Author Topic: Active Players  (Read 8246 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: Active Players
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2023, 04:28:56 AM »
I'm not sure some realize there is no convincing us of anything else.

heh... that definitely goes without saying.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2023, 06:38:44 AM »
Depends on the person.  At the time I left AH, the MA was so deteriorated that I was only flying Monday Night Madness and FSO.  So about 3 hours a week.

I went to a popular sim and for that same $180 (granted all paid at once) I got the terrains and aircraft I was interested in.  My multiplayer time increased to 12 hours a week and has stayed that way for the past two years.  It reignited my passion for the hobby, had me pouring over YouTube videos, going to air museums, and got my brain matter working on learning new things.  Two years later I still have not exhausted all there is to offer from the aircraft/terrains I initially bought.

In addition, I now look forward to developer newsletters that come out EVERY week and feel the strain when there is not AT LEAST one program update in a month. 

Since that initial purchase I have bought other aircraft and terrains, but the cost has been about $120 compared to the $180 I would have spent on a second year of AH.  So for me it has been monetarily cheaper than AH and a HUGE bargain in entertainment.  Again everyone is different.

Let me know what you think of it in 20 years. I have been here over 20 years. I don't fly as much as I have other things keeping me busy.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2023, 06:43:18 AM »
Pretty much sums it up. Its a cockpit sim.

I think it's beyond comical, that some try to make 15$ a mo sound like some massive cost.
I can get a McDs hamburger meal for 15$, and it's gone in 10 minutes. This whole 15$ is this huge expense is used lemon car salesman nonsense.
 DCS is a true money pit. The comparison is a joke, and insult to intelligence. Denial is a hellava a drug.

Just because you like one game and don't like another doesn't mean it's a joke. DCS is fun, Aces High is fun, IL2 is fun. The prices for DCS planes are steep, but if you've played AH for a long time you've spent the same anyway.

i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2023, 10:00:31 AM »
Which community is that?

Why don't you find out?

Google it
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2023, 10:38:16 AM »
Pretty much sums it up. Its a cockpit sim.

I think it's beyond comical, that some try to make 15$ a mo sound like some massive cost.
I can get a McDs hamburger meal for 15$, and it's gone in 10 minutes. This whole 15$ is this huge expense is used lemon car salesman nonsense.
 DCS is a true money pit. The comparison is a joke, and insult to intelligence. Denial is a hellava a drug.

+1 +1  :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2023, 11:53:56 AM »
Just because you like one game and don't like another doesn't mean it's a joke. DCS is fun, Aces High is fun, IL2 is fun. The prices for DCS planes are steep, but if you've played AH for a long time you've spent the same anyway.

I get everyone’s POV. If I never flew full AC set in AW or AH MP arenas I may agree more with those players. However, I’m getting a lot more for my money with AH. The price of the other sims plane only gets me a new plane. These other sims have more modern graphics. But read anywhere on forums and they can never say its more fun than AH style. I’m simply not alone in my opinion.

We also don’t bomb every negative thread with AH, by players who claim to love it, yet haven’t played in yrs and have nothing positive to say about it while we try to bring our numbers up. They hate me because my efforts work against their dream of mass migration. There is no other reason. They are a very systematic group hoping AH falls. Therefore I/we will point out the major differences. It comes down to full plane set, MP arenas, we don’t care for AI and prices. Their FMs are questionable.

Its one thing to just talk about other sims. But this group is constant trying to down play AH, up play the other sim in hopes of our demise for migration to their sim, without coming iff as doing just that, without being banned for doing so on AH bbs. We see what they are doing and simply fighting back. If we did the same on DCS bbs we’d be banned. We don’t want our fav game to die to lower our standards to appease their fav sim that lacks and more costly.

These other sims have reached their peaks and now losing numbers, for all the same reasons we state. IL-2 is losing programming talent, their days are becoming limited. On DCS forums, the same person selling it here are complaining about pricing of modules, same thing we say. WT players do not like the direction that game is taking, the same reasons we state. The only real complaint about AH is modern graphics, but these graphics are really not that bad at all.  Why abandon this for sims with major issues? They can’t have large MP arenas because of their high-end graphics and massive data flow. They just can’t have both without everyone spending big money for monster machines.even that would be questionable. We don’t want to abandon our style of playing for just a few better things.

Some if us have been around long enough to be able to predict their future. We’ve seen these types of sims come and go, while we remain. AH could live forever, with some tweaking and a little TLC. Its the longest lasting sim for a reason.Those who never played our style would love it. Remember, we lost mass numbers before the great AH3 update, not before. Its my very reason to make vids to expose AH3 graphics, its not that far from other sims. If it were still AH2 we’d be over already. I’ll bet we have more return players than other sims. Every post I see refers to the best fun they ever had in a sim. I would not waste my efforts if I didn’t read them myself. Once one has played our way, nothing else matches it.most who sell those sims here won’t even go anywhere near that subject, intensionally erroneously making price the issue, when its not. MP is the major difference they can’t get. Dishonest brokers trying to kill our way.

Their sim is like buying a muscle car body with a 150 hp engine. There is no adrenaline flow. All noise no speed. We love our old skewl true muscle car with our 8 pistons the size of garbage cans.

We are speaking with reality. AW/AH MP style arenas and scenarios and other events is where its at, hands down. You can play a full game, or half a game. Your choice, your money.

DCS is a sim, not a game. AH is a sim played as a game. IL-2 and WT are about to struggle. AH arena numbers are slowly coming up with return players. And they return because of memories of so much fun. My own very reason to return.

To each their own. But don’t trash our game because their numbers are dropping. AH numbers rocketed because owners of AW train wrecked and sold us out the same time HT left WB to build this same concept. AW was the king, now AH is the longest lasting king. We hope to keep it that way. What ever help HT wants or needs we are willing to give him with our decades of experience in doing so.

:)

« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 11:57:20 AM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2023, 01:09:39 PM »
I also get tired of all the Doomsayers, however they are entitles to their opinions. It just seems to me that they are being somewhat dishonest, or a lack of common courtesy, to come into "Dale's House" and start bad mouthing it and trying to drag players away.  :rolleyes:

There, let the trolls respond........ :devil
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2023, 03:38:43 PM »
Depends on the person.  At the time I left AH, the MA was so deteriorated that I was only flying Monday Night Madness and FSO.  So about 3 hours a week.

I went to a popular sim and for that same $180 (granted all paid at once) I got the terrains and aircraft I was interested in.  My multiplayer time increased to 12 hours a week and has stayed that way for the past two years.  It reignited my passion for the hobby, had me pouring over YouTube videos, going to air museums, and got my brain matter working on learning new things.  Two years later I still have not exhausted all there is to offer from the aircraft/terrains I initially bought.

In addition, I now look forward to developer newsletters that come out EVERY week and feel the strain when there is not AT LEAST one program update in a month. 

Since that initial purchase I have bought other aircraft and terrains, but the cost has been about $120 compared to the $180 I would have spent on a second year of AH.  So for me it has been monetarily cheaper than AH and a HUGE bargain in entertainment.  Again everyone is different.

i spend 700 bucks in one year of wot. am I sorry? no.  am I sorry i play ah for a fraction of the price. no.

bye, i never understand the concept of instant action of wot.  there is no instant action. well unless you rush in and get killed within the first minute or two.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2023, 05:33:57 PM »
I also get tired of all the Doomsayers, however they are entitles to their opinions. It just seems to me that they are being somewhat dishonest, or a lack of common courtesy, to come into "Dale's House" and start bad mouthing it and trying to drag players away.  :rolleyes:

There, let the trolls respond........ :devil
:aok
Agreed.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2023, 05:59:34 PM »
I truly enjoy my evening hour of AH daily  :airplane:

I think I am in the majority stating that on this board  :aok

Thanks HT for more than 2 decades of ww2 a2a fun and excellent entertainment

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2023, 07:22:10 PM »
I also get tired of all the Doomsayers, however they are entitles to their opinions. It just seems to me that they are being somewhat dishonest, or a lack of common courtesy, to come into "Dale's House" and start bad mouthing it and trying to drag players away.

I think there's only one, maybe two, who are really trying to pull people away from AH.  I suspect the rest of the doomsayers miss the camaraderie that the AH populations has always shared, want to keep contact with their old friends, and birch about the game to cover the fact that they no longer want to pay for it. I understand that, and I'm glad they stay in touch.

But the birching is still very rude.

- oldman

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2023, 08:47:13 PM »
I truly enjoy my evening hour of AH daily  :airplane:

I think I am in the majority stating that on this board  :aok

Thanks HT for more than 2 decades of ww2 a2a fun and excellent entertainment

:cheers:

Eagler

Could you perhaps please stop doing your hour during my designated hour? :joystick:  :salute

I only play between the hours 8P-12A EST, and sometimes it’s all of that time or little to never. I limit myself on purpose because I know the consequences of myself. I can very easily envision sitting down to play a quick flight at 8AM and then the next thing you know everyone is asking you what’s for dinner dad? Wait what time is it? I work form home half the week and I like my salary lol.

It’s also probably why I don’t have as much of a complaint as others. My play is at peak hours and the off hour gripes are less present. Some of you probably play this game too much and for others that’s ok. As said in soooo many other threads, find the balance that suits you. AH suits me for now.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:52:19 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2023, 03:32:01 PM »
I might come back. Last time I drifted by my comp was not up to the task.

Now if I had an invite back into the SAPP...that would be a completely different story.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2023, 06:40:04 PM »
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠶⢤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⢀⣀⡀⠀⢀⣠⣤⣴⣶⣶⡦⠤⢤⣤⣀⣀⣼⠀⠀⡽⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠈⠫⣯⠙⡟⢿⣿⣿⡿⠁⠀⢠⣾⣿⣿⣿⡿⠀⠀⢹⠘⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣼⣿⣷⣧⡀⢱⠈⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⠀⢸⠀⢳⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢀⣀⣠⣿⣿⣿⠿⢿⣷⣤⡀⠈⠀⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⠉⠉⠀⡇⣾⣿⣦⣀⣿⡄⠀⠀⢰⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢸⣿⣿⣿⠿⢯⣷⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⡄⢻⣿⣯⣻⣿⡧⠄⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠘⣿⠟⠁⠀⠚⢻⣦⣱⣄⠀⠀⢣⠈⠛⣽⣿⠿⠭⠀⣠⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⡤⠶⠶⠶⠶⢤⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⠀⠀⠈⠂⠀⠀⢀⣄⣠⣴⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠶⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠳⢦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⠋⠄⢠⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡴⠃⠀⣠⣤⣶⣶⣾⣶⣶⣦⣄⠀⠀⠀⠹⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠲⠴⠯⠤⠤⢶⢾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠏⠷⣄⢀⣀⣀⣀⡀⣼⣠⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡀⠀⠀⠸⣧⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠏⠈⠉⣡⣾⣿⠏⠀⢰⣿⠉⣩⠀⠉⢙⣿⡿⠛⠉⠉⠙⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⢻⣇⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡟⠀⠀⣿⣿⡿⠋⠀⢀⣾⡿⠀⣉⣀⣇⠘⠋⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⢸⣿⡆⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠃⠀⠀⠘⢯⡀⠀⢀⣾⣿⠇⣴⠨⣿⣿⡯⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢸⣿⣷⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⡆⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⢦⣾⣿⠏⠀⠈⢈⣝⡟⠁⣶⣾⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⡀⢄⣀⡀⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠰⣄⠀⠁⠀⠀⢀⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⣸⣿⣿⡇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢷⡀⢹⠁⠀⢠⠶⠤⠤⢴⡾⢦⡀⠀⠀⣼⠦⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣷⠇⠀⠀⢸⡄⠀⠀⠀⠙⢆⠙⢦⡀⠀⠀⠙⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢰⣿⡿⠋⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡟⠀⠀⠀⡟⢻⡀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢳⡀⢳⡀⠀⠀⠈⢧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠁⠀⢀⣼⠟⠁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢷⠀⢳⠀⠀⠀⠈⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⡏⢀⣴⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠇⠀⠸⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⢸⡇⠀⠀⠀⠘⣧⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⡷⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⠀⠀⠀⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡆⠀⠀⣿⠿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠎⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠇⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⣏⣀⣸⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣷⠀⠈⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⠤⣤⣤⣤⡤⠴⠛⠛⠛⠛⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⢿⣄⣀⣠⣤⡤⠶⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀that is all
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2023, 11:36:48 PM »

I think there's only one, maybe two, who are really trying to pull people away from AH.  I suspect the rest of the doomsayers miss the camaraderie that the AH populations has always shared, want to keep contact with their old friends, and birch about the game to cover the fact that they no longer want to pay for it. I understand that, and I'm glad they stay in touch.

But the birching is still very rude.

- oldman

Very well said OldMan I still follow the forums thought about coming back and so forth but I enjoy the other games I have been playing. But I can say nothing like AH

Mols
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-