Author Topic: Main Arena Trending Down?  (Read 5524 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Main Arena Trending Down?
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2024, 09:20:40 PM »
As others have already noted, the seasonal downswing was to be expected and, as far as I can see, is not really much different from the years before. What's ridiculous is the thought that two or three guys just naming a different game on the forums (which most AH players hardly ever look at) has caused all that player loss. As if the downward trend doesn't go on since 2009. If anything, all that pilot drama here and on CH200 has probably a bigger impact, though it's certainly not "that one factor" that 'ruined' AH.

Now something I found interesting. Last week I was tracking arena numbers for the MA (which I had not done in a loong time):

(Image removed from quote.)

Note that this is my local time zone, central european summer time, 19:00 to 24:00 would kinda be my prime time, though I used to play basically all over daytime as my schedule permitted. But I digress.

Now I felt like the increase during Euro primetime used to be much bigger, so I tried to find some old data for comparison:

(We still had LWB and LWO in 2010, graph shows both arenas combined)

And now both curves set to 100% at 13:00 hours for better comparison of relative growth:

Now, if this ain't just a singular oddity (which it doesn't seem to me), one would wonder why the Euro primetime boost of the past isn't there anymore. Did AH lose Euro players at a much bigger rate? Or does arena attendance generally shifts more towards concentration at US prime even among US players, as the numbers at non-peak times are percieved as "too low to have fun?"
At this point, I can just speculate...

Lets face some simple basic facts of life here. What they do DOES hurt our numbers. Both can be and ARE true. Its not rocket science, it’s common logic, NO ONE in marketing would deny. They keep doing it because it has results.

That said, towel thrown in. No fool in their right mind would waste ANY time out of their life fighting the owner for cooperation who allows this to continue. It’s insanity and would make ANYONE with marketing experience vomit on themselves. Its allowed and therefore its done and it DOES have an effect. Its biz suicide,… which makes me think. Numbers and revenue stream are not welcome.

This was 100% waste of my time. I can buy a happy meal. Phone off. Denial is a hellava drug.

I have one video to finish and not another finger will be lifted.
Can’t wait for the tweaks I won’t notice. No one screws me twice.

DONE

Mark it on a calendar, tattoo it on your forehead.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 10:35:06 PM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2024, 09:55:22 PM »
I thought the D25 was a mid war plane?
Not sure but the D-11 is. If the MA took place at 25,000+, Skyyr and all of the other pick/runners would fly jugs or they’d be perked.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2024, 09:58:34 PM »
Not sure but the D-11 is. If the MA took place at 25,000+, Skyyr and all of the other pick/runners would fly jugs or they’d be perked.

Nope, I'd fly a TA 152.

And you're welcome to go to the DA and see if I need to "pick" you lol
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2024, 10:22:19 PM »
Nope, I'd fly a TA 152.

And you're welcome to go to the DA and see if I need to "pick" you lol
There it is again. You keep challenging me to DA. A decade ago I would’ve accepted. But I’ve outgrown you and all the people like you. Maybe, in ten years, you’ll catch up. But seeing as how this game won’t last that long, you won’t catch up. Makes me almost feel sorry for you. Almost.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2024, 10:29:21 PM »
There it is again. You keep challenging me to DA. A decade ago I would’ve accepted. But I’ve outgrown you and all the people like you. Maybe, in ten years, you’ll catch up. But seeing as how this game won’t last that long, you won’t catch up. Makes me almost feel sorry for you. Almost.

I’m very grateful there are others like you LilMak  :pray, it allows him to branch out and have obsessions away from just me. It’s so creepy that I’m installing more cameras on property.  :uhoh

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,404990.30.html

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2024, 10:33:42 PM »
It’s probably against YouTube TOS to livestream harassment and stalking, I’d fathom it’s aggravated by the unawares of the stated individual being targeted. 🤔

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2024, 10:38:02 PM »

DA is boxing, if ya can’t street fight you’re just a poser.
2cents
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2024, 10:46:00 PM »
DA is boxing, if ya can’t street fight you’re just a poser.
2cents
…Or it’s Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul.
~Hub Zemke

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2024, 11:00:20 PM »
I’m very grateful there are others like you LilMak  :pray, it allows him to branch out and have obsessions away from just me. It’s so creepy that I’m installing more cameras on property.  :uhoh

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,404990.30.html
Neither you or I are his first or even second obsession. We’re way down that near the bottom of that list. He was obsessed years ago and got banned for it. Now it appears HT thinks $15 bucks (plus his shades) is worth more than integrity?
~Hub Zemke

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2024, 11:32:43 PM »
Neither you or I are his first or even second obsession. We’re way down that near the bottom of that list. He was obsessed years ago and got banned for it. Now it appears HT thinks $15 bucks (plus his shades) is worth more than integrity?

I can remember the Muppet obsession he had/has, but none are here anymore. And after one of his “viewers” confided in me the other night about how long he talks about me live-streaming (more than once) I’m not so sure. I hope you’re right. 😬

He made some bizarre claims today about my personal life…  :headscratch:

It’s strange that as he says, I “suck so bad” that he spends so much thought and energy on me. I’ve never claimed to be a good stik here in AH3, lol rather I’ve barely been out of GV’n 80% of the time for a year and then some.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2024, 04:53:56 AM »
In your short run with JG5 Rot, I thought you were a good stick. :old:
Certainly better than most, but you need to get out of that P51 dweebery and back in German Iron :p 

:salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2024, 08:28:39 AM »
And I knew it was you in the K4 because of your target fixation.

Bs, you passed other k4s and went directly to me

I don't care but but you don't have to lie about it..

Just like your dead eng trick..we all know you do it and why

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2024, 08:29:36 AM »
he used the dot command .f eagler which is to "find" the named pilot but all it tells him is which arena the pilot is in.

Thanks Fugitive

I have never seen it before

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2024, 09:44:30 AM »

Eagler

Soon as I get kill this guy is switching to the team I'm fighting and generally defending my field against so he can come in going 450 mph and engage only me no matter what I'm flying somehow until he gets picked overshooting. I notice he doesn't get a kill on anyone or lose any E on anyone until he engages me first. He don't go for anyone else and hes giving up all SA just to "get the kill" on me.Then I go to the other side to defend a field and he switches to come try to engage me over there. He claims it's for the fights, but the knights were being double teamed and he doesn't switch to my team to help of course, just trying to get easy defensive picks on me while I'm trying to defend against Jabo over my own field then wants to claim I'm "running" when he's flying the fastest plane in the game and engaging me with E advantage coming right towards me before anyone else over my own field. Crap is getting very old and I think hitech is kidding himself allowing this nonsense to destroy the integrity of the MA with clear targeting of players and abuse of side switch to target me and other players.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2024, 11:20:17 AM »

Eagler

"We all know."

Please, do share why it's done then. Even Hitech himself has said it does nothing.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."