Author Topic: 4 maps that need to go  (Read 8154 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: 4 maps that need to go
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2021, 01:05:44 PM »
Welp, we had bowlMA and Mindnao take over the weekend once again. I bet you that is the 6th time in 2 months... craterMA took over the other 2 weekends. BowlMA got timed out the weekend before after 7 days, then by the next weekend, we are back to it...

It's just getting old for us who normally can only play on the weekends. The #s are suffering on the weekends because of it. I can clearly tell. Instead of 160 players, we are seeing 120 or even <100 for most of the day.

Do your tests and you will see.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2021, 01:11:03 PM »
It's just getting old for us who normally can only play on the weekends. The #s are suffering on the weekends because of it. I can clearly tell. Instead of 160 players, we are seeing 120 or even <100 for most of the day.

Do your tests and you will see.

Respectfully, it's summer now.  That's about the usual winter-summer drop.  Still think the max time should be 4-5 days so a map doesn't screw up Sunday through Saturday.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2021, 01:12:24 PM »
Time out to swap out a map should be 2 days top

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2021, 01:56:26 PM »
Respectfully, it's summer now.  That's about the usual winter-summer drop.  Still think the max time should be 4-5 days so a map doesn't screw up Sunday through Saturday.

Wiley.

Time out to swap out a map should be 2 days top

Eagler

Yeah I hear you. I think 2-3 days tops is long enough. Last month was one of the worst on record in terms of plane stats. WAY lower than last April. I believe it's because of the same maps taking over the weekend causing slow boring small fight gameplay for most of the day.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2021, 02:58:23 PM »
Yeah I hear you. I think 2-3 days tops is long enough. Last month was one of the worst on record in terms of plane stats. WAY lower than last April. I believe it's because of the same maps taking over the weekend causing slow boring small fight gameplay for most of the day.

2 or 3 days is reasonable  :cheers:

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2021, 03:22:46 PM »
2 or 3 days would be good.

I will log in and stay for a while to see if there are any fights. But usually gone in 1/2 hour on these giant maps with low numbers on. Sun. night prime time was the pizza map with 72 players. Just not worth it.   :cheers:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2021, 07:18:09 AM »
All maps should be timed and changed every 48 hours in the name of keeping game play interesting and challenging.

If the base humpers can't win it in 2 days they can try harder on the next map

When did the best a2a game turn into a whinny ground base capturing game?

The map should insure great air battles first with base capturing 2nd IMO.

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2021, 09:08:07 AM »

Base capturing insuring great air battles and GV battles would be ideal imo.  How, other than players/squads promoting it, I claim to have no idea.  But I agree with the map issue and came to the same conclusion as Frodo with exception that I determined it wasn't worth my money along with not being worth my time.  Hopeful someday that will change but it seems things are trending the other way.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2021, 09:13:08 AM »
All this whining about gv's, base taker's, and map rotation, you conveniently ignore the pickers, the vulchers and the rammers.  :rofl

I don't have any problem with a map rotation cycle that is reasonable, but 2 days is not long enough, and 7 days is too long. So I'll just compromise and say 4 days.

Just to set the record straight, the long map duration's are EVERY ONES fault. Every country try's to Beat Down, the other countries, Bish, Knit, & Rook, instead of trying to roll the map. Bish did it Monday, the morning crew just would NOT stop taking knit bases, even though we had well over 33% of their bases and 3% of rook bases. I finally logged, just tired of the BS. Of course the next time it happens to us (bish), we'll whine about being double teamed.

I doubt we'll see Hitech do anything about it, beyond map duration's. If Peanuts is right and Hitech Creations is down to a 1 man operation, its not likely we'll see any significant changes to the game, beyond minor code updates/changes.

All this having be said, I still LOVE the game, and I see my playing the game till the Lord calls me home, or it is finally shut down.

There enough rambling, to all  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2021, 12:11:48 PM »
I would think if it is coded to swap put a map in 7 days, it wouldn't take much to change it to a 2 or 4 day swap

Eagler

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2021, 05:21:28 PM »
I would think if it is coded to swap put a map in 7 days, it wouldn't take much to change it to a 2 or 4 day swap

Eagler

If I not mistaken, it is an Arena Setting.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2021, 06:04:36 PM »
I want Kenai's and KONGS's new maps and I want them now!

I'll fly down to Texas to protest!
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2021, 03:38:02 PM »
How about a 3 day period for all maps? If they get rolled in 6 hours then it would reset each country to a different location on the same map.

If the map only has 6 hours or less left when it’s won (2.75 days) then it proceeds to the next map.

This way the maps many people love that get rolled fast stay up longer and the maps that many people loathe being up for a week (give or take) don’t stay up as long...

A fair balance?

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2021, 04:30:01 PM »
How about a 3 day period for all maps? If they get rolled in 6 hours then it would reset each country to a different location on the same map.

If the map only has 6 hours or less left when it’s won (2.75 days) then it proceeds to the next map.

This way the maps many people love that get rolled fast stay up longer and the maps that many people loathe being up for a week (give or take) don’t stay up as long...

A fair balance?

:salute

I hear you, but the game is better off just getting rid of these 4 maps all together and making the time the maps stays up to 3 days max. These maps constitently come on during the weekends when the largest target market is playing. This is creating lower #s during the weekend because there are smaller fights. Smaller fights create boring game play so many people go look for more actionable games. When there is a decent new age map up, you can clearly see it in the #s especially going later into the night. When the same boring huge slow map is up for multiple days. You can easily see the #s stagnate per day that it's up.

You can cleary see it in the plane stats for the month. Look at this May and this April plane stats compared to last year. These 2 months were filled with these 4 maps on the weekends 6 out of the 8 weeks. Thats why I got fed up and made this post. There is no question about it to me. It's unfortunate how completely arrogant some people are about this situation. It boggles my mind that some cannot see the correlation.

Maps that have super far bases, promote high alt fights like Mindnao and Buzzsaw, and huge fronts like BowlMA with 15 bases to attack, are a detriment to the fights and overall game. BowlMA and CraterMA during off hours are ridiculous and the stats prove it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2021, 05:22:26 PM »
violator, like I asked you in the other thread. which maps have been up on the weekend since January.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.