Author Topic: The Price is Right Aces High In The Showcase Round  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
The Price is Right Aces High In The Showcase Round
« on: September 10, 2023, 11:38:05 AM »
How much would AH sell for?

Lots of talk always about the future and why doesn’t Dale just do this or that etc… As if we know the context of this man’s life to tell him how to live it.

Anyway if you were to make an offer what would it be? What number do you think he cannot refuse?

Not sure why my Doc Evil gif won’t load lol but I tried.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 11:40:39 AM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Price is Right Aces High In The Showcase Round
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 01:40:56 PM »
who's gonna coad the game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 02:01:22 PM »
Lol That’s up to the buyer I guess.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 02:04:00 PM »
This is Dales first baby. How much would you sell your first born for?

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 02:08:19 PM »
This is Dales first baby. How much would you sell your first born for?

I guess that depends on the day. I'm sure there were a few days when my dad would have traded me for a player to be named later... :devil
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2023, 03:32:10 PM »
Weird. I distinctly remember Dale saying a number in the low 7 figures when one of these threads came up a few years ago but search yields nothing.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2023, 03:48:19 PM »
Wasn’t their an Aces High contemporary that got sold and immediately floundered?
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2023, 04:14:40 PM »
For an on-going concern , with steady growth, one might consider paying 5 times annual revenue.

In it's current state, you'd be nuts to pay more that 3 times annual revenue.

I'll and guess 1000 subscriptions?  No growth in subs.  Slowly evaporating clientele.

The problem is what you have is called an elevator asset.  A large percent of the company value would go down the elevator and out the building when HT left.

So two year maintenance contract would have to be included at a reasonable salary.

Wrap it all up.  Some Kentucky windage....mmmmmmmmmm $800,000.

I only got 28 bucks on me, tho.

Now HT would not sell for that.  But Buyers and Sellers often have different perspectives on value.

So how do we judge?  Just what HT would take?  Or what a rational buyer might offer?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2023, 05:39:04 PM »
AcesHigh is priceless.  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2023, 06:17:46 PM »
For an on-going concern , with steady growth, one might consider paying 5 times annual revenue.

I'll and guess 1000 subscriptions?  No growth in subs.  Slowly evaporating clientele.

The problem is what you have is called an elevator asset.  A large percent of the company value would go down the elevator and out the building when HT left.

So two year maintenance contract would have to be included at a reasonable salary.

Now HT would not sell for that.  But Buyers and Sellers often have different perspectives on value.

So how do we judge?  Just what HT would take?  Or what a rational buyer might offer?

I did some of the similar math you did and I was coming around there maybe closer to 6 than 8. Your last two questions are the key, without knowing what’s in the man’s head we may never know.

In another thread about active players this spring Lusche figured it at around 800 subs. Dale must be loving this thread lol.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2023, 06:35:17 PM »
In another thread about active players this spring Lusche figured it at around 800 subs. Dale must be loving this thread lol.

To be clear, I can just count pilots, not subscriptions   :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2023, 07:33:15 PM »
Dale must be loving this thread lol.

Well, we're just talking out our arse. 

Bottom line is, AH could never be worth as much to someone else as it is to him. 

I guess that's the way it should be.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2023, 07:38:03 PM »

To be clear, I can just count pilots, not subscriptions   :old:

I’m sure it’s not a big difference. I’m sure they are some they not know or whatever but you were probably closer than not.

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2023, 10:02:39 PM »
Wasn’t their an Aces High contemporary that got sold and immediately floundered?
Maybe you are thinking of Air Warrior, which was sold to Electronic Arts and after they bought it, they shut it down. That is where many of us came from.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2023, 10:33:43 PM »

i think i once heard ah say if he sold ah he would walk away.  so no to the maintenance contract.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.