Author Topic: 4 maps that need to go  (Read 8155 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: 4 maps that need to go
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2021, 07:53:36 PM »
Better than no fight at all.....maps with good and shorter base layouts create less hoarding because it's faster to defend from a back field..maps with far distance fields create the biggest hoards, thats one reason I don't like Mindnao and even smpizza even though they are smaller, the same for bases on buzzsaw. The back fields are too far to defend from.

so, I imagine more players will join for a never ending furball.  meanwhile we get rid of the base takers,  tankers and bombers.

I hate buzzsaw and some of the other small maps but for different reasons. strats are always down, and all action is mostly in the center.  but when i play for some reason, players are having fun there.

and based on the number of kills, looks like they enjoy it.

so I go somewhere else and start making my own fun.  god forbid I'm forced to do that.

used to take 3 or 4 bases at night, by myself or with the help of another. now I can't even take one because them dweeb bombs me. the nerve of some people.

so going back to the question, which players do you want to get rid of?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2021, 02:25:04 AM »
Do you not see the issue there?

I do. I see that regardless of how sincerely and honestly you try to explain your position on this forum there's always going to be people who are only able or willing to interpret the discussion through a giant ball of preprejudice, couched in a layer of trolling.

I do not want anyone to play my way, that's your (and other's) uninformed prejudice talking. That would be counter-productive for me. I want players to be less insulated from risk and less able to avoid combat in the MA because it's bad for equitable gameplay in a combat simulator and makes people quit prematurely or simply stay away in the first place. Apart from ignoring those who'd rather take issue with my tone than my content I don't see the merit or even possibility of further discussion.

Blade, DustySky and 55Bear. They take from the game only selfishly with no reasonable contribution to anyone else's gameplay experience.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2021, 02:54:15 AM »
I do not want anyone to play my way, ... I want players to be less insulated from risk and less able to avoid combat in the MA because it's bad for equitable gameplay in a combat simulator and makes people quit prematurely or simply stay away in the first place. Apart from ignoring those who'd rather take issue with my tone than my content I don't see the merit or even possibility of further discussion.

So you don't want them to play your way, you just want them to change their behavior.

Regardless, as is always the case with these threads, it's been beaten into the ground ad nauseum for years making the same points, but maybe this will be the thread that changes his mind!

Wiley.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 02:56:05 AM by Wiley »
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2021, 04:22:24 AM »
I do. I see that regardless of how sincerely and honestly you try to explain your position on this forum there's always going to be people who are only able or willing to interpret the discussion through a giant ball of preprejudice, couched in a layer of trolling.

I do not want anyone to play my way, that's your (and other's) uninformed prejudice talking. That would be counter-productive for me. I want players to be less insulated from risk and less able to avoid combat in the MA because it's bad for equitable gameplay in a combat simulator and makes people quit prematurely or simply stay away in the first place. Apart from ignoring those who'd rather take issue with my tone than my content I don't see the merit or even possibility of further discussion.

Blade, DustySky and 55Bear. They take from the game only selfishly with no reasonable contribution to anyone else's gameplay experience.

wow, so you want to change to 3 bases and a map that is so small nobody would play because of 3 players.  and yet I dont recall seeing any of them in the last month or 2.  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

semp

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2021, 05:18:16 AM »
What a lot of you think a furball is, is usually a good fight for a base.

IE, people are defending it.  I fly the auto switch feature, and currently targets for each country consist of the one of least resistance. 

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2021, 06:44:18 AM »
wow, so you want to change to 3 bases and a map that is so small nobody would play because of 3 players.  and yet I dont recall seeing any of them in the last month or 2.  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

semp

Even I can see he answered your own direct question, nothing more; "which players do you want to get rid of?".

Did almost everyone on this forum snort glue and kill brain cells in the last few months or does covid19 cause brain damage?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2021, 07:30:46 AM »

Not sure what that is but I think I should be included here lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2021, 07:57:10 AM »
Not sure what that is but I think I should be included here lol

Eagler

Negatory.....

You provide me entertainment when I am in the game in MNM and KOTH,  hehe
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2021, 07:58:37 AM »
So you don't want them to play your way, you just want them to change their behavior.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2021, 09:36:28 AM »
so, I imagine more players will join for a never ending furball.  meanwhile we get rid of the base takers,  tankers and bombers.

I hate buzzsaw and some of the other small maps but for different reasons. strats are always down, and all action is mostly in the center.  but when i play for some reason, players are having fun there.

and based on the number of kills, looks like they enjoy it.

so I go somewhere else and start making my own fun.  god forbid I'm forced to do that.

used to take 3 or 4 bases at night, by myself or with the help of another. now I can't even take one because them dweeb bombs me. the nerve of some people.

semp

It sounds like you just want to play by yourself or with one other and take bases by yourself. If one player takes bases by themselves, that's not healthy for the game, IMO. That seems like a more selfish approach than my idea. Like lazer said, bigger battles get started because of offense and defense and choke points. No one wants the MA to turn into 3 bases on each side. They just want bigger battles to be apart of by condensing the action. You can still find a non used base on any map and fly bombers, get alt, and go bomb stuff. If you are afraid of someone climbing out to attack you, it seems like you are intending to play the game all by yourself with as little resistance as possible. To me, that is not an overall winning strategy for Hitech as you are the outlier to what most of air combat enthusiasts want. You want to play by yourself while effecting the map for others without any resistance. That is lame gameplay to me.

I logged into the MA yesterday. BowlMA was still up, the bish got all their bases back from 42% the night before. There were 75 players on at 11 PM est - 8PM pacific. It looked like nothing was going on. I saw a few small dars scattered around. Other than that, looked extremely boring so i logged to go play Halo. That's exactly what most of the players have done.

It seems like we have already gotten rid of the players who are in it for a good fight. That leaves loners who want ton play by themselves which is the far minority if you ask me.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2021, 10:21:49 AM »
It seems like we have already gotten rid of the players who are in it for a good fight. That leaves loners who want ton play by themselves which is the far minority if you ask me.

Oddly enough, I've had no trouble finding good fights.  I was on last night about an hour before you were.  I believe there were about 120-140 people in the MA at the time, evenly divided (thanks to everyone who uses the side-balancing feature!).  I was eagerly engaged by any number of people during the half hour I was on.  Some were vets I've known for years, but quite a few were names new to me.  I doubt that we'll ever again see the 600+ numbers of years gone by, but there are fun fights available at this level of participation.

- oldman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2021, 11:09:35 AM »

Oddly enough, I've had no trouble finding good fights.  I was on last night about an hour before you were.  I believe there were about 120-140 people in the MA at the time, evenly divided (thanks to everyone who uses the side-balancing feature!).  I was eagerly engaged by any number of people during the half hour I was on.  Some were vets I've known for years, but quite a few were names new to me.  I doubt that we'll ever again see the 600+ numbers of years gone by, but there are fun fights available at this level of participation.

- oldman

During prime time the #s are okay and generally the fights are decent for one side of the map, sometimes both depending on the map. But once the off hours hit. The action greatly depends on the map. I think finding ways to increase the afternoon #s is a good start and I believe the map 100% determines the actionability. We are stuck playing the same 4 maps every weekend, generally, and it's becoming stale. When there are 60 players on at 1PM est on Sat or Sunday, and a couple of small dars on bowlMA. The majority of people just aren't gonna stick around to fly in circles hoping to find one guy to shoot at in a 15 minute sortie. Increasing the afternoon #s with better maps will increase the overall #s and bring back enthusiasm. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2021, 12:55:35 PM »
During prime time the #s are okay and generally the fights are decent for one side of the map, sometimes both depending on the map. But once the off hours hit. The action greatly depends on the map. I think finding ways to increase the afternoon #s is a good start and I believe the map 100% determines the actionability. We are stuck playing the same 4 maps every weekend, generally, and it's becoming stale. When there are 60 players on at 1PM est on Sat or Sunday, and a couple of small dars on bowlMA. The majority of people just aren't gonna stick around to fly in circles hoping to find one guy to shoot at in a 15 minute sortie. Increasing the afternoon #s with better maps will increase the overall #s and bring back enthusiasm.

Regardless of map, when do you ever see a decent fight during off-peak times?  Anytime I log in in the morning or afternoon, it is nothing but 3 planes up on a side regardless of map.  If the other maps are good enough, why aren't there more A2A fights when they're up?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2021, 03:17:36 PM »
wow, so you want to change to 3 bases and a map that is so small nobody would play because of 3 players.  and yet I dont recall seeing any of them in the last month or 2:bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

semp

Just FYI those players I’ve seen on recently.

I don’t have any opinion about their gameplay though...

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2021, 08:50:12 PM »
Even I can see he answered your own direct question, nothing more; "which players do you want to get rid of?".

Did almost everyone on this forum snort glue and kill brain cells in the last few months or does covid19 cause brain damage?

i wasnt asking names but groups. the base takers, the bombers, the tankers...

semp