Author Topic: Subscriptions  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Subscriptions
« on: October 12, 2024, 12:39:51 PM »
I still think this used to be the best thing ever !! Thinking of getting back into this but I am wondering how many paid subscriptions there are ? In my day it was close to 5000. How about now ?

Respect to the creators I hope it is not dieing form neglect  :pray
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2024, 12:45:46 PM »
Howdy Yarbles

There's a decent fight usually when I  login at 8pm eastern...

If you don't mind switching countries you can locate a good fight somewhere

Give it ago..for $15 you can't go wrong

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2024, 12:47:39 PM »
I have always thought AH is great value for money  :aok

I wish High tech etc would put a business plan together to build it up again. Lots of players getting older with more time to play and it may have not got the latest eye candy but the model of flight and battle is second to none. I tried Il2 and DCS and they look pretty but need high spec PC'S and lack realism by comparison. What we need though is people not AI. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2024, 12:51:47 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2024, 12:58:22 PM »
My only criticism was the "Brewster Buffalo". Somehow a plane of choice in AH but apparently rubbish IRL. Virtually every other model seemed consistent with history to a magnificent degree.  :aok :aok
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2024, 01:42:37 PM »

I wish High tech etc would put a business plan together to build it up again. Lots of players getting older with more time to play and it may have not got the latest eye candy but the model of flight and battle is second to none. I tried Il2 and DCS and they look pretty but need high spec PC'S and lack realism by comparison. What we need though is people not AI.

This ^

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2024, 01:45:21 PM »
My only criticism was the "Brewster Buffalo". Somehow a plane of choice in AH but apparently rubbish IRL. Virtually every other model seemed consistent with history to a magnificent degree.  :aok :aok

ZE has become quite proficient in a Brew. Don’t underestimate it when you see it.
Its all personal preference.

Saddle up, its still a blast.

Between 7p-10p CST, is considered prime time.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2024, 01:47:39 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline ~ZoSo~

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2024, 04:46:29 PM »

I came back to AH last January after a 16 year hiatus. I deleted my subscription last month on the 20th of October. Downloaded DCS and IL-2. Played both for about 1 week. Deleted both of them immediately and continued to play AH offline for a few weeks and came back to the MA a few days ago. The AH AI is fine for practice and experimenting with various settings but like you wrote, “what we need is people”. There is nothing quite like fighting in a good fireball with players willing to look after one another or a good, all alone one on one. Pure immersion!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2024, 04:48:00 PM by ~ZoSo~ »

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2024, 04:47:16 PM »

Depends on what version and who flew it.

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2024, 04:57:10 PM »
ZE has become quite proficient in a Brew. Don’t underestimate it when you see it.
Its all personal preference.
Saddle up, its still a blast.
Between 7p-10p CST, is considered prime time.

Hi YArbles,
Come back, this simulator still a good one with a lot of fun...
Regard the Brewster is the only plane I fly.It have many weakness but quite fun on close combat. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the one in the game is more related to the Finland F2A-1 variant designated Model B-239E.In the game have limitations therefore need to be carefull before be compromise into a figth...
<S>
ZE

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2024, 05:08:59 PM »
I still think this used to be the best thing ever !! Thinking of getting back into this but I am wondering how many paid subscriptions there are ? In my day it was close to 5000. How about now ?

Respect to the creators I hope it is not dieing form neglect  :pray

Yarbles is awesome.....but not as awesome as Zack.... :banana:

Good to see you are still around..... :old:
Gnat       

GFC, AOM, The Few

The Kommando for FSO

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2024, 08:34:47 AM »
Currently about 400-500 subs I'd imagine. Mornings to afternoon are about 35 online depending on the map. Evenings about 100. I think there's about 5 maps that could be removed that would do wonders to bring backs #s during the weekends. People just don't stay logged in long enough when there are far flights with not much battle action on a huge map with everyone spread out.

The Brew is fun plane. But its more for moderate to advanced sticks given it's speed. Or you need to get high and stay high and not get caught up TnB. Which is almost impossible in that thing. Just need to be prepared for constant defense ACM which takes practice. Still a pretty tough game, so just have fun and don't take too seriously.   :salute
« Last Edit: October 13, 2024, 08:38:55 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2024, 04:05:23 PM »
Thanks for all the replies fellas  :salute 

Lets get excited about AH again  :rock

High end graphics are for squeakers, flight model is  :salute :salute :salute :salute :salute AH 
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2024, 04:44:13 PM »
Thanks for all the replies fellas  :salute 

Lets get excited about AH again  :rock

High end graphics are for squeakers, flight model is  :salute :salute :salute :salute :salute AH

MAHGA!!!

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2024, 07:26:25 PM »
Only HiTech knows the number of subscriptions.

Last tour there were 767 pilots with at least one kill or death in the MA. But of course, I don't know the number of multiple accounts, nor the number of players who paid but didn't play.  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline KillyJim

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2024, 07:46:39 PM »
Only HiTech knows the number of subscriptions.

Last tour there were 767 pilots with at least one kill or death in the MA. But of course, I don't know the number of multiple accounts, nor the number of players who paid but didn't play.  :old:

I paid for many years BUT HAVE ZERO KILLS OR DEATHS IN MAIN ARENA!!!!!!!

I entered once and left after a couple minutes.

I only play the big scenarios.... like the one in 2 weeks, for 4 weekends

others I know also subscribe for only scenarios

ahevents.net
 :azn: