Author Topic: Unsportsmanlike game play  (Read 14261 times)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Re: Unsportsmanlike game play
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2021, 07:04:37 PM »
someone doesn't like it when they get denied the cartoon kills

Don't confuse me as a supporter of what you describe as I fly at 20-K plus but don't run away. Love cartoon fights at high altitude.

If they run away just turn around, show them your six
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2021, 09:48:54 PM »
I expect to die the same way I kill.  i expect the other player to do exactly what I do.  there's not a single time I've died that i havent killed anybody the same way.

sportsmanship?  I try to show it by saying, hey good kill.  do you think i like to fly for over 1 hour climbing to 35k to get killed by a 163 that takes 1 minute to get there?  nope, but I expect to spend all of that time to get killed 3 seconds before my drop.

I kill ords, dar, hit strats, bomb gv's, kill bombers, pick fighters, vulch fighters, kill m3's.  is it an even fight to fly down from 1 or 2k to kill an m3? nope, same as I dont expect to be safe just because I am out turning a plane and 1 or 20 of his friends dive down or climb up and kill me.

I would throw my purse at you if hitech would coad that into the game.  I'll do anything to bring you down and I expect the same from you.

sportsmanship is being cool with each other.  we do make fun of each other but in a cool way and be gracious to accept the way we got killed is exactly the same way we kill others.  maybe not in this flight but a few flights ago.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 10:16:13 PM »
I expect to die the same way I kill.  i expect the other player to do exactly what I do.  there's not a single time I've died that i havent killed anybody the same way.
semp

Very true  statement SEMP.
This is a game some players take very seriosly. Let freedom of choose planes and how to play the game be in our blood. Fight with your best hability using the best of your plane, kill enemies with your best, and die with the lesson learned actitud...
Hope my humble opinion don't generate more controverse but friendship....

ZE

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2021, 12:29:55 AM »
Sportsmanship, I'm sure it has differing meanings for each of us. I can not recall any situation in the last several years, that I was involved in, where someone was acting "Unsportsmanlike". Yes we have the "pickers", the "BnZ'ers", the Brewster's catching 262's, Spit 14's climbing at 7k a minute. Then you have the Bombers at 40K, killing fighters at 2k out, or the P47M that kills 12 bombers in one sortie, the Ki43 bombing 5 gv's before re-arming. If that is not enough, you have the T34/85 killing every gv with in 3k, Tiger II's sitting on concrete to prevent loosing perk points.

This game is Fun!!!! even with all the inexpiable results in our combat sorties. I dare say, not a day goes by that some action I take, doesn't leave me scratching my head wondering what went wrong, or what did I do wrong, or in those rare occasions wondering how I got away with that.

We are blessed with some of the nicest people I have had the privilege to play with in this game. With that said, Yes I get fired up on occasion, upset because someone didn't do what I thought they should do. Then I cool down and remember they are spending their $15.00 month the way they want to. I remind myself daily, that in this combat game, my efforts will be opposed by the players in the other countries, as I will oppose their efforts. That is the nature of the game.  :x
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2021, 03:56:31 AM »
It is all about expectation over reality.

Reality is "if its red, its dead" and that's what most players mentality is at and so it should be. We are here to shoot things down.
Expectation for some is that we engage at the same alt, nobody HOs and the rest just leaves us alone. Although fun and achievable, that will only account for a small percentage of engagements. Very VERY few players will not intervene in other fights and let them duke it out (* I still remember Elvis letting me duke it out with Mark4 and he never once took a dive in our fight which was awesome) . I always try to extend the courtesy if I see a 1 vs 1 and ask the friendly if they need help and most of the time, they say yes.

I learned that "setting the tone" and taking the time to try to assess a situation. If you see dar coming from another sector, most likely you are going to a situation of those 20k pickers. Take the time to get the same altitude to combat them.
I also accept the fact that if I get into a fight with some red guys and I get below a certain altitude where I loose advantage, most likely I will be in the tower. I am learning each day to have patience not to put myself in that situation to stay in the fight longer.

All in all, if you have the attitude to accept the fact the worst in players ALL of the time, You will appreciate the great guys much more SOME of the time.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2021, 06:37:45 AM »
As much as its a pita in the other sims - engine overheating reduces the runners

As we only have one arena now with the slowest to the fastest planes enabled at once as you can't control the players from running away you have to limit their planes in a more realistic manner.

I am all for maps with limited plane sets which would change a maps experience making them more engaging and enjoyable IMO

It would be different to wonder what setup I am logging into than it is now.

And the game also needs more players to put their egos and scores aside and be auto assigned to try to balance sides

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2021, 09:52:59 AM »
I when they show up I usually switch from a turny plane to a d9 and focus on chasing them down.

I also mentioned forming a squad to hunt such annoyances, however there was no interest...

Maybe ZE could do some brewster training? NM that's a bad idea. Having one brewster driver like him is enough!  :bolt:

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2021, 10:04:56 AM »
I when they show up I usually switch from a turny plane to a d9 and focus on chasing them down.

I also mentioned forming a squad to hunt such annoyances, however there was no interest...

Maybe ZE could do some brewster training? NM that's a bad idea. Having one brewster driver like him is enough!  :bolt:

That's what I usually do too.  Hunt the alt monkey runners and pickers.  When they don't have enough advantages they still run, but at least you have a chance of catching them.

Then there are those that say that's becoming part of the problem because you're now a guy that's in a fast plane.   :rolleyes:

No matter what you do someone's going to be saying you're not playing the game right.  That's why they're all pretty much equally worthless comments.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2021, 10:35:09 AM »
True. It also can be frustrating when you get to 20k in a d9 and 4 ponies show up at 25k lol

One positive thing is (if you see them coming) it' tough for them to make an accurate shot at 600mph

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2021, 10:50:25 AM »

sportsmanship is being cool with each other.  we do make fun of each other but in a cool way and be gracious to accept the way we got killed is exactly the same way we kill others.  maybe not in this flight but a few flights ago.

semp
This Sempism is quotable.  Too true. Well said buddy. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2021, 10:59:15 AM »
True. It also can be frustrating when you get to 20k in a d9 and 4 ponies show up at 25k lol

One positive thing is (if you see them coming) it' tough for them to make an accurate shot at 600mph

Some nights the alt monkey game starts to feel like the cartoons where they take turns chasing each other with progressively bigger guns.  Starts out with some coming in at 10k.  Then those that die come back at 13.  Then 15.  Then 20.

All part of the rich tapestry that is the MA.

The other fix is fighting from the bottom, but the tricky part is if the alt monkeys are working together that's a tough row to hoe.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2021, 11:15:05 AM »
I am all for maps with alt limits

One of the best things about MNM is the 4k alt cap

Not saying every map but some set ups with say a 10k alt limit would change game play for the better IMO

With the number of players online these days anything to shrink the playing field is the way it should go

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2021, 11:21:11 AM »
I think 10k alt cap with 15k mountains is the way to go! :aok

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2021, 11:24:54 AM »
I think 10k alt cap with 15k mountains is the way to go! :aok

Have you seen what that looks like in the scenarios and FSOs though?  Bunch of people running around at 9999 feet never turning.  Not exactly sure that's an improvement of significance.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2021, 12:15:19 PM »
The guy that likes to start fights with 5k advantage complaining about people starting a fight with 5k on him :rofl
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho