Author Topic: Boring gameplay  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Boring gameplay
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2024, 09:04:01 AM »
I bet the perk bonus is wild  :x
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2024, 11:31:05 AM »
I would have to say a this point in the game's life span it is as much a chat room as it is a flight sim, seems to me a lot of guys just like to log in and hang out with their squads or fellow chess pieces, maybe shoot some things or not, this attitude would preclude any side switching where you may have to talk to work with with people you do not know as well.

Just my armchair analysis for whatever it is worth.

<S>
This is truth.  :aok  The first few years was all about the game.  The other 15 plus years has become all about the squad and my friends.  It stays that way even today!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2024, 02:30:30 PM »
Im still alive

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2024, 01:59:57 AM »
These players bring very little to the gaming experience table.   

Pretty sure that's not their focus. They bring a lot to their gaming experience is the point. Expecting ethical behaviour on their part to improve gameplay for all is utter folly. You're asking them to give away their safety and ego-feeding 'success'. To solve this sort of thing you'd need a mechanism such as when numbers get so out of balance like this, available equipment per sector should be limited.

This in itself is all very well assuming Dale is caoable and willing to manage the continuingly F-whittery of those exploiting player-number imbalance, or having the Cybro account flashing a CV as a distraction or abusing the mass-report hack and so on and so on. Evidence is not encouraging.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2024, 06:36:41 AM »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2024, 08:24:29 AM »
I love how you provide depth to the concept of weaksauce.  :evil: 

The thing is, it comes down to exactly that - players needing to make changes themselves.  Why go thru the effort of changing designs that have kind of worked when it's only a handful of people behind the issue for a few hours in the morning? 

Yet, the morning play sets the tone for the day.

Pretty sure that's not their focus. They bring a lot to their gaming experience is the point. Expecting ethical behaviour on their part to improve gameplay for all is utter folly. You're asking them to give away their safety and ego-feeding 'success'. To solve this sort of thing you'd need a mechanism such as when numbers get so out of balance like this, available equipment per sector should be limited.

This in itself is all very well assuming Dale is caoable and willing to manage the continuingly F-whittery of those exploiting player-number imbalance, or having the Cybro account flashing a CV as a distraction or abusing the mass-report hack and so on and so on. Evidence is not encouraging.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2024, 08:51:13 AM »
I love how you provide depth to the concept of weaksauce.  :evil: 

Yes because the Bish horde period was my main available playing time on CET. Believe it or not a couple of K4s with some alt above their attack is like two drops of detergent on oily-water, they just leave and attack another base like burglers target un-alarmed, unoccupied houses in a neighbourhood. Fair combat is the last thing they want.

The thing is, it comes down to exactly that - players needing to make changes themselves.  Why go thru the effort of changing designs that have kind of worked when it's only a handful of people behind the issue for a few hours in the morning? 

They don't feel any need to change because they're having things exactly their way. I've killed J0ker and his wingman coming off a carrier parked right next to their target base. His response was: "You done made a bad mistake" or words to that effect. Then spent the next twenty minutes looking for me at altitude to "set things aright". You can extrapolate enough of the mentality just from that one interaction.
Mongs Shane, mongs.  :banana:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2024, 01:24:15 PM »
Going to a 2 side teams would be a disaster and make things really boring. Hordlings have not found the proper fool-proof formula to win maps on a consistent basis due to the fact that they have to watch both fronts. They get close and once the other team starts to rally, they poop the bed.

I am amazed on how many players decide to be on one side especially during the morning times. What amazes me even more is those actively on knight are off to the other side of the map or on some long bombing mission to strats on the smaller number side.

Although not fun playing at over whelming odds and yes it is like fighting locust infestation. Forget the map and start killing or at least thwart their advances. I have tons of fun taking a cheap 262 and if anything, buzz by them and watch them scatter :devil   

Fighting a horde takes a horde and there is no other solution.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2024, 07:32:22 AM »
Wheee... yay! much fun to be found!   7:30am CST 1/26/24

Admittedly early morning, but let's check in again in say 2-3 hrs.

EDIT: couldn't wait for 2 hrs.... 30 mins later...  guess those bish really want a62.  Good thing auto side switching is somehow helpful, amirite? One bish is flashing a rook base, so there's that... I guess.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 08:32:11 AM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2024, 08:53:09 AM »
Wheee... yay! much fun to be found!   7:30am CST 1/26/24

Admittedly early morning, but let's check in again in say 2-3 hrs.

EDIT: couldn't wait for 2 hrs.... 30 mins later...  guess those bish really want a62.  Good thing auto side switching is somehow helpful, amirite? One bish is flashing a rook base, so there's that... I guess.

And you start a fight with the rooks on a completely dead front vs staving off the horde. Some times the mirror provides more of an answer than the web.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2024, 09:24:39 AM »
If Rooks didn't own a Knit base, you may have a point, discordboi.   

And I've told you repeatedly that I do not validate such weak game play by giving them free kills, unlike you.

I've also told you that if the bish swarm doesn't roll the map by lunch when numbers increase on knits/rooks, the swarm collapses for the afternoon/evening.  And it did, didn't it?  It got deferred til this morning, didn't it? (according to the new map reset 3 hrs ago.)

Is that why you're here on my ankle? Gave away too many free kills in the loss this morning? Seems your whine is pretty irrelevant, as is your play style.

You can kindly step off my ankle and continue to coordinate your .rpt abuse.

And you start a fight with the rooks on a completely dead front vs staving off the horde. Some times the mirror provides more of an answer than the web.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 09:31:56 AM by Shane »

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2024, 10:24:43 AM »
If Rooks didn't own a Knit base, you may have a point, discordboi.   

And I've told you repeatedly that I do not validate such weak game play by giving them free kills, unlike you.

I've also told you that if the bish swarm doesn't roll the map by lunch when numbers increase on knits/rooks, the swarm collapses for the afternoon/evening.  And it did, didn't it?  It got deferred til this morning, didn't it? (according to the new map reset 3 hrs ago.)

Is that why you're here on my ankle? Gave away too many free kills in the loss this morning? Seems your whine is pretty irrelevant, as is your play style.

You can kindly step off my ankle and continue to coordinate your .rpt abuse.

Two whines in a single post. You add to the morning problem sitting in the tower and or stirring a fight up on a dead front.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2024, 11:34:27 AM »
All you're doing is perpetuating the problem by giving them validation.

I think action across all three sides is better than the all-in on one side weaksauce.  Go look at the original post in this thread.

Two whines in a single post. You add to the morning problem sitting in the tower and or stirring a fight up on a dead front.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 11:37:51 AM by Shane »

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2024, 03:54:08 PM »
I just came from MA, spent there 2 hours. Numbers were up and surprisingly not one single fight between rooks and bishops. Of course, it was again just a coincidence and has nothing to do with anything. As every day.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2024, 04:41:26 PM »
I just came from MA, spent there 2 hours. Numbers were up and surprisingly not one single fight between rooks and bishops. Of course, it was again just a coincidence and has nothing to do with anything. As every day.

Last night prime time CST, the entire fight was between Rooks and Bishops.  As I Knight I couldn't find a fight on either of our fronts.  I attacked a couple of bases by myself and then joined the unopposed base-taking effort against the Bishops; we captured 4 or 5 bases without opposition and reset the map.

Its odd because numbers are high enough to support a small two-front war.