Author Topic: Just a circle of friends An Aces High 3 tale  (Read 4599 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: Just a circle of friends An Aces High 3 tale
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2022, 12:16:49 AM »
Yup, he's been doing that a lot lately. Unfortunately he was on knights and at the same field. We were actually having great and fun fight until range became clogged with his manbaby whining. Luckily we have squelch for that.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2022, 12:40:56 AM »
Ugh airjer no less  :x
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2022, 01:11:27 AM »
I got to say I never got credited for 70 kills :uhoh
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2022, 02:26:10 AM »
Is that now your idea to "keep it interesting"?

Maybe he's making a public protest to the knee-jerk getting 'kills' without any regard to method or work that a lot of players seem mesmerised with.  :old:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2022, 02:38:32 AM »
Maybe he's making a public protest to the knee-jerk getting 'kills' without any regard to method or work that a lot of players seem mesmerised with.  :old:

He should get booted for it. Yes, I'm serious.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2022, 03:43:30 AM »

I wouldnt go that far. Maybe a warning?

For some players this indeed ruins there fun and can be considered griefing.. It is not in the spirit of the game.

Edit:

"Flying a bomber like a fighter isnt what I think the game is about. Once your out of bombs you shouldnt be in the fight."
The Fugitive

What is this about in your footnote? This is deliberately provoking another player.. Stop it and stop playing the victim please.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 03:52:37 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2022, 04:47:01 AM »

Booted for doing what precisely? I wasn't there.  :headscratch:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2022, 07:35:07 AM »
Booted for doing what precisely? I wasn't there.  :headscratch:

Did you look at the screenshot?

He is spawning bomber sets at bases and bailing within a second, He is 'giving out' kills in the hundreds, literally. I made ONE pass over an enemy base we attacked and ended up with 22 'kills' in my 109F. You can't do anything about it. It's also not a singular event, he's doing this for days now, with over 1000 "deaths' in heavy bombers. The plane stats now show almost 100 kills of B-17s by Tiger 2s in this tour, which is in fact entirely just the 98 proxies Airjer got on MeTa in a single sortie.

Edit:
I'm going to ask HiTech if he is willing to at least remove these incidents from the plane stats, which are now quite messed up. In the past, that has (rarely) been done before by Skuzzy when people were farming each other for perks in the minor arenas.
But nevertheless, I had to stop tracking the plane stats of EW and MW, because abuse still made them useless. I’m facing a similar situation now in the MA for the first time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 07:43:54 AM by Lusche »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2022, 08:16:09 AM »
Did you look at the screenshot?

Briefly but it didn't look all that different from the olden days when I'd try to defend bases that the J0ker's Jokers were trying to take  :rofl

He is spawning bomber sets at bases and bailing within a second, He is 'giving out' kills in the hundreds, literally. I made ONE pass over an enemy base we attacked and ended up with 22 'kills' in my 109F.

Traditional to land those, accept the wtgs and imply that you're awesome.

Sorry he's messing up your stats. No one has to listen to me, and as per standard the usual troglodytes can fap themselves into a frenzy mocking me, but I'm telling you, the guy is having a breakdown. No one gets that affected by purely a computer game because at a given moment you have to turn it off and go to sleep - a moment of reflection. His real life is pressing onto AH - his normally safe place. He needs help.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2022, 08:40:28 AM »
Does anyone know him personally and can maybe help get him pointed in the right direction? He needs help now not later.

He seems value Dale’s opinion quite a lot. I’m not sure of their relationship but maybe he could help?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 09:44:19 AM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2022, 09:33:28 AM »
Does anyone know him personally and can maybe help get him pointed in the right direction? He needs help now not later.

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2022, 09:48:15 AM »
How I understand the situation since I was there for part of it (the final trigger) and aware of these cries of cheat this cheat that, often coming across as serious allegations as opposed to some lighthearted joshing (as some do):

Meta (finetime) has often been accused of using an aimbot due to his deadly gunnery (years of experience anyone, ffs, sheesh.)  The fact he runs dual accts is irrelevant - many do.   Ditto for the fact he'll fly his buffs into a furball - nothing novel there.

The continual accusations took their toll and Meta decided to go on a ch200 rant, trolling his accusers. 

There seems to be a group of snowflakes who rarely use ch200 and do not like others using it, so they mass reported Meta who got an 8-day chat ban, just like I have, twice so far and Vraicu as well.  Nothing any of us had said was vile or nasty, just taking up space on the underused ch200 (which is fluffluffluffluff'n OPT-IN)

I think this was Metas first time getting a week-long chat ban (hence my meme based on "the ballad of buster scruggs") and resulted in an escalated emotional response that he is still stuck in, which has exacerbated his real-life issues; also, what peanut1 did - provoking with real life issues that should not have been brought here (or in-game) should have gotten him a forum ban.

The ch200 chat bans are impactful, but they are being abused by a clique of snowflakes and this needs to be addressed as much as the fact of Meta giving away free kills.

Could Meta have called HT to lift the ban? Probably, but xmas vacation, let him enjoy his family time, right?

Too many fluffluffluffluff'n snowflakes have gotten away with their weaksauce group bullying behavior.  (If they think Meta or myself has a mental issue, then why the f are they deliberately provoking it? Disgusting losers.)

I'm telling you, the guy is having a breakdown. No one gets that affected by purely a computer game because at a given moment you have to turn it off and go to sleep - a moment of reflection. His real life is pressing onto AH - his normally safe place. He needs help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 10:38:26 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2022, 11:00:38 AM »
Should be in the log file timestamped on the ones that did the reporting. If they are found abusing the system, then it should be easy to give them a 30 day chat ban, Now if its a  biased mod doing it just to be a dick, then that mod should be immediately removed and blacklisted from being a mod permanently.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2022, 11:16:17 AM »
Well, that's the thing - it would require reaching out to Dale who probably has better things to do at this point.  Would you? 

And it was the auto-reporting algorithm: standard setting approx 7.5 days.  In-game mods tend to warn you then maybe ban you for 10 min to an hr or so, not multiple days.   Could the algorithm use review and possible adjustment?  Possibly, but refer to the above comment about time/effort.

Ch200 is opt-in, and the truly offensive comments, while perhaps reported here and there, do not meet that (organized) thresh-hold of triggering the auto-mute.  It's very much who is speaking, not what's being said that is getting an organized reporting. 

Vox populi, vox dei indeed...

"Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.

And those people should not be listened to who keep saying the voice of the people is the voice of God, since the riotousness of the crowd is always very close to madness."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Should be in the log file timestamped on the ones that did the reporting. If they are found abusing the system, then it should be easy to give them a 30 day chat ban, Now if its a  biased mod doing it just to be a dick, then that mod should be immediately removed and blacklisted from being a mod permanently.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2022, 11:36:21 AM »
Traditional to land those, accept the wtgs and imply that you're awesome.

So once more I played AH the wrong way when I immediately ditched my plane to avoid exactly that  :uhoh