Author Topic: lost my buddy to heroin  (Read 2952 times)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Re: lost my buddy to heroin
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2021, 08:24:46 AM »
True but if we hang all the dealers then those people who "want to buy" wont be able to.  :devil Win win, get rid of the scum that make money off people with problems and take a major step to help people with problems by taking the drugs away.

So hang Big Pharm? The docotrs who pushed the opiods on people for profits from Big pharm??
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2021, 10:25:26 AM »
So hang Big Pharm? The docotrs who pushed the opiods on people for profits from Big pharm??

Sure, a drug pusher is a drug pusher. I have had injuries and been prescribed pain killers with the admonition "take as necessary". With in a few weeks the pain is tolerable as I heal and the pills that are left, go down the drain. I dont use them all and run back to the doctor asking for more which the doctor "happily" supplies for big pharma.

Its called maning up and moving on. I dont give them the opportunity to feed off me and so it isnt a problem. Far too many run back to the doctors only to turn around and sell the drugs instead of take them. Like the government "we the people..." need to put more restrictions on them. We have allowed them to do what ever they want for far too long and look at where it has gotten us. Big pharma is allowed to run wild because of all the money they throw around.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2021, 10:51:22 AM »
Sure, a drug pusher is a drug pusher. I have had injuries and been prescribed pain killers with the admonition "take as necessary". With in a few weeks the pain is tolerable as I heal and the pills that are left, go down the drain. I dont use them all and run back to the doctor asking for more which the doctor "happily" supplies for big pharma.

Its called maning up and moving on. I dont give them the opportunity to feed off me and so it isnt a problem. Far too many run back to the doctors only to turn around and sell the drugs instead of take them. Like the government "we the people..." need to put more restrictions on them. We have allowed them to do what ever they want for far too long and look at where it has gotten us. Big pharma is allowed to run wild because of all the money they throw around.

I will say that the Sackler family and Perdue pharma have been sued into oblivioin rightly for these pain killer drugs, however, I believe some doctors should be sued aswell for not prescribing them correctly and putting peoples lives in danger.

Yall should go watch the movie "Trainspotting". I am afraid this is one of the best ways to get your kid off herroin or pain killers. Im sure many wouldn't recommend it because its "the hard way", however, it may be the only way to break them fully from the addiction.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2021, 11:54:17 AM »
violator as good intention as you have, you do that to one of your relatives or a friend, it's called kidnapping. you will go to jail.

there's more to drugs than just quitting, it's the mental toll that makes it hard. it's your friends too, where you live, and most important family.

family sometimes is the worst enemy you can have when quitting drugs.

sometimes you have to walk away from everybody you know and that's the hardest part.

anyway, unless you have some personal experience, leave it to the professionals.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2021, 02:47:40 AM »

You make a good point. Well, a few of them.

I will add, it is the outlawing that allows criminal enterprise.  Shifting profits to criminals in a now unregulated market, allowing for deadly additives including fentanyl.

This point is very important and the necessary social concept to fix the problem is foreign to many a modern society.

:salute

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2021, 03:53:35 AM »
To Shuffler and Fugitive,

i understand where you are coming from however it has not been proven that addition is correlated with lack of will power. Many studies show it is not. While it might be a factor, it certainly isn't the only ( or main ) one.

If you look closely you'll find people of extreme will power who still remain addicts. Often cause of their addition lies in other problems - often psychologic. Whether PTSD or depression due to various factors, chronic pain - advice of "get a grip and be tough" is at best misguided.

What should be recognized as criminal is making dangerous substances widely available. Pushing them. "Ask your doctor if ...... is right for you". Pushing doctors to prescribe hard core drugs for injuries where nowhere else in the world such substance would be prescribed. While you might be strong willed enough ( or think you are ), how can you guarantee that others who are handed opioids are the same ?
Do you suppose it would be prudent to prescribe opioids to self medicate for pain to patient who lost his entire family in accident they survived ? Will they be strong enough ?

Those are dangerous substances that can ruin a life in a blink of an eye. Smallest mistake, and you and your family are on a shortcut to hell. And why ? In name of what ? Quarterly profits ?
Why can't those substances be used ( and dispensed ) only in hospitals - like everywhere else in the world ? Does everything have to be mass produced and marketed ?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2021, 02:27:47 PM »
To Shuffler and Fugitive,

i understand where you are coming from however it has not been proven that addition is correlated with lack of will power. Many studies show it is not. While it might be a factor, it certainly isn't the only ( or main ) one.

If you look closely you'll find people of extreme will power who still remain addicts. Often cause of their addition lies in other problems - often psychologic. Whether PTSD or depression due to various factors, chronic pain - advice of "get a grip and be tough" is at best misguided.

What should be recognized as criminal is making dangerous substances widely available. Pushing them. "Ask your doctor if ...... is right for you". Pushing doctors to prescribe hard core drugs for injuries where nowhere else in the world such substance would be prescribed. While you might be strong willed enough ( or think you are ), how can you guarantee that others who are handed opioids are the same ?
Do you suppose it would be prudent to prescribe opioids to self medicate for pain to patient who lost his entire family in accident they survived ? Will they be strong enough ?

Those are dangerous substances that can ruin a life in a blink of an eye. Smallest mistake, and you and your family are on a shortcut to hell. And why ? In name of what ? Quarterly profits ?
Why can't those substances be used ( and dispensed ) only in hospitals - like everywhere else in the world ? Does everything have to be mass produced and marketed ?

I agree...... will post more when I have time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TheRobbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2021, 09:10:59 PM »
Ignorant? If you buy drugs, you are ignorant. You care for no one. Simple as that.

I pitty folks like you but I do not dispare over your self induced challenges.

I pity a sour old man that would say something like that to someone who is grieving for someone they love. I don't know what is wrong with you bro. I don't. I am no fan of drug users either and I know the responsibility ultimately lies on them, but I was seriously losing my mind and overwhelmed with grief and you say that...dude. You need help. Seriously. My son in law was a good man with a disease and now he is gone and I will never see him again. you are a goof. I will never post on this bulletin board again. go to hell pal.
Scared aka Friend aka Booger.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2021, 11:11:19 PM »
I pity a sour old man that would say something like that to someone who is grieving for someone they love. I don't know what is wrong with you bro. I don't. I am no fan of drug users either and I know the responsibility ultimately lies on them, but I was seriously losing my mind and overwhelmed with grief and you say that...dude. You need help. Seriously. My son in law was a good man with a disease and now he is gone and I will never see him again. you are a goof. I will never post on this bulletin board again. go to hell pal.

No telling what the poor kids were put through. That is the tragedy. Where is the concern for the true victims.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2021, 11:39:42 PM »
No telling what the poor kids were put through. That is the tragedy. Where is the concern for the true victims.

who are the true victims?

semp

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2021, 03:55:09 AM »

semp
Pretty sure he means, The Next Generation/The Kids! It is right there in his post,Brother! JEEZ, can we not put away petty differences of opinions from past interaction on this BBS?   I know dealing with my Daughter's example, its the kids who take it worse! They just dont understand like we do! Drug use/Addiction is NOT A VICTIMLESS situation. Someone ALWAYS PAYS, and it is NEVER FAIR. I will have my hands full, for the next few years, trying to undo the destruction her decisions caused, even to me, let alone her kids! Like I said earlier God's Vengeance, is on the clock! Cause I am coming for them, in due time! Lord have mercy, because I WILL NOT
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 04:03:36 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2021, 11:52:54 AM »
that's why I mentioned earlier that family is the worst enemy of those who want to quit.

they never forget even after 30 years.  seen it with my wife, seen it with friends.

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2021, 01:07:26 PM »

semp

The kids who had no choice.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2021, 03:41:03 PM »
The kids who had no choice.

kids never get a choice. but drugs are just 1 of thousands of reasons why.

if there ever was to be a test to become a parent, I doubt many would pass it.

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2021, 03:50:49 PM »
kids never get a choice. but drugs are just 1 of thousands of reasons why.

if there ever was to be a test to become a parent, I doubt many would pass it.

semp

I would imagine your opinion on the matter would depend on your experiences. Some possibly as a child. That would be understandable.

There are a lot of good folks out there.... they are not in the news all the time.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 03:53:02 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"