Author Topic: Unbelivable Racism  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2002, 09:20:14 AM »
They are going to be marketing T-shirts, posters, and everything under the sun.

Its about money and copyright violations.

As to their lawyers statements as to what they are going to do with the money in the years to come, well I'm not so sure about that .....
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2002, 09:23:45 AM »
Gunthr, you should re-read what ET wrote:
"The intention of the three firefighters as stated by their lawyer on TV,Fox News,is that all proceeds from copywrite are to go to the Firemens Fund to help victims families."

I'd bet you'd be singing a different tune if you were one of those 3 firemen Gunthr.
-SW

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2002, 09:26:20 AM »
C'mon Creamo... don't parse Gunthr's comments down and try to pick holes in the statements. Sometimes, you just have to sit back, breathe deep and simply admire the cynicism. :D
sand

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2002, 09:33:57 AM »
Creamo, why do you think I would sh*t myself if "they" showed up at my house?

I work with firefighters on a regular basis.  I am a certified firefighter myself, in addition to my career as a police officer.   I just call em like I see em.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2002, 02:03:50 PM »
Cuz it sounded good at the time, and tweaked you. Thats all.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2002, 02:15:57 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

Typical Eagler response.  You've become broken record Eagler, you don't contribute crap anymore.

Blah blah blah fediddlein libs.  That's it...that's the distilation of all your posts for the past few months.  I mean, aren't you even beginning to bore yourself?  You've become backround noise.  It's become dead simple to guess which treads you'll post in, and what your post will be comprised of.  

Here's a hint, "It's all the fediddleing libs fault."  Well, thank you very much Eagler, that was very inciteful.

If you actully read this tread, instead of posting on auto-pilot, you would have noticed that, in fact, alot of the staunch liberals on this board are agreeing with the conservatives.  You may now return to your mindless mumblings.

Typical Thrawn response.  You've become broken record Thrawn...... blah, blah, blah...

please ignore, just another auto pilot post for Thrawn.. :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2002, 02:20:55 PM »
heheh, I only appreciated the irony, after I posted it.  But I felt that I had a good point somewhere in the hipocracy.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2002, 02:31:16 PM »
yeah it did sound good Creamo  - the part about crappin out a bronze statute :D

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2002, 03:41:20 PM »
As both a Firefighter & EMT by trade I take it REAL personal about this "PC roadkill". It seems some prople will go out of there way to screw up something.

That statue, IMO, should represent the historical moment in time. Just like the one of the Marines on Iwo Jima. It should have nothing to do with races or specific people - but should represent us all in how we felt as a nation or at least the Fire Dept Community.

Guys, those guys didn't put up that flag in the middle of all that horror with the thought in mind "Hey we can make a fortune on this!" They did it because of PATRIOTISM. That we as a country would draw together and NO ONE no matter what the damage they inflicted on us would drive us down. UNITED WE STAND!

SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

Chief Andrew Fraize  St.C. V.F.D.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2002, 08:03:07 PM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline loser

• Silver Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2002, 03:55:44 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
C'mon Creamo... don't parse Gunthr's comments down and try to pick holes in the statements. Sometimes, you just have to sit back, breathe deep and simply admire the cynicism. :D

perhaps because your comments were tardlike?  

You and every one of us all know that these three firefighters are not concerned in the least about money.  To infer such a thing is horribley insulting and ignorant.  

What you fail to recognize is that these 3 men, and the hundreds of other brave and selfless firefighters put their lives on the line on sept 11 AND EVERY OTHER DAY, HOUR, MINUTE, AND SECOND, of their entire careers.

These gentlemen did not join up for the chance at fame, fortune and immortallization in the form of a statue.  They joined because they had a interest in the job or a desire to help those who cannot help themselves at a critical moment.

And as far as you wanting to see the NYPD cuffing and dragging of the firefighters..you make me sick

If you have any idea what it means to be a cop or a firefighter (which despite your alleged claims to training you obviously dont) you would diddlying lose it too if one of your brother's was about to be scooped up in the bucket of a cat a half torso at a time rather than removed from the rubble in a respectable manner.

What you need to do is STFU, think about what having a career about risking your life is all about, then maybe you can talk.

p.s. oh and btw no firefighter ever joins up because he thinks he may die and that that fact is part of the job.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2002, 04:33:37 PM »
C'mon loser, you have no clue why these firefighters joined up or any other firefighter for that matter.  Unless you've somehow developed telepathy.

For that matter you have no idea what they were thinking when they put up that flag.

And I'll be damned if it doesn't look staged.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2002, 06:01:57 PM »
Loser, the reference to dragging the firefighters off to the hoosgow was in reference to some of the firefighters at ground zero who took swings at cops who were just doing their jobs.

But why dwell on it? Overall, I'm awed at what those men have done, what many of them sacrificed, and the job they do. That wasn't my main point. I don't mean to offend.

PS:   Chief Fraize

I'm sorry I don't agree with everything you have to say, but I agree with the spirit.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2002, 07:31:34 PM by Gunthr »

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2002, 06:09:15 PM »
So,
Which one is Eisengrein?
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2002, 11:19:59 PM »
"And I'll be damned if it doesn't look staged."

Why some of you left leaning types just have an innate problem with powerful patriotic images, does the flag bother you? Or do you feel uncomfortable about your lack of patriotism in this moment of national emergency and strike out at those who display it?

And yes Thrawn I know you live in in Canada but that doesnt really matter because:

1. Everyone knows that Canada is the USAs big old 51st state. :)
2. I honestly think it was an attack on all decent and especially western civilization.
3. It still shows your hesitancy about patriotic images.

Of course I could be wrong in my interpretation, if so explain yourself please.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2002, 06:42:21 AM »
Originally posted by Wotan

weren't they "purged" sometime after :)

Nope ;)

What you could call "purge" was that Kantariya's brother was a well-known gangster in the 50s. He was caught and spent some time in prison. I can't remember the details, but it was something extraordinary.