Author Topic: experienc with covid19  (Read 2858 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
experienc with covid19
« on: December 29, 2020, 09:37:17 PM »
for those who think it's just like the flu, just compare it to this.  get somebody to kick you in your buttt and somebody to kick you in your nuts and repeat , it's the same, it's just pain.

true that some get no symptoms, some get mild and some bad, and some bad enough to kill.

my wife got sick first it was just nothing, nausea, weakness, then just overnight, fever, couldnt even walk, called an ambulance and they took her.  took me 2 days to even find out where she was at nurses wouldnt even answer the phone.
think the 3rd day, my memory is kind of hazy, they called me, she was positive and she was in not very good shape, doctor told me that she could breath on her own, but ordered breathing treatments anyway because of her lungs but mentally, she didnt know where she was, or why she was there.  she had a couple of small unrelated problems too but the doctor wasnt concerned about them.

she was 5 days in the hospital when I started showing symptoms, for a few days I had a bit of temperature and pain in my body, vision was a bit blurry not a big deal, no problems breathing or anything like that.  I had myself tested as soon as I found out my wife was positive and I was positive too.  fever went up to like 101, called the doctor and he said as long as I have no problem breathing it would be best to just stay at home.  if breathing was bad call an ambulance.  ordered a bunch of water, gatoraid and protein shakes to be delived just in case I couldnt cook.

I really became worried when I was playing to get my mind in something else and I had a hard time  holding the stick and pushing buttons.  I was really dizzy and started having problems walking.  constant headache that makes you wish you were dead. I draged a small fridge I have in my office to the sofa and filled it up with water, gatoraid and protein shakes.  got all the vitamins I had and put them on the table next to me, brought a couple of blankets and all the towels I had put them on the sofa, not sure why.

the pain I had was bad, just to get up and walk, almost felt like crying.  chest felt a little tight, but no cough no mucus.  last week they sent my wife home, I told the doctor that I couldnt even take care of myself, he said normally she would be taken to a convalescent home but nobody would take here and it didnt matter anyway because there's no room anywhere.  she had no fever, no trouble breathing, his main concerned was her mental status now as she only calmed down when she spoke to me.  he was afraid if she stayed at the hospital she would get worst.

she was delivered by hospital transport, two guys brought her in and put her on the sofa. somehow we managed to help each other for 4 days.  fever went down for me saturday i think, pain became more manageable. so I was able to help her more. she kept asking me to take her to the Jacuzzi, told her we dont have any, she was like well you let your friends use it, ask her who?  she said the guy that plays the banjo, told her that's bbaw and we just joke about it in the game.

it's funny how creative you can get, I used plumber's pliers to open water bottles and protein shakes as I didnt have the strength to use my hands.  used 2 belts and a small ladder to help my wife up to go to the bathroom as i have a bad back anyway.  she used that to strengthen her legs too.  she can pretty much walk on her own now.  today they delivered a walker, we both started laughing, we could have used it last week.

so, yes if you ignore the pain, the never ending headache that now is gone, the loss of strength, my wife's mental confusion, which I hope goes away, yes it it just like the flu.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: experienc with covid19
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 01:52:06 AM »
 :salute
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 02:13:36 AM »
Glad to hear you and your wife are on the upswing, Semp.   :salute

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 04:10:56 AM »
Take it easy guy.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 07:15:00 AM »
Glad you both got better

The wife and I were both extremly sick last March

I think I had it as I had to sleep sitting up for a week and had no taste or smell for at least a week.

Was sick for a month, feeling so crappy I had to miss KOTH and work for a week which never happens.

All that said, having now had it, do you think the world should be shuttered to avoid it?

That it is so bad as to kill the worlds economy?

I do not

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 09:19:39 AM »
I'm about to.

My girl is a nurse doing covid testing and I set up a triage area in the garage "yes.......carpet" for her to get into the shower without bringing anything into the house.

This worked great for months but now she has it.    She made it for 9 months without getting it in spite of people sneezing or coughing as she swabbed them.

So far, it's been pretty easy on her and I've not yet gotten it.

As far as rapid tests, 95% of the inaccuracy is in giving "false negative" results while the false positives are almost unheard of.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 09:33:20 AM by icepac »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 11:49:35 AM »
Some people it seems to affect, many it seems to not be anything or at most like a cold.

If you have serious health issues stay home. The heathier folks will keep the world going till this clears up and you can rejoin.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 11:54:46 AM »
Someone married semp... Blink twice if you're there of your own volition and once if you require help.

Joking aside  :eek:  :salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 10:02:45 PM »
Glad to hear you’re on the mend!

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 10:46:40 PM »
thanks guys, wife is doing better, she just confuses the past with the present.  she had an mri at the hospital but that came back negative, they suspected covid.  there's a lot of things that doctors dont even know about this covid thing.

she's pretty smart, but she changed a bit, like she would never sleep with the tv on and now she wants it off.  she got a different sense of humor than before, she never really liked to joke about sex, now she comes up with some really nasty jokes.  she never liked history now she likes history shows, little things like that.

I cut her hair, she had a ball of hair in back of her head all tangle up because she couldnt brush it for almost 3 weeks, we tried shampoo and oils and nothing worked.  she just asked me to cut it out.  that was a big thing before, now she didnt care.  I asked her you not worried what they're gonna say about you?, she said I dont give a crap what they think.  before it was a big thing with her what people thought about her.  her life revolved about others would say, not that she was vain, it was just the way she was.  she's a really humble person that just tries to please others.

we could be talking then she looks around and say where did everybody went.  then I have to explained that it was her birthday party back in may with 4 of our friends.  or she will asked me where her brother went and then she'll remember that he passed away 4 years ago. little things like that.

I think she kind of likes the way she is now, some bad memories went away and that is a good thing. known her since 2001 not once she would let me put my arms around her close to her neck.  now she just moves closer and pulls my arms towards her.  guess she had a couple of bad relationships, but she forgot about them now.

anyway, I hope that she never remembers that bad past and creates new memories.

thanks for all the good wishes,  :salute

semp

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 06:50:19 AM »
Glad things are better but all that does not sound covid related

Be safe

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 02:49:15 PM »
Glad things are better but all that does not sound covid related

Be safe

Eagler

I asked the doctor that question, he said in some people it causes confusion. they don't really know how much the brain is affected.

spoke to him about 1/2 an hour, he was asking me all kinds of questions. he said basically everything else is ruled out, except for covid19. he doesn't know if it's permanent or temporary. a brain scan was negative.

semp

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2021, 11:41:19 AM »
Sounds like you’re mostly on the mend, but your wife has a way to go. Hoping and praying the neurological changes aren’t permanent except the ones you two think are for the better.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2021, 11:47:34 AM »
Local CBS said only 131 ICU beds available in the whole state of AZ as of last night.

We decided against going to a New Year’s party last night for a few reasons, but the new strain identified and having about 20 people there was a big factor.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2021, 07:18:31 PM »
Glad to hear things are better Semp.    :)

One-eye
"One-Eye"