Author Topic: That last 1.5 years  (Read 9341 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Re: That last 1.5 years
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2023, 11:29:07 AM »
Family and health certainly are the top priority.  Hope recovery from surgery goes well and quickly.

:salute
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2023, 11:35:05 AM »
As always Dale, wish you and the kids the best of luck, Lord willing they will continue to be your joy in the years to come. We will continue to pray for your surgery, we have you on the prayer list at church. Just remember the Master has the Master plan, may His will be done.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2023, 11:39:50 AM »
 :pray :salute
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2023, 11:57:14 AM »
 I appreciate the update Hitech/Dale. It means alot to this community. I understand the complete nightmare and stress of family court. Went through a 5 year ordeal and her requesting a jury that was prolonged because of Covid. I ended up with full custody as well. One month after it all ended in February 2022 I had a mini stroke at 38 from all the stress. I was lucky and recovered to 100 percent. Those were the most stressful years of my life.

It is good to hear from you and I wish you and your family well.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2023, 12:00:03 PM »
 :salute Best of luck to you and thanks for the update. We are all pulling for you.

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Kini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2023, 12:12:40 PM »

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2023, 12:14:18 PM »

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2023, 12:44:12 PM »
 :salute Wish you the best!
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2023, 12:49:30 PM »
Good luck on your next journey! You got this!  :aok :salute
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2023, 01:09:50 PM »
I am sorry for your troubles.  Life has a way of slapping us in the face.  Some slaps come from the blindside.  It reminds us that some are evil. Fortunately they are a minority, I've been through the same regarding individuals and my health.

Today I am fine.  When and if I wake up if I sense a bad day coming my way I look to the heavens and say to God "ah!  It's the old screw Hajo Trick".  I hope he smiles!

It all gets better!  He smiles.

Good luck Dale.
- The Flying Circus -

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2023, 01:49:53 PM »
Good luck on your surgery.  My little boy had open heart at the age of 6 months old.  The technology these days is insane.

Hope things keep trending in the right direction for you.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2023, 02:19:58 PM »
 I'm very sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you and I am praying for your full recovery.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2023, 02:28:14 PM »
When it rains it pours

Glad to hear things are getting better. <S>

If there's anything I can do, let me know.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2023, 02:48:25 PM »
Goodness, Dale.  Best wishes, man.  :cheers: :salute
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2023, 02:49:30 PM »
The last 1 1/2 years my personal life has been difficult, hence slow development.

The cliff note version is.

Fall of 2021 I filed for a divorce do to my wife trying to alienate the kids from me.
She got primary custody at the temp order hearing. The alienation was so bad she was telling our 3 kids to be mean to me so I would give up. I can not describe how difficult it is to have your kids pretend to hate you.

April 2022 My mother passed.

Last August the custody evaluation was completed and recommended she have supervised visitation only. After which she requested a jury trial which delayed the divorce another 1 to 1.5 years.  In  October primary custody was given to me.  Things improved very rapidly since I was given primary possession of my kids. They now act like my children again.

Early march I found out I have an ascending aortic aneurysm. Showed up on cat scan Feb 2021 when I had a sever case of covid, but no one told me about it.
May 5 I will have open heart surgery where they replace the first 2 inches of my aorta.

The divorce put a lot of mental stress on me, and I could not focus on any game development since the beginning of the conflict in Augest 2021.

My apologizes for the lack of development, I hope to be back at it soon.

Dale

Damn Dale..... boy do I feel like an arse.  I have not been near as hard as many, but I have said some negative things about the game. I have been supporting this game since I signed up... unbroken, for many years now. I was actually considering closing my account. I have not been flying very much at all. After hearing your story, and completely understanding how these things can go through experience...... I am not going anywhere. I'll keep my account open even if I am not flying.

Hope the health side goes as good as the part about getting full custody of the kids. Get yourself lined out.... we'll be here.

Thanks for posting about your personal trials and tribulations. I know that must be difficult for you. It sure explains a lot though. Stay strong!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)