Author Topic: Circus coming to town!  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Circus coming to town!
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2024, 09:51:22 AM »
I am sure these folks are just lying too...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2024, 10:00:29 AM »
Nope, people are exhausted from chaotic and conspiracies, that tribe talk but don’t listen. Why waist time in life. Its a vexation. Its just done with intension to anger, why give em a mic.

Btw, as you prolly know, both the shooter and attempted shooter voted orange prior to this yr.

Russian collusion - the 4 years, 32-million-dollar conspiracy theory. 

As for the two nutjobs who attempted to shoot Trump.  You need to do a little more research. 

“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2024, 10:41:20 AM »
It was good to learn we have no US troops in any war zones.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2024, 11:49:54 AM »
Russian collusion - the 4 years, 32-million-dollar conspiracy theory. 

As for the two nutjobs who attempted to shoot Trump.  You need to do a little more research. 

You’re both running from the subject

Vance is on vid that admits he lied, in his own voice.
Both shooters had supported orange.
Both are facts.

Here’s an off subject thought. These conspiracies and reckless assumptions are not pulling anyone in, it pushes them away to the left or not at all. Because the truth is so easy to find.  Its not an intelligent attire. Opinions are not facts. Opinions are based on same facts. Facts must exist. If the facts are missing then the opinion is tainted. The point us skewed.

Out of convo

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2024, 12:03:58 PM »
The Kool-Aid is more ubiquitous than I thought.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 12:16:38 PM by AKIron »

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2024, 02:02:46 PM »
You’re both running from the subject

Both are facts.

Here’s an off subject thought. These conspiracies and reckless assumptions are not pulling anyone in, it pushes them away to the left or not at all. Because the truth is so easy to find.  Its not an intelligent attire. Opinions are not facts. Opinions are based on same facts. Facts must exist. If the facts are missing then the opinion is tainted. The point us skewed.

Out of convo

We can go deeper into this as soon as you acknowledge that Russian collusion was a hoax and that you believed it.   
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2024, 02:35:21 PM »
That's simple..the ones trying to kill innocent ppl with guns are the butbags...

Yes civil discourse is missing from both sides but what do you expect when you hear our "media" "reporting" on any of this...

Very sad state of the country imo

Eagler

When people can't tell the difference between regular folks and nutbags.. .. you can't fix that. They guy who shot at Trump thinks he is normal, his son thinks so too. Obviously some here think so.
We have spent far too long protecting stupid people from themselves. Time to remove the signs and let nature thin the herd.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2024, 02:59:37 PM »
Just announced to the world that the dollar is much weaker than they have been stating...what's one more lie???

Hello inflation!!!!

Corruption runs deep folks!

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2024, 03:42:27 PM »
whatever crap eminates from the media should not affect elected representatives from "civil discourse".

Long gone are the days of restrained political campaigns that don't use negative campaigning, smear tactics, etc.

All political campaigns on all sides use those techniques in the standard campaign toolkit.

Lamenting the loss of civil discourse in political campaigns is like lamenting the loss of any nostalgic thing from days gone by.

Time will tell if rhetoric that encourages a side's supporters to assassinate a political opponent joins the standard toolkit.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2024, 04:28:47 PM »
Gas prices are dropping rapidly the last couple of weeks. Wonder if that has anything to do with the fact July-Sept is used for COLA calculations?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2024, 04:49:59 PM »
Gas prices are dropping rapidly the last couple of weeks. Wonder if that has anything to do with the fact July-Sept is used for COLA calculations?

Nah just a cowinkydink...something I never paid attention to before retiring last October

More manipulation

Eagler

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2024, 04:51:49 PM »
Long gone are the days of restrained political campaigns that don't use negative campaigning, smear tactics, etc.

All political campaigns on all sides use those techniques in the standard campaign toolkit.

Lamenting the loss of civil discourse in political campaigns is like lamenting the loss of any nostalgic thing from days gone by.

Time will tell if rhetoric that encourages a side's supporters to assassinate a political opponent joins the standard toolkit.

I can't agree with this. If I did, my answer would be to start over with a new country.

I suggest it's time for the people to start selecting the people that represent them with more care. I know he's gone but how did George Santos ever get nominated, let alone elected? There is no shortage of these people in Government - they prove it daily with their mouth.

Someone a lot smarter than me said "those most capable of leading have no interest in doing the job". It's long overdue that these people be rooted out and asked to stand up.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #177 on: September 18, 2024, 04:53:40 PM »
I like you, Animl.  Not sure if you are the sort of person who is OK with political discussion with me, or will get angered if I disagree.  If you don't want it, let me know, and I won't do it.

There are some folks who are OK with political discussion with me and still be friends (like semp and, I hope, Busher).  Some aren't, which is OK.

The full quote is:

Bash: "He said Hatians are eating dogs and cats.   Can you affirmatively say now that that is a rumor that has no basis with evidence?"

Vance:  "Dana, the evidence is the first-hand account of my constituents who are telling me that this happened."

Rather clearly, there Vance is saying there is basis -- that his own constituents with first-hand knowledge are reporting to him that it is true.

Vance continuing:  "And by the way, I've been trying to talk about the problems in Springfield for months, and the American media ignored it.  There was a Congressional hearing just last week of angel moms who lost children because Kamala Harris let criminal migrants into this country who then murdered their children.  The American media totally ignored this stuff until Donald Trump and I started talking about cat memes.  If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that's what I'm going to do."

So here is where we get the one sentence clipped out:  "If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that's what I'm going to do."

If you don't look at any context, you conclude he just said he made it up and it's a lie.

However--

When you look at the context, we see that he just clearly said he didn't make it up people eating cats, and it has basis in actual reports.  We see that "create stories" refers to talking about cat memes (not whether or not people are eating cats, which, again, he already said he didn't make up) to push the media into covering the issues.

Media does this all the time.  Take a sentence out of important context and tell you what it says.  Yet when you look at the whole thing, you see that's not the whole truth.

Here's the relevant section of interview:
https://youtu.be/Hxzh_CAwvEA?t=633

Seems moot, as both failed assassins obviously didn't like Trump.

But it is incorrect.

Crooks registered Republican but donated to Act Blue.  One classmate said that Crooks was a conservative.  Another classmate said that Crooks thought all politicians sucked and especially disliked Trump (such as here:  https://nypost.com/2024/07/17/us-news/thomas-matthew-crooks-mocked-classmate-for-supporting-trump-in-2016-he-did-not-like-our-politicians/ ).

I live in a state which, like Pennsylvania, has primaries in a way that it is not uncommon for democrats to register as republicans to vote in the republican primary (to boost the candidate they least hate or boost a weaker candidate).  Then they vote for the democrat in the election.  It doesn't mean much when a person is registered republican unless they are registered republican for like 5 years in a row.

Routh is a democrat.  In his self-published book, he says he once supported Trump but now hates him and hopes Trump is assassinated.  Routh's recorded voting record and his statements of public support are for democrats.  He donated 20 times to Act Blue.

Because the truth is so easy to find.

It isn't easy.  Because --

News on all sides hard-pushes partisan points of view.  If you aren't looking at news from both sides, your opinion is just assigned to you by a partisan news source.  Both sides is not MSNBC, CNN, ABC, etc. on the one side and Fox on the other.  It is MSNBC, CNN, ABC, Fox, etc. on the one side and Tucker Carlson, Gateway Pundit, Zero Hedge, right-leaning X posts, etc. on the other side.  That's the only way to see the spectrum.  Then you see which side is leaving out what, and where they agree.  That's the only way to have any chance of seeing the truth.

It is work to do that.  Most people don't do that.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #178 on: September 18, 2024, 05:42:01 PM »
The Kool-Aid is more ubiquitous than I thought.

You lack substance, as usual.
To know what's wrong you first must know what is right. Tell me where I am wrong, not just a one-liner insult jab because you're wrong

BTW. What law was changed so Orange could be prosecuted?
If you cannot state what statute changed your point fails.
Most of yours do. You rely on no one researching your grape koolaid claims
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 05:50:03 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: September 18, 2024, 05:47:24 PM »
You lack substance, as usual.

What law was changed so Orange could be prosecuted?

If you cannot state it your point fails. Most of yours do.

Prosecute away but please do both sides as they are all crooks and can be found guilty of one thing or another..

What's happening now is corruption at the highest levels as it's one sided political witch hunt

I know you can see that ..right?

Eagler