Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 15614 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2022, 05:14:38 PM »
Not worried about Ukraine's borders till ours is secure.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2022, 06:22:30 PM »
Russia got their warm water port when they annexed Crimea.

The rest of your post brings to mind Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain's September 30, 1938 announcement that he had achieved "peace in our time". Just substitute Ukraine for the Sudetenland.

I have NO faith in diplomacy in this regard. As I stated, best case, "join NATO", to insure the deal and draw our own red line in the sand.
I actually don't see Ukraine as a sovereign country by summer, or shortly thereafter. As for Crimea, sure, but the road around to get there isn't exactly direct, and is that bridge a rail or a road bridge? I believe it's good for trucks only. So not so good for Putin or Russia.

Plus, back to my OP, if Ukraine could manage to join NATO, at some point they will want to take Crimea and the rest of the country back. Putin knows this and probably wouldn't trust NATO to honor the deal forever.

I would like to be right about the best case and wrong about the outcome I expect.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2022, 08:01:07 PM »

Exactly. Isn't it flipping amazing that we can send troops to Ukraine but God forbid we send troops to the US border to protect our country from an invasion?

Funny, between 2016 and 2021 Taiwan nore Ukraine were ever under direct threat. I wonder why that is? Oh and we had treaties signed in the middle east. Oh and we still had Afghanistan. Still trying to figure out conservatives are the problem when Ukraine and Taiwan are both one invasion away from conquer. Which we all know is more than likely going happen because their ain't a damn thing NATO gonna do about it. Infact they want it to happen. The UN and the Olympics don't even recognize Taiwan. What does that say? The UN is China's little beeyotch. When China and Russia invade Ukraine and Taiwan at the same time. The UN Nato aren't going to do watermelon because they have already been conquered by the soviets/NWO.

Oh. And how much more of our tax dollars do we need to send Ukraine in "AID" before they can handle themselves? I'd much rather tax dollars support US projects. we sure could use it, not wars for other countries.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 08:08:40 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2022, 08:25:51 PM »
Welp. There you are. The thread's gone totally batshirt political crazy and it wasn't CptTrips' doing, at all. What a ... thing.  :O

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2022, 08:49:32 PM »
It's a family fight.. Dates back 1000s of years.. We, the USA, have no place in it..
People have been bleeding and dying for that land since the Kievan Rus..
Kiev was the capital of the Rus, when Moscow was just a small collection of huts..

It's NOT our business, and we shouldn't allow NATO nations to drag us into it!
IMO, NATO itself, has become an outdated liability! Corrupt beyond belief!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 08:58:32 PM by OldNitro »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2022, 11:56:56 PM »

like in the movie sicario "if we can make 20 percent of the population to stop snoring this crap"

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2022, 06:36:30 AM »
Welp. There you are. The thread's gone totally batshirt political crazy and it wasn't CptTrips' doing, at all. What a ... thing.  :O

You were the first one to make a batshirt crazy political claim bud.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2022, 07:00:22 AM »
What's NATO really but the promise of the United States to bring its military might to the conflict..

Do you think any country would do anything about Ukraine or Taiwan if the US stays out of it?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2022, 08:32:52 AM »
You were the first one to make a batshirt crazy political claim bud.

Um, no ... bud. I gave an example of what one would be. You took an opportunity and ran all fired crazy with it. As usual.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2022, 09:54:53 AM »
What's NATO really but the promise of the United States to bring its military might to the conflict..

Do you think any country would do anything about Ukraine or Taiwan if the US stays out of it?

Eagler

Maybe study some World War 2 history to see if you want to stand by that statement.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2022, 09:59:02 AM »
Um, no ... bud. I gave an example of what one would be. You took an opportunity and ran all fired crazy with it. As usual.

What's crazy about it? The Olympics are being held in one of the most corrupt anti worker anti human rights countries on the planet, after a virus was negligently released on the world killing millions. Why is the UN allowing this? You really think the UN is going to stop Russia and China at the same time while building up their economies with oil trade, economic trade, and events like the Olympics. Puhlease. Atleast Putin seems wise to the NWO and it's agenda and I honestly don't blame him for not wanting his country to be subjugated by them.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2022, 10:26:24 AM »
What part of 'turning a thread into a political soapbox is frowned upon by management' confuses you? You've been around long enough to know better.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2022, 10:37:31 AM »
What part of 'turning a thread into a political soapbox is frowned upon by management' confuses you? You've been around long enough to know better.

Again, your first comment contradicts this statement.

I see nothing political in my comments. Just the truth about reality and what's going to happen.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2022, 10:53:18 AM »
You're still lost.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2022, 10:58:03 AM »
The topic at hand isn't the why or why not.
Or the should or should not.

The topic at hand is: when, how, where.

[Edit]  I guess also "if" is part of this topic, but honestly I'm not sure if that's still an open question at this point.  But maybe I'm wrong.  I put "if" at 70% probability at this point.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 12:05:27 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.