Author Topic: That last 1.5 years  (Read 9339 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
That last 1.5 years
« on: April 05, 2023, 09:56:32 AM »
The last 1 1/2 years my personal life has been difficult, hence slow development.

The cliff note version is.

Fall of 2021 I filed for a divorce do to my wife trying to alienate the kids from me.
She got primary custody at the temp order hearing. The alienation was so bad she was telling our 3 kids to be mean to me so I would give up. I can not describe how difficult it is to have your kids pretend to hate you.

April 2022 My mother passed.

Last August the custody evaluation was completed and recommended she have supervised visitation only. After which she requested a jury trial which delayed the divorce another 1 to 1.5 years.  In  October primary custody was given to me.  Things improved very rapidly since I was given primary possession of my kids. They now act like my children again.

Early march I found out I have an ascending aortic aneurysm. Showed up on cat scan Feb 2021 when I had a sever case of covid, but no one told me about it.
May 5 I will have open heart surgery where they replace the first 2 inches of my aorta.

The divorce put a lot of mental stress on me, and I could not focus on any game development since the beginning of the conflict in Augest 2021.

My apologizes for the lack of development, I hope to be back at it soon.

Dale

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: That last 1.5 years
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 10:03:12 AM »
 :salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 10:07:39 AM »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 10:11:53 AM »
 :pray      :salute
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 10:13:46 AM »
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2023, 10:17:14 AM »
Sorry to hear about your mom.  My Dad passed Aug of 21.  It can shake you sense of order in the world when you lose a parent.  That's support you've had your entire life.

And F*K marriage.  You're "lucky?" that things turned out well for you.  The guy almost always gets screwed today no matter how psycho the wife is.  Too bad you can't just buy kids on Amazon. ;)

Good luck with your surgery.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2023, 10:17:44 AM »
All the best Dale !

nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2023, 10:17:59 AM »
The last 1 1/2 years my personal life has been difficult, hence slow development.

The cliff note version is.

Fall of 2021 I filed for a divorce do to my wife trying to alienate the kids from me.
She got primary custody at the temp order hearing. The alienation was so bad she was telling our 3 kids to be mean to me so I would give up. I can not describe how difficult it is to have your kids pretend to hate you.

April 2022 My mother passed.

Last August the custody evaluation was completed and recommended she have supervised visitation only. After which she requested a jury trial which delayed the divorce another 1 to 1.5 years.  In  October primary custody was given to me.  Things improved very rapidly since I was given primary possession of my kids. They now act like my children again.

Early march I found out I have an ascending aortic aneurysm. Showed up on cat scan Feb 2021 when I had a sever case of covid, but no one told me about it.
May 5 I will have open heart surgery where they replace the first 2 inches of my aorta.

The divorce put a lot of mental stress on me, and I could not focus on any game development since the beginning of the conflict in Augest 2021.

My apologizes for the lack of development, I hope to be back at it soon.

Dale

Dale, I know how it is very well. Lost both parents, wife, son, brother, and had health issues too. Prolly due to over-stressed. Hence my escape in 09, certainly wasn't because of the game. Sometimes, we just need time. I kinda sensed there was something going on,... it's just not like you.

We all love ya brother. I'm back around if ya need/want any help in my skillset.

Whether life or game,... peaks and valleys. You can survive more then you think. You've been tested.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2023, 10:20:51 AM »
Any one of those situations would be a lot for one person to deal with, and you've had them all on top of one another.   Very sorry for your troubles, Dale. 

We are all pulling for you and I know many prayers are being and will be sent on your behalf during your surgery and recovery.   The game can wait; take care of yourself first.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2023, 10:25:24 AM »
If it's any consolation,.... doing things for the game was my therapy. Kept my mind off the negative. I'm sure there is a crowd of us more then willing to help ya. Thank you for the appearance,..a lot of exhales just happened.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2023, 10:26:11 AM »
 Best wishes! :salute

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2023, 10:26:30 AM »
Dang Dale that sounds rough

Best of luck with your operation

:salute  :pray

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2023, 10:50:05 AM »
 :salute  Dale, sorry life has been so rough on you. Also, sorry and disappointed some players have beat you up on the forum vs making a phone call and having a conversation. 

As you are experiencing, the bad times don’t last forever and it does get better. 

The heart surgery is definitely a life changing event but, it too will get better in time. 

All the very best to you and your kids!  :aok  They are an amazing priority in life. ❤️
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 12:33:12 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2023, 11:04:42 AM »
Thanks for the update, Wow! That is all insane to hear. So sorry about your Ex-wife, dad, and all of that. Very glad you were able to prove your case to get your kids back. That is extremely hard to do these days. So glad for you and your children.

Seriously wish you the best of health and sending my best wishes. I know some of us can be tough on the game development, but you never really know what someone is going through until they tell you. We are still extremely grateful you have kept the game on to allow us to play. This has been my favorite game of all time and I am still here today because of my love and passion for it. The new maps are so much appreciated btw.

All the best to you,

Violator
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline MDStampf93

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2023, 11:09:11 AM »
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC