Author Topic: Looks like I’m in the toejam with HTC  (Read 663 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Looks like I’m in the toejam with HTC
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2002, 09:07:29 AM »
Originally posted by K West
"american censorship is very odd to say the least."

But you're not being censored.  For simply load up RW or AHVoice and give whoever it is you feel this dire need to communicate vulgarity and swears to an ear full.  No one is stopping you from doing that.  AND! On top of it that's more realistic too! For no pilot in WWII held up a carboard placard with the written words "SHIT! he shot me down!" as his burning plane plunged earthward.

Get over it.

Westy

Or reached over for a keyboard to type the word into. LOL! Nice illustration westy. :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2002, 09:43:33 AM »
ROTFLOL Westy! Hehehehehehe!

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2002, 10:16:54 AM »
Repeat after me:

"AH isnt a television show, its a privately owned game. AH isnt a television show, its a privately owned game. AH isnt a television show, its a privately owned game. AH isnt a television show, its a privately owned game. AH isnt a television show, its a privately owned game."

Now repeat this:

"Only small minds feel a game isn't complete unless they can swear in it. Only small minds feel a game isn't complete unless they can swear in it. Only small minds feel a game isn't complete unless they can swear in it. Only small minds feel a game isn't complete unless they can swear in it."

One more thing to repeat:

"My right to spend time typing swear words does not override others right not to be exposed to it and detract from their enjoyment of the game. My right to spend time typing swear words does not override others right not to be exposed to it and detract from their enjoyment of the game. My right to spend time typing swear words does not override others right not to be exposed to it and detract from their enjoyment of the game. My right to spend time typing swear words does not override others right not to be exposed to it and detract from their enjoyment of the game."

If you repeat these statements enough, maybe you will start to understand grasshopper.  This subject has been beating to death on these boards.  Its doubtful that not being able to swear has lost HTC many paying customers (if any left for this reason, good riddance), but if the text buffers were full of obscenities, I would bet many would leave.

Swear all you want out loud, scream it to your dog or annoy your wife or mother, we don't care, but you really dont need to annoy others playing AH with it.  Many of us like to let our kids play, and too we show this game to our family and friends.  We dont need to have swearing fools embarrass us.

The only sadder thing than guys who actually get on this board and whine because they cant swear is guys who pathetically need to swear so bad they will misspell swear words so they can do it.  Really sad.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2002, 10:19:06 AM »
The filter does NOT affect private squad channels.  We swear like sailors on ours - which is fine, because we are the only ones who hear it.

Offline DamnedBuzzard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2002, 10:26:34 AM »
Originally posted by Am0n
american censorship is very odd to say the least.

they allow horrible voilent acts to be whitnessed hourly on TV, actualy not only allow this but more like push it on you.  Its what they use to sell there "news" station to you.

using "strong" words is very bad, you should not fully express your emotions.

Somehting as natural as sex/nudity is total taboo, it should not be seen on TV, not even at 2am when your "kiddies" are sleeping (which is who the christians want to hide it from).

now given that the majority of the people in this country are so easily controled and influenced buy media, what they are producing is phsycotic(sp) sex offenders. our country is full of sicks bastards like this.

as far as the profamity filter is concerned.. its typical. Would be nice with it off.

"land of the free, who ever told you that is your enemy"

Interesting. I would refer you to a quote attributed to Cyrano De Bergerac "if ten thousand men marched through the streets of Paris, brandishing instruments of death, they would be cheered and showered with roses. But if ten men marched through the streets of Paris brandishing instruments of life, they would be arrested and thrown in the Bastille".

By the way. I note your profile says you're from Ohio. I didn't know English was a second language there.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2002, 10:55:50 AM »
Amons reply seemed so strange I would hardly know where to start a rebuttal.

now given that the majority of the people in this country are so easily controled and influenced buy media,what they are producing is phsycotic(sp) sex offenders. our country is full of sicks bastards like this.

as far as the profamity filter is concerned.. its typical. Would be nice with it off.

Lets see, you call others sick but say it would be nice to have the profanity filter off?  What would be nice about it?  Having  emotionally immature juvenile minded fools typing swear words on the text buffer of AH everytime they get shot down or feel like annoying others?  That would be nice?

"land of the free, who ever told you that is your enemy"

Spoken like someone who has never left Ohio and traveled to another country.  Like someone who has never seen nor experienced a government that really controls its population.  Only the truely ignorant would make such a statement.  In places that I have lived and also visited, like in the middle east and China, you quickly understand the differance between our freedom and the lack of it.
Shessh, comments like that amaze me.  

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2002, 11:00:45 AM »
10,000 men with instuments of death did march through Paris. They were called the Germans.

Thank god for the French Resistance!:rolleyes:

But that's a whole new thread.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2002, 11:05:49 AM »
Did you know that according to cockpit voice recorders, the most commonly spoken last word before a fatal crash is ”Shit”?

pssst... when you get shot down in AH you don't really die.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2002, 11:12:03 AM »
complaining that you cant express yourself withoout profanity may indicate a trailor and a kmart in your life.

Offline DamnedBuzzard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2002, 11:15:19 AM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
10,000 men with instuments of death did march through Paris. They were called the Germans.

Thank god for the French Resistance!:rolleyes:

But that's a whole new thread.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, from watching old newsreels, were there not crowds cheering them ?

What's yer point?  You some kind of closet Francophile ?

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2002, 11:19:41 AM »
"complaining that you cant express yourself withoout profanity may indicate a trailor and a kmart in your life."

Or aspirations of!!

;)

Westy

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2002, 11:25:49 AM »
I could be wrong, but I don't think there would be any crowds cheering a German occupation force. If they were seen in old newsreels, my guess would be that it was staged for propaganda purposes. *shrugs* I was'nt there, so I can't speculate.

Francophile...I like that!

But no, it's not me.

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2002, 11:28:05 AM »
Dago's post about maturity was so fitting after seeing his "repeat after me" BS.. lol. you must be a holy religious nut because hypocricy is in your blood.

AH is not a TV show, great observation. It is media though. But im sure you already knew that.

Yea ive never left ohio, never left the farm i live on and ive never even left this compter im sitting at. Great observation yet again.
Also i understand that other cultures have different rules in there socieity's and some 3rd world countries have it worse than us, to bad so sad my heart is bleeding.

This reminds me of a scetch that sam kennison used to do about etheopia refering to all the starving people... "You know what this is? Sand.. You know what it will be in 1000 years? Sand.. YOU LIVE IN A diddlyING DESERT..  MOVE!!" ROFL:D

Censorship protects ignorant bellybutton people who are to stupid to change the channel, turn the radio station, not buy the alblum, or squelch the idiot who is using foul language, To self righteous to see others expressing there selves, or having a good time.

english is my second lanuage, enochian is my mother language, didnt think it was that obvious.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2002, 11:31:03 AM by Am0n »

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2002, 11:42:18 AM »
That's just it Am0n, you buy the album because you know what's on there. I buy CDs with vulgar words in every song. I am willingly buying it. See the connection here? When you get cable, you are willingly accepting anything and everything that you pay for. You can argue that you are paying for a service with HTC, but you are actually paying to play by their rules, on their time, on their equipment and with over 2 hundred other people who may or may not want to read some ignorant dipshit who's vocab consists of 1 or 2 syllable words they learned at 7-11 doing their weekly grocery shopping or at Wal-Mart shopping for their 10 kids and/or using welfare to get their unemployed tulips some essentially free clothes.

I can easily express myself using as many colorful descriptions as I want, but then in the end I only look like a dumb bellybutton redneck that can't read or write.
-SW

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2002, 11:49:45 AM »
I noted that HTC does not have a minimum age requirement for flying the sim online.

So, my 5 year old is up quite often.  I'd prefer the language filter on.