Author Topic: Indy Convention 2003 - Lost photos found! :-)  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Indy Convention 2003 - Lost photos found! :-)
« on: August 07, 2023, 07:10:43 PM »
Back in 2003, I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the AH Convention at Indianapolis, but had mislaid the photos I took at the time.  I probably did post them in the forums but I think they were all deleted when there was a purge on attachments.  Then, over this last weekend we were doing some tidying and I came across some old CDs, one of which said it contained photos of the 2003 convention!  I was starting to doubt I had ever been so it came as a great relief to see all these photos.
I was Head CM in the CM team at the and I was told all others in my position in previous years had attended, and that I should do the same. 
I decided to fly into New York as it was far cheaper than going direct to Indianapolis, and I was very kindly offered a lift from there by Dux, so quite a few of my photos are of the journey there and back, including overnight stays each way.
I had never been so far away from home before and it was wonderful to meet everyone I had only met in-game before.  My former squad CO, Wax, my right-hand-man in the CM Team, Ghostdancer - and of course Hi-Tech!  - as well as many others.  Not forgetting the organiser and person who persuaded me to make the trip, Jordi, along with his lovely wife Terri.
It was a wonderful weekend that I will never forget.  🥰
Photos on Imgur - https://imgur.com/a/VAwSq8U
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Online Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Indy Convention 2003 - Lost photos found! :-)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 07:20:17 PM »
Very cool pics.

What was it like when you were all playing on those super cool pcs lol?

What was HiTech showing all of you?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 07:43:05 PM »
Thanks.  :)  It was great fun.... sorry I can't remember what Hi-Tech was showing us LOL!
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 08:13:15 PM »
Thank you for posting those Flossy!  It’s great to be able to put some faces to familiar names.  Glad you were able to make it over!

:salute

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 11:15:37 PM »
Awesome.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2023, 08:59:11 AM »
Thanks for posting the pics Flossy.  :aok

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2023, 09:00:30 AM »
Man, lots of nostalgia in those photos. I was too young to attend the early cons, and kick myself for not ever attending one or the Dayton get-togethers.

Thanks for posting, Flossy!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2023, 09:13:04 AM »
For whatever reason I didn’t know about the Indy one, or I would have been there. Sorry I missed everyone.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2023, 11:16:56 AM »
Thanks for sharing Flossy. You could have said 1988 convention and wouldn't have even noticed a difference :D
 Damn where did all these guys/gals go???
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2023, 11:27:12 AM »
Mute and I made the 2000 Con in Indy but missed the 2003 for some reason, nice pictures

"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2023, 06:05:46 PM »
If anyone is having trouble seeing all the photos (102 of them), there is an option to load more once you get so far down but the button can be missed as it is extremely small! Seems this only happens if you are not logged in to Imgur. I only found out when my husband (Zebedee in AH) messaged me from the pub to say he wasn't getting them all to show his friends there.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2023, 06:17:51 PM »
Thank you for posting those Flossy!  It’s great to be able to put some faces to familiar names.  Glad you were able to make it over!

You're welcome, oboe.  I am glad I got there OK too.  :)

Awesome.
Thanks.  :)

Thanks for posting the pics Flossy.  :aok

You're welcome SIK1  :)

Man, lots of nostalgia in those photos. I was too young to attend the early cons, and kick myself for not ever attending one or the Dayton get-togethers.

Thanks for posting, Flossy!
Sorry to hear you didn't get to the cons due to being so young!  You are welcome.  :)

For whatever reason I didn’t know about the Indy one, or I would have been there. Sorry I missed everyone.
So sorry to hear that Animl, would have been good to meet you after our brief events teamwork in AW.

Thanks for sharing Flossy. You could have said 1988 convention and wouldn't have even noticed a difference :D
 Damn where did all these guys/gals go???
Yeah, sad to think that some are no longer with us, though it was 20 years ago.  :)

Mute and I made the 2000 Con in Indy but missed the 2003 for some reason, nice pictures
Oh that's a shame.  I missed all the others apart from the following year, 2004.  Thanks.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2023, 06:40:37 PM »
Oh, man.  I have some pics (somewhere, maybe) from 2002 between D and FW.  That's where Mouse signed my first edition of Fighter Combat.  I still keep it in a place of honor.

Don't know what's more surprising; that I go that far back or that I remember so many of those names.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2023, 08:21:37 PM »

Yeah, sad to think that some are no longer with us, though it was 20 years ago.  :)

To think they were the very first pioneers of online computer air combat  :rock  :salute
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2023, 08:06:23 AM »
You're welcome, oboe.  I am glad I got there OK too.  :)
Thanks.  :)
You're welcome SIK1  :)
Sorry to hear you didn't get to the cons due to being so young!  You are welcome.  :)
So sorry to hear that Animl, would have been good to meet you after our brief events teamwork in AW.
Oh that's a shame.  I missed all the others apart from the following year, 2004.  Thanks.  :)

Hey, we went down with the ship together. We know the pain of losing s great game/sim. We have a little different POV.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP