Author Topic: Deep Sea Pipeline Terrorism  (Read 5291 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Re: Deep Sea Pipeline Terrorism
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2022, 08:53:36 PM »
1 pipeline has never been used and the other was shut down a few months ago.

most likely was sabotage by the Russians, no point in the usa or nato to do it.

semp

If you wanted to be objective you could come up with some reasons for the US or a dozen other countries to do it just like the Russians. 

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2022, 09:13:22 PM »
1 pipeline has never been used and the other was shut down a few months ago.

most likely was sabotage by the Russians, no point in the usa or nato to do it.

semp

What evidence did you use to arrive at this ‘likely’ scenario?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2022, 09:18:43 PM »

Suddenly you're into evidence?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2022, 09:38:15 PM »
If you wanted to be objective you could come up with some reasons for the US or a dozen other countries to do it just like the Russians.

No one has said that there were no other possible reasons anyone else might have wanted to blow those lines. 

I just haven't been convinced by any others I've heard.  A million reasons could exist out there, but they are not all of the exact same weight of probability.  Some are very plausible, some are improbable. 

So convince me.  Give me your best argument on why, at this particular time under the current circumstances, the US would risk a direct attack on the pipeline within NATO waters.  Cui bono?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2022, 10:09:42 PM »
As the self-designated "official" spokesperson for the US I can tell you there was no need for us to destroy the pipelines in question. "Fueling" Russia's economy with Euros would have benefited their war making effort marginally at best. No, we would not deny Eurovision a few bright lights.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2022, 10:26:52 PM »
As the self-designated "official" spokesperson for the US I can tell you there was no need for us to destroy the pipelines in question. "Fueling" Russia's economy with Euros would have benefited their war making effort marginally at best. No, we would not deny Eurovision a few bright lights.

I could imagine scenarios where we might consider something like that.  Like if Germany refused to join the sanctions or something.  They have all been dragging their feet, but they have been making some sacrifices already. 

It easy for us to be hyper-critical, but its a hard call to agree to the amount of social and economic pain Germany might have to go through this winter.  The US is energy independent now.  We'll be warm this winter.  A lot of  -unemployed-  Germans  are going to be cold.  Yeah, they made some bad choices that got them there, but here is where we are at. 

Currently it appears all NATO (except for Hungry) is on board with sanction and willing to take some pain as the price.  It's going to be a hard winter.

If anything we would want the pipelines in place.  Those were a tantalizing bait for the Russian oligarchs.  If they would just "remove" this crazy guy we can get back to normal.  Gas comes on, you make money.  Everybody happy!"

Destroying the pipelines would waste a great piece of leverage to tempt Putin's ruling elites.  Most of them just want to go back making and enjoying their money.

Why would we blow up useful leverage? 

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2022, 11:25:07 PM »

why do we need to blow up 2 pipelines that aren't being used.

we have nothing to gain, Russia does.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2022, 01:48:08 AM »
why do we need to blow up 2 pipelines that aren't being used.

we have nothing to gain, Russia does.

semp

We being the US or everyone that isn’t Russia? 

What does Russia have to gain?  :noid
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2022, 07:03:00 AM »
Motivation?

What else?

Greed!

https://youtu.be/QJovApvFk2M

https://youtu.be/v46bNSXeKHY

See that video at 5:50..

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2022, 07:18:54 AM »
I think it might be the Canadians,they want to sell Germany a bunch of hydrogen so it sounds like a plausible thing to do. Besides their super secret kayaks have been in dry dock for far too long.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2022, 08:12:38 AM »
Potential culprit A, the USA. The potus threatened to do this very thing he also tends to talk out of his arse and had the mental facilities of a 5yo.
 1. What does the USA have to gain from the incident?
 2. What are the potential consequences of getting caught?
Potential culprit B, Russia. It’s “president” or what ever title he has, has conducted a disastrous war and who seems to be potentially losing control back in Russia.
  1. What does the Russia have to gain from the incident?
  2. What are the potential consequences of getting caught?
 I lean towards Russia. Their position seems more dire and this reeks of desperation.
Honestly, I don’t rightly care, if some Euros are a bit cold this winter it’s on them for having asinine energy policies by catering to a bunch of green lunatics. As long as nukes don’t fly and this crap stays over their, by all bloody means then.

Chuikov

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2022, 08:24:14 AM »
Honestly, I don’t rightly care, if some Euros are a bit cold this winter it’s on them for having asinine energy policies by catering to a bunch of green lunatics. As long as nukes don’t fly and this crap stays over their, by all bloody means then.

A bunch of green lunitics some 12 miles from Fort Myers survived Ian with hardly any damage and NO loss of power.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2022, 08:52:43 AM »
12 miles in which direction?

Chuikov

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2022, 08:53:31 AM »
A bunch of green lunitics some 12 miles from Fort Myers survived Ian with hardly any damage and NO loss of power.

What power did they not lose?

Solar?

It was out b4 the hurricane as it was extremely overcast at least a week before Ian hit

Nice hijack lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2022, 09:05:20 AM »
What power did they not lose?

Solar?

It was out b4 the hurricane as it was extremely overcast at least a week before Ian hit

Nice hijack lol

Eagler

If I had to guess, they probably had solar+battery while being tied into the existing power infrastructure. From my work experience very few people have an alternate independent power source while not being looped into the existing grid. Also, if they were say, 12 miles southeast of fort Myers, these people would have not taken a hit from the eye wall, which means their max winds would have been no more then 80mph. This is the problem I have with this leaf and his ilk, they tend to cherry pick data that fits their respective narrative while casually disregarding and data/facts that may be “inconvenient”.

Chuikov