Author Topic: The so called "Dueling Arena" is a JOKE!  (Read 6146 times)

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
The so called "Dueling Arena" is a JOKE!
« on: September 24, 2021, 09:40:29 PM »
Hurricanes...my but...they could out climb , out turn and pull seven plus G's   Really!?!  An F-16 can't do what they do.

Change them. It's beyond any definition of reality.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
Re: The so called "Dueling Arena" is a JOKE!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 10:02:25 PM »
Forgive me for calling it the "dueling arena".  It is the Match Play arena I believe.

Call it what you will. It still is not what this community wants. Speaking for myself....the old Furball Lake arena would encourage more old and new players to actually go there and have some fun. Just my opinion.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 10:45:46 PM »
are you fighting the AI or other players?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 10:59:41 PM »
Hurricanes...my but...they could out climb , out turn and pull seven plus G's   Really!?!  An F-16 can't do what they do.

Change them. It's beyond any definition of reality.

I'm with you Bixby. I keep trying to speak up about it and provide much better solutions to the whole thing. Having AI fights, a furball area (but not really), and a dueling setup all in one arena is not working, especially when you can't pick your fights in the dueling set up either. What could be simple has been made way too complicated.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 05:36:57 AM »
Yup it's cack. AI is totally predictable and they violate the flight model humans are confined to.

Unlock A1, A2 & A3 and it'd be more useful than it is now.

It still is not what this community wants. Speaking for myself....the old Furball Lake arena would encourage more old and new players to actually go there and have some fun. Just my opinion.

Totally agree.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 05:37:49 AM »
Hope you and your wife are well Bixby. Good to see you old chap  :salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 09:48:59 AM »
I believe that furball lake was also a poor design, albeit, better than what we currently have. Here is my suggestions from the last post about this topic.

Change the current map to one of the small AVA maps with air spawns and name it fighter bowl. Let this be a free fight arena. Don't even need teams. Teams create less action and ganging when #s aren't even.

Make a new arena with the air spawns called the dueling arena just like the current one. Let this be for dueling and team dueling only, need to change it so that you can chose who to fight. One of the biggest issues with the current match play.

Make a team death match arena out of the current AvA and keep it to a short distance small map with about 3 or 4 bases on each side.

Make a new arena that is for AI fighting like in the match play. The Dueling arena needs to be a different map than the AI arena. For players who just want to fight AI for practice. The planes should fly to their model ability and come in one at a time. People do not like being ganged by AI when they already get ganged in the MA.

Leave scoring out of it all.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 01:22:11 PM »
Forgive me for calling it the "dueling arena".  It is the Match Play arena I believe.

Call it what you will. It still is not what this community wants. Speaking for myself....the old Furball Lake arena would encourage more old and new players to actually go there and have some fun. Just my opinion.

:rock

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 01:23:25 PM »
Yup it's cack. AI is totally predictable and they violate the flight model humans are confined to.

Unlock A1, A2 & A3 and it'd be more useful than it is now.

Totally agree.

:rock :salute  Hope all's well with you & yours, Shida

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 07:22:10 PM »
you guys arguing about the name of an arena is hilarious. remember when hitech called one the pink arena just to prove a point?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 08:45:52 PM »
you guys arguing about the name of an arena is hilarious. remember when hitech called one the pink arena just to prove a point?

semp

I don't remember that, but I do remember when he swapped Blue and Orange in the list.  Was it Blue and Orange?  I've forgotten. :o  Either way, he swapped the name order to prove a point.  As expected, everyone was in the "other" arena, and not in the one that was "primary" for ages. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 09:02:05 PM »
I don't remember that, but I do remember when he swapped Blue and Orange in the list.  Was it Blue and Orange?  I've forgotten. :o  Either way, he swapped the name order to prove a point.  As expected, everyone was in the "other" arena, and not in the one that was "primary" for ages. :D

people were arguing about the blue or orange or whatever color they had, saying one was better than the other, so for a few months he named the first one listed the pink arena.  saying the name didnt matter it's the more populated that gets the attention.

same as when he changed the switched time from 12 hours to 6, for 3 or so weeks nobody noticed.  people still kept posting that 12 hours was too long.

name of the arena doesnt matter, number of bases dont matter.  people kept asking for ai and now they complain there is ai.  there's already a way to set up an arena for squad v squad or 1 v1 up to 12 using whichever map you want.  but the extra 2 minutes to set it up is too much for some.

semp

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2021, 09:34:38 PM »
people were arguing about the blue or orange or whatever color they had, saying one was better than the other, so for a few months he named the first one listed the pink arena.  saying the name didnt matter it's the more populated that gets the attention.

same as when he changed the switched time from 12 hours to 6, for 3 or so weeks nobody noticed.  people still kept posting that 12 hours was too long.

name of the arena doesnt matter, number of bases dont matter.  people kept asking for ai and now they complain there is ai.  there's already a way to set up an arena for squad v squad or 1 v1 up to 12 using whichever map you want.  but the extra 2 minutes to set it up is too much for some.

semp

You are missing the point.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 10:17:33 PM »
You are missing the point.

enlighten me

semp

edit: ava is more than willing to accommodate you for changes to it if you bring enough players.  the name of the arena dont matter, used to play in the ava before and due to my failing eyesight, I couldnt play there anymore without icon, they changed that to ma settings years ago, but only a few players showed up.  any arena can be changed, name dont matter as long as players show up.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 10:21:47 PM by guncrasher »

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2021, 10:21:48 PM »
Not sure why you guys even ask for things to change. This game will be what it is until it's gone.