Author Topic: The integrity of the game and players is lost  (Read 4366 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: The integrity of the game and players is lost
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2024, 02:07:14 PM »
I should have been specific, I agree with Krup regarding the "old feelings" part, as well as his observation that Skyyr isn't cheating.

A long time ago, in a Universe far away, Shade Wars!
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2024, 02:11:11 PM »
Growling Sidewinder?  Seriously dude, you do understand his vids are extremely-very-highly scripted?

Yeah and the 1v1 style this plane vs that plane fights aren't very good, neither him nor the people he picks to fight against can take full advantage of their planes. Kinda gives the viewers a false sense of what they are really capable of. There are quite a few good players out there in other sims and Growling Sidewinder/Requiem are not comparable. No offense to them of course, their content helps a lot of newer players learn too.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 02:26:47 PM by Krupinski »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2024, 02:12:34 PM »
I upped for my last sortie.. I got picked 45 seconds in and logged!.. Quit the CLOWN WORLD BS!

Clown world is men playing woman's sports. This is calling out you and your squad for shady and devious tactics. If you don't want to be labeled as a manipulator, maybe you shouldn't roll at the same field as me while your boy switches teams to target me.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2024, 02:35:58 PM »
Growling Sidewinder (fellow Canadian) knows a lot of catch phrases, and sets up his videos in order to make use of them.  It's a successful business model for Youtube views, not an air combat technical school for online games. 

He's competed in various DCS events under a different name in the past, and in the 1v1 dogfight events, has typically gotten smoked in the very early rounds.  There are LOTS of players in DCS who are far, far better than him.  They don't make 6 figures a year making daily videos though.  IMO his vids are harmless, and a good way to generate interest in the DCS world.  That's how they got me back into it - YT vids.

DCS is a large community/business, no doubt vastly more so than here - but they aren't too large to fail.  Despite that, even with their current internal squabbles, I don't think they're going anywhere.  Hopefully the same applies here. 

Violator - have you considered changing your name, even for a while?  Could be a simple solution, even it is only short term.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2024, 02:47:08 PM »
DCS is a large community/business, no doubt vastly more so than here - but they aren't too large to fail.  Despite that, even with their current internal squabbles, I don't think they're going anywhere.  Hopefully the same applies here. 

We're watching a re-run of the HAWK debacle.  I'm pretty sure this one will end bigly betterly.  RAZBAM has done well from DCS.  VEAO was looking for a way out and shafted their customers to do it.
$
Aces High is alive from all appearances, because Hitech wants it that way.  Why shut it down if it's still making even a trickle of $.  I wouldn't think he's operating at a loss and I don't think AH is going anywhere as long as he keeps himself healthy.  Even Warbirds is still a thing and I'm pretty sure the 6players-online thing is auto generated BS :rofl
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2024, 02:52:36 PM »
Scared? I had to get 13k in a 109G14 over my own field with TheJudge on my team when I saw Skyyr switch from my team to Rooks, so he could engage in a 152 and have his buddy Starpig pick me. You guys aren't good and it's pathetic when you have to resort to these tactics and then pretend you are good.

Yer skeered of Judge, too.    :rofl :ahand
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2024, 02:54:50 PM »
Yeah and the 1v1 style this plane vs that plane fights aren't very good, neither him nor the people he picks to fight against can take full advantage of their planes. Kinda gives the viewers a false sense of what they are really capable of. There are quite a few good players out there in other sims and Growling Sidewinder/Requiem are not comparable. No offense to them of course, their content helps a lot of newer players learn too.

My gf is always laughing at me when I watch GS vids.  "No no no, pull, don't roll!" and so on.

I could whip that guy.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2024, 03:05:39 PM »
Yer skeered of Judge, too.    :rofl :ahand

Is that why he had to jump in and pick me the other day when Skyyr tried to jump me again for the 10th time? Yawn.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2024, 03:07:30 PM »
Indeed DCS is not too big to fail. I've been concerned over the years that conflict between the US and Russia might make it unavailable one day. Even though it's registered in Switzerland the developers are mostly in Moscow. If for whatever reason they shut it down or blocked access I expect someone will hack it to make it still playable. Legal? Probably not but then neither is cutting off access to those who have paid.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2024, 03:10:28 PM »
Indeed DCS is not too big to fail. I've been concerned over the years that conflict between the US and Russia might make it unavailable one day. Even though it's registered in Switzerland the developers are mostly in Moscow. If for whatever reason they shut it down or blocked access I expect someone will hack it to make it still playable. Legal? Probably not but then neither is cutting off access to those who have paid.
There is always ARMA! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2024, 03:12:47 PM »
Reading all that Violator makes me want to fly with The Damned  :confused:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2024, 03:13:51 PM »
I really look forward to Combat Pilot, about time somebody makes a modern WW2 Pacific sim... just hope they can back up those graphics with some good physics.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2024, 03:21:21 PM »
There is always ARMA! :aok

Played, ARMA, Left4Dead, Fortnite, many others with three of my grandsons during sleepovers over the years. Great fun, when they weren't squabbling.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2024, 03:49:03 PM »
Understanding a 1 circle vs a 2 circle fight extends to all combat flight sims btw. Know your aircraft. Know your enemy's.

I really dislike the 3 and 4 circle fights....

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2024, 03:52:18 PM »
Growling Sidewinder?  Seriously dude, you do understand his vids are extremely-very-highly scripted?

Lies!

It's real! Just like WWF.