Author Topic: Unsportsmanlike game play  (Read 14442 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Re: Unsportsmanlike game play
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2021, 09:08:09 PM »
For example, I doubt that many of us would brag about shooting down a crippled bomber trying to land.  But I may be wrong.

You poor delicate little flower.  I didn't mean to give you the vapors.  Have some smelling-salts.

All in the Game, Yo
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2021, 09:15:50 PM »
Not picking on you Cpttrips nor you Simon...but cptTrips you left 1 of the new rules out

Simon says"********"    ROFL
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2021, 09:20:34 PM »
You keep babbling platitudes, but you never answer the sticky questions.

Let's try a simple one:

Is it unsportsmanlike for me to egg a tank that is not engaged in taking a base?

Personally, if a tank is pushing towards one of my bases, yup he's fair game, if hes defending a baes we are trying to take, again yup fair game. On the other hand if they are in a tank town type setup beating on each other Im not going to bother going out of my way to hunt GVs. I prefer hunting planes.

In your tail of following a buff home only to shoot him down in sight of his base, ya totally classless move. If you wanted to shoot him down do so when you come across him. Whats to point of following him all the way back to his base to kill him then, other than being a dick. If you show a little class and did let the buff limp home, maybe he'd be back in another set to try his luck one more time. Instead, you pissed him off and maybe he never comes back. Congrats, you chased away another player. Good for you, you got your jollies and the rest of us are one player closer to seeing the door close.

I think THAT is the point of the thread.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2021, 09:21:22 PM »
Not picking on you Cpttrips nor you Simon...but cptTrips you left 1 of the new rules out

Simon says"********"    ROFL

I'm changing my handle to The Wiz!  That trumps everything!

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2021, 09:39:39 PM »
Personally, if a tank is pushing towards one of my bases, yup he's fair game, if hes defending a baes we are trying to take, again yup fair game. On the other hand if they are in a tank town type setup beating on each other Im not going to bother going out of my way to hunt GVs. I prefer hunting planes.

In your tail of following a buff home only to shoot him down in sight of his base, ya totally classless move. If you wanted to shoot him down do so when you come across him. Whats to point of following him all the way back to his base to kill him then, other than being a dick. If you show a little class and did let the buff limp home, maybe he'd be back in another set to try his luck one more time. Instead, you pissed him off and maybe he never comes back. Congrats, you chased away another player. Good for you, you got your jollies and the rest of us are one player closer to seeing the door close.

I think THAT is the point of the thread.

First of all this was back when you had 400 players a night, so sure, I'm responsible for AH's precipitous decline because I shot down a bomber. :rolleyes:

Is there a set time in which I'm allowed to shoot?

Am I not letting him get closer to base and reinforcements?  Is it my fault his team hung him out to dry?

Could he have not just shot me down as  I made my pass?  I generally get killed by bombers more than I kill. 

Who gets to make these rules to decide when and when I can't shoot?

He could have bailed or nose argued into the ground.  he knew I as there and kept flying.  That was his choice.

And what harm did I do him by blowing up his little cartoon plane?  After he bombed our strat and shot down teammates?  Did he die in real life when I did that?

Because he didn't get to land his points?  So he's a score wh*re?  I have sympathy why?

You people live in an echo chamber.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: November 04, 2021, 06:29:45 AM »
To me the game is all about good a2a...always has been always will be..

What's great about AH is if you stink in fighters you can stooge around in a bomber

If you can't handle that you can  crawl around in a gv ..

And if you don't have that skill set you can grab a gun and take pot shots at the planes you have the can't fly or a boat while bobbing around offshore...

To me it has always been about fighters...

There's a reason if you washed out of fighter training but could still fly somewhat they put you in bombers or made you a gunner...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2021, 10:49:18 AM »

First of all this was back when you had 400 players a night, so sure, I'm responsible for AH's precipitous decline because I shot down a bomber. :rolleyes:

Am I not letting him get closer to base and reinforcements?  Is it my fault his team hung him out to dry?

Could he have not just shot me down as  I made my pass?  I generally get killed by bombers more than I kill. 

He could have bailed or nose argued into the ground.  he knew I as there and kept flying.  That was his choice.

And what harm did I do him by blowing up his little cartoon plane?  After he bombed our strat and shot down teammates?  Did he die in real life when I did that?

Because he didn't get to land his points?  So he's a score wh*re?  I have sympathy why?

...For a guy I've disagreed with as much as I have over the years with Trips, I'm surprised how much I've been agreeing with him lately.  Guess his spirit finally got broken.  :D

As I've often said, the only rules in the MA are what you can do in the game, and what you can't.  Expect the enemy to do everything they can to kill you, always.  If you get chivalry from your opponents, swell, but you can't demand it.  How you conduct yourself toward the others is also your own business.

One man's "respecting the 1v1" is another man's "abandoning a friendly to die when you could've helped".

Expecting the arena to bend around your self-imposed rules is a) annoying and b) ridiculous.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2021, 01:50:15 PM »
Moving Asia Email List to the Bottom.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2021, 04:22:33 PM »
Some people don't get the art of air combat, that's why they are frequently the 3rd man in on a con.
The rest of us watching, roll our eyes so hard we have to barrel roll in the opposite direction to see straight.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2021, 06:25:20 PM »
Some people don't get the art of air combat, that's why they are frequently the 3rd man in on a con.
The rest of us watching, roll our eyes so hard we have to barrel roll in the opposite direction to see straight.

Ah!  A fellow delicate flower.  So comforting not to be alone.

- oldman

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2021, 01:53:03 AM »

Ah!  A fellow delicate flower.  So comforting not to be alone.

- oldman

damn oldma! you just now realizing dolby ?    just messing with ya brother
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2021, 06:35:02 AM »
The inefficiency of having more than 2 people on a single con sets the German in me on fire.  :D

The 3rd guy should be climbing and covering while the fight goes on. Ganging leaves you and your squad-mates vulnerable to incoming, higher energy contacts.
This has been my TED talk.  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2021, 07:48:01 PM »

Geez.  There are no “rules” true. like in life there are no rules against being an jerk.  But chose to be one, and you’ll be alone.  The point of the thread is “Treat your opponents like they don’t matter, and you won’t have any opponents”.

Let that sink while you’re screaming that you can do what ever you want because there are no “rules”

There is no rule…
To hold a door open for someone behind you.
To allow people to alternate merging when a lane is closed.
To not read your book out loud on a subway.
And so on. 
But people do those things because it makes thing more enjoyable for all concerned.

Are you one of those people that can’t see what the obvious things to do are that make things better?  You need a law or rule by some Authority or Government or you don’t know how to behave?  Your inability to determine where the lines are seems purposely naive, or hopelessly obtuse.  Whatever dude.

Who is John Galt?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2021, 08:39:20 PM »
Whatever dude.

Ironic.  That was my intended reply.

I'll settle for:

Good luck with that.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2021, 09:09:33 PM »
Geez.  There are no “rules” true. like in life there are no rules against being an jerk.  But chose to be one, and you’ll be alone.  The point of the thread is “Treat your opponents like they don’t matter, and you won’t have any opponents”.

Let that sink while you’re screaming that you can do what ever you want because there are no “rules”

There is no rule…
To hold a door open for someone behind you.
To allow people to alternate merging when a lane is closed.
To not read your book out loud on a subway.
And so on. 
But people do those things because it makes thing more enjoyable for all concerned.

Are you one of those people that can’t see what the obvious things to do are that make things better?  You need a law or rule by some Authority or Government or you don’t know how to behave?  Your inability to determine where the lines are seems purposely naive, or hopelessly obtuse.  Whatever dude.

I agree with this 100%. Unfortunately many people seem to have been brought up to be A holes instead of recognizing these unspoken rules the rest of us live with day in and day out.