of that it is getting fixed.

Remind me again, I seem to have forgotten... which massively-multiplayer online recreation of WW2 air combat has better flight modeling than we enjoy via a free download that is upgraded every month or two?

I'll wait for your answer because I surely can't think of one.
 ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2001, 08:56:00 AM »
But Toad!!! You forgot, if it shoots them down in a dogfight it must be perked!
-SW

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
tac... you are of course, as usuall.... wrong...  fly the Chog for 100 kills and I will guarntee that you will have assists.   everyone I know that flys the Chog gets assists.  you know nothing about chogs so probly shouldn't enter into the conversations about em.

laz... if you didn't want to be mistaken for me then you shouldn't have called yourself laz.  Is it so hard to add the "er" to the end?
lazs

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2001, 10:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:

What I find annoying is that despite the fact that the plane has been perked and despite the fact that you have officially quit shortly after it being perked you still don't get that you were such a whiner in regards to this one plane that it is unbelievable.

I mean.. really.. was it necessary to insult anyone that flew it?  No.  But you did.

ok show me where i insulted anyone flying it? as far as i can remember the nearest  got to insulting anyone who flew it was to claim its easy to kill in it and therefore the better pilots would be fairer on those less skilled if they chose a more challenging ride.The reasons i quit were for pricing and the lack of any new 'gameplay' features being added, and i clearly stated it was not fair of me to expect HTC to keep up with what i wanted to see added.I stated that it was burnout that caused this because of flying essentially the same game but with added planes to try.The last update with the d11,ki and Il2 was a dissapointment for me 'personally' because i had little interest in them.again i dont expect HTC to pander to my every whim, it just happened that the last update didnt thrill me enough to overlook the basic strategy/gameplay that id played for almost 2 years. Id essentially got tired of the game but not the planes or the dogfighting.I just cant dogfight forever deja because i prefer a greater element of strat ok?

Was it necessary to call anyone that even thought about defending pilots rights to fly whatever the want?  No.  But you did.

? i think i get the jist here.I NEVER asked for the plane to be removed.I thought in the interest of the game less of the f4cs around would be benefitial to all.seems HTC agreed when they perked it and i myself found the 2 months i flew after it was perked were full of a much more diverse target enviroment.This i personally thought helped stop the frustration of fighting f4ucs constantly.You claim i have something against those that flew it? i think you are wrong.I had a problem with seeing the damn thing everywhere and seeing as how it was deadly it rather spoiled the enjoyment of a good dogfight.best ive had was a 109g2 vs a spit5 i think with superfly.had we both been in f4ucs the fight would have been over after the first hit instead this fight switched advantage again and again with both of us being hit.Dont you agree this sort of fight is more fun?

Now, you have the sliver of a "600 lbs too lite" for a plane that never handled that well anyways.  Magically, you forget that your whole argument was basaed on "UBER LASER GUNS".  Does 600 lbs too lite somehow make it more lethal in an HO situation?  Nah... but you hold onto that number if you want.

if it was 600lbs and you think this weight is to be disregarded why not let every other plane have a 600lb weight reduction? Id sure like to have the 190a8 with 600lb taken off it!(joke deja).I watched an interveiw of the best p47 pilot of the war and he stated he preferred the older p47 without the added weight of armour because it reduced its performance so much.I think he said'for every 100lbs of weight you add you need 400 horsepower to compensate it' (or something along those lines memory is shot   :D), but obviously you know better right?a few hundred pounds less weight didnt give the f4uc ANY advantage???
'uber laser guns' was my arguement was it? I think i merely agreed with others and added that to my overall opinion that too many f4ucs was bad for the game.

What really cracks me up is when someone like hazed comes in here and tries to pretend that its not purely 20 mm envy that motivates his discussion in this thread.

again deja you employ your considerable talent at mind reading! of course THATS IT! Im just envious of the guns! why did i not realise this before? you are a moron deja.

That its not the fact that 4 hispanos pack a hell of a lot more punch than their LW counterparts.

i never said they didnt deja, but i did question whether the difference was as high as it appears in AH:

Mg151/20:
fire rate: about 750 rounds per minute.
muzzle-vel: about 800 m/s.
projectile weigh: average of 92 - 110 grams.
Gun Weigh: 41.5 kg
Hispano Mk-II:
fire rate: about 600 rounds per minute.
muzzle-vel: about 860 m/s.
projectile weigh: average of 130 grams.
Gun Weigh: 50 kg

Hispano Mk-V:
fire rate: about 750 rounds per minute.
muzzle-vel: about 840 m/s.
projectile weigh: average of 130 grams.
Gun Weigh: 42 kg

then there is this  :originally vermillion post:
The MG151 has approximately 78% of the delivered energy (ie Lethality) of the Hispano MkII.

The Hispano MkV has about 96% of the lethality of the MkII.

and finally from the man himself:

'The 20mm mine shell didn't show up quite so well. A comparative test with
the Hispano concluded that there wouldn't be much difference. What the
Hispano lost in explosive effect (only half the HE), it gained in kinetic energy, and it stood a better chance of punching through aircraft structures to reach fuel tanks,
or to inflict structural damage. Once again, it was with wing hits that the
mine shell was most dangerous.

Cheers,

Tony Williams'

this is single shell vs shell but a hit is a hit and so similar effects for a single hit in AH should be seen right?

Hazed... you may notice they still haven't turned down the velocity on those hispano rounds   ;)  Oh yea... I forgot... you weren't really talking about that when you argued about the CHog.

AKDejaVu

exactly right deja I never did argue the velocity was wrong.Again i say it. My arguement was that something was wrong with the chog and too many in the arena was killing the game for me personaly.the guns also seemed incredibly easy to kill with and from what i read of every other post on the subject the mg151 was only marginally less effective(as in it should acheive similar results in a different way eg harder to hit with but not much less deadly, with mineshells etc)

is my arguement a whine? no . but you said it was didnt you?.   :D
we can all twist what we say into personal attacks deja, but what i said on the chog was a complaint by a customer about an issue that was felt to be spoiling the game.The reason i said im sick of reading yours and others posts is that they always end up a slanging match with one side calling the other whiners.I have explained before how much i detest this crap but it is always brought up again and again when i question anything in the game,and usually by you or SW or Laz1.

[ 06-25-2001: Message edited by: hazed- ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2001, 10:42:00 AM »
Originally posted by hazed-:

I have explained before how much i detest this crap but it is always brought up again and again when i question anything in the game,and usually by you or SW or Laz1.

Explained in a whine... you will get the same reaction from me.

Now if you were to exclude the "Why doesn't the Luftwaffe get same treatment" crap... then hell, maybe I would give 2 sh*ts about what you say.

But as usual, there's the ever-present "The LuftWaffe MUST have equal treatment!" no matter how asinine the problem is.

So, the F4U-1C was perked because of whining masses (you dolts do realize that pre-whining the F4U-1C was NEVER as popular, doncha?) and here we are a month and a half later with the same crap being brought up.

"Cannons" nope that didn't work...
"It's uber" hmmm didn't work
"It's fast and rolls real well" Nope didn't work
"It beats LuftWaffe planes easy" nope didn't work

"Sheer numbers".. well no toejam shirlock, maybe if you whined more about that f'in plane it would have seen usage up into 50% of the arena's players.

And we've been over the guns before, it's always the same thing. "My LuftWaffe guns aren't as good as..." well hell have you looked at the explosive power of MG151/20's shells modelled in AH vs the Hispano???
-SW

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2001, 10:46:00 AM »
Throw grenade
close door
gets most of the dweebs in AH in one fell swoop.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2001, 10:47:00 AM »
http://hipe.uia.ac.be/~gustin/scratch/fgun/fgun-am.html

20 mm (MG-FF, MG 151/20)
2 Minengeschoß m. Zerl.
2 Brandsprenggranatpatronen L'spur m. Zerl
oder Brandgranatpatronen
1 Panzersprenggranatpatrone o. Zerl
oder Panzerbrandgranatpatrone (Phospor) o. Zerl.

Here the Minengeschoß appears for the first time. A version of the 20mm M-Geschoß with tracer did not exist, so tracer was used on HE/I (Brandsprenggranatpatrone) or pure incendiary (Brandgranatpatrone) rounds. The latter was apparently a new development in 1944, intended to replace the less effective HE/I. The fifth round was a semi-AP projectile, explosive or incendiary. Apparently the main reason this was used instead of a solid AP round was that a solid projectile would have been too heavy.

It was recommended that more AP or semi-AP ammunition would be loaded when the probable targets were well-armoured attack aircraft such as the Il-2. On the other hand, against the four-engined bombers of the RAF and USAAF the high explosive types were more effective."

Hazed, you continually compare Hispano belt loadings and MG151/20 beltings as if they were identical.

I think I recall that AH is mirroring this standard belting for the MG151/20. That is 2 out of 5 in a 5 round burst are Minengeschoß.

Now, what is the Hispano belting? What's the ratio of HE to AP to AP/I?

When you know that, you can make an informed comparison.

As far as we know AH models the average of the belting correct? NOT the individual shell by shell force.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!