Author Topic: We're losing our sim to...  (Read 922 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
We're losing our sim to...
« on: January 28, 2002, 03:01:24 PM »
…the obnoxious, the arrogant, the elitists, the fool hardy, the vile, the hateful tempered,  the irreverent, and the disrespectful.

I now squelch everything I can and mentally squelch what I can’t, save my squad channel. When we fire up RW, I even blank that out too.

I consider myself a vet of AH. I paid my dues, even when we had nothing much to speak about and players from other sims laughed and berated. I was paying my dues when some had a reduced rate, yet I kept on chugging along, kept my mouth shut and enjoyed myself.

Heck, I can’t even do that anymore. This past weekend I was told I suck by one fellow and was called a handsomehunk by 2 others. Even when I started out online in the mid-nineties and those monikers may have applied; I was never made to suffer such public humiliation. Had I began the discourse, I would remain silent, however, I said nothing to provoke.

I do what I can if I see someone in trouble but it’s not my responsibility if you are in a situation you can’t get out of. I’m doing my best not to get there myself, rather well too I might add. :D

Continue on with your rants and raving. Some folks behaviour disgusts me. I ain’t listening anymore.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2002, 03:02:49 PM »
but you do suck.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2002, 03:05:08 PM »
hehe, I needed that DJ, thanks :)

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Re: We're losing our sim to...
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2002, 03:11:26 PM »
Originally posted by Apache
…the obnoxious, the arrogant, the elitists, the fool hardy, the vile, the hateful tempered,  the irreverent, and the disrespectful.

In other words....people.

handsomehunk...:D (J/K)

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2002, 03:17:24 PM »
As a 'beta' vet I agree with DejaVu that you do suck.

But then again we all suck, it's called breathing.

The ones that bother me are the Human ShopVacs that never exhale.

I've found myself spending only about two hours online in the last couple of weeks, due in a large degree to the incoherant spew of text that flows across my monitor on ch.1

Hope HTC does sumthin' soon.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: We're losing our sim to...
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2002, 03:17:34 PM »
Originally posted by Apache

So, we've transgressed into Warbirds? ;)

Offline buhdman

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~wjbarrow
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2002, 03:20:42 PM »
come to the CT ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2002, 03:25:49 PM by buhdman »

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2002, 03:23:24 PM »
Originally posted by buhdman
come to the CT ;)

buhdman. To be honest, I have given that alot of consideration. Especially after this weekend.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2002, 03:25:32 PM »
Not the irreverent!!!!  Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2002, 03:25:33 PM »
A few lines of code for a permanent squelch list would go a long way.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2002, 03:39:16 PM »
Honestly I just don't care what someone, who I've never met and problably never will types at me on the AH channels.  That being said...I've been spending a fair bit of time in the CT.  And I can honestly say that the caliber of gentlemen and gentlewomen there is quite refreshing.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2002, 03:58:36 PM »
Give it (AH) a few months to mellow out.  We have always had some real snorkcocklers in the game, what with the two week free trial anyone can get in, but the real chorksnorcklers tend to rid us of themselves pretty consistently.

A squelch list with some teeth (at least 30 days)
would sure make the overall experience of CH.1 a bit more enjoyable.

Y
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2002, 04:01:19 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
I've been spending a fair bit of time in the CT.  And I can honestly say that the caliber of gentlemen and gentlewomen there is quite refreshing.

The voice was low, soft, almost a whisper:

“Come to the CT...”

The breeze carried it away, then wafted it back again:

“Come to the CT...”

“Come to the CT....”

- oldman

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2002, 04:37:27 PM »
Apache:
I don't agree. But not because I don't lament the behavior I see and hear at times. Hell, at times I am guilty of it too; especially late at night and I have been imbibing and there are one or more loudmouths up (like the one(s) you described).
I don't agree that they are winning and that the sim is losing to them.  I have been flying flight sims since 1995, not here nor at WB. Where I flew there was a haughty attitude much like there is in AH, among participants. There were the CH1 loudmouths and whiners just like here. But the community drew a line as to what kind of behavior went beyond the pale.  IMO AH isn't quite there yet.  
Two Fridays ago there was a guy up who was spewing trash like I had never seen before, and he seemed to be getting support for it. Some had tried to get him to stop but IMO they were halfhearted attempts...easier just to squelch him I guess.
I joined in for a bit and attempted to harrass him to stop but it was useless so, after a while I too squelched him. Thing is, I felt bad for my behavior, I knew it was beneath me to do that. But that guy didnt win, he made an bellybutton out of himself. I think it was clear to all at the time but, ...it was easier to just squelch him. Hehe, maybe thats the answer ;)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2002, 04:55:42 PM »
But then again we all suck, it's called breathing.  

The ones that bother me are the Human ShopVacs that never exhale.

ROFL! Nice riposte' !

Two Fridays ago there was a guy up who was spewing trash like I had never seen before, and he seemed to be getting support for it. Some had tried to get him to stop but IMO they were halfhearted attempts...easier just to squelch him I guess.

I joined in for a bit and attempted to harrass him to stop but it was useless so, after a while I too squelched him. [/b]

And that, my friend, along with a 'no credit card required' free ride with a low, low 15 dollah monthly rate is how the premier flight sim, with the best graphics model and flight physics available has become the most annoying experience of my leisure time life. I can't even imagine golf being this bad.

'No skill, no money, no life? Come fly AH all day for free for two weeks without a C/C, enjoy yerself while being an bellybutton at the expense of the regular folks' enjoyment and be somebody for awile.'

Sigh. CT is it now.. the main sucks hind tit.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.