Author Topic: Forced Oculus Rift Driver Update Now no Sound  (Read 664 times)

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
Forced Oculus Rift Driver Update Now no Sound
« on: December 18, 2019, 10:09:48 PM »
I was prompted and forced to update the Oculus Rift Drivers and now there is no sound in AH3.  I have not been able to figure out why.  Other games using the Rift have sounds.  Any advise?

Muttman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Forced Oculus Rift Driver Update Now no Sound
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 06:54:40 AM »
Reboot Win10.  Check your sound assignments in game.

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 09:52:34 AM »
I was prompted and forced to update the Oculus Rift Drivers and now there is no sound in AH3.  I have not been able to figure out why.  Other games using the Rift have sounds.  Any advise?

Muttman

During the course of my attempting to figure out things I lost sounds to everything on my PC.  After some trial and error and without knowing exactly what I did, I was able to get sound back to the PC.  When launching AH3 I get the opening credits music but once in game and ready to roll still no sounds.

Can someone that uses oculus rift please take a screen shot of the sound preferences page so that I can mirror that?  Hopefully that can clear things up.

Mutt

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 10:04:35 AM »
Ok, first of all let me explain the book "Computers for Dummies" would be way over my head regarding this stuff.  With that said, the sound is working for now.  I dont know what I did to get it working.  I would still like a screenshot of an oculus sound preferences.  Keeping my fingers crossed from here forward. 

Mutt

Offline AlbertSk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 01:18:05 PM »
Same here..Had to reselect everything in AH Options. Sounds, Speakers, Mic etc.  Also in Windows Control Panel, Hardware & Sound, found a new entry. Oculus Rift Virtual Audio Device which wasnt there before.  I deslected that & checked back to my original settings.

Offline Shrike

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 08:58:56 PM »
I had to reselect sound settings too but now I get a random “spinning hourglass” lock up.  Haven’t figured that one out yet.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95