Author Topic: This the way I see AH:  (Read 1120 times)

Offline garrido

• Zinc Member
This the way I see AH:
« on: September 13, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »
in English and spanish

This the way I see AH:

There are things of AH that I like, but many dislike to me. It wanted to present these points and to suggest others.

I Like:

 The new policy of prices.
 The Events.
 The Historical Arena (CT).
 The new airplanes and vehicles that are added in each new version.
 The changing maps in each tour.

I don’t like:

 Combat trim. must be suppressed, The excuse of which therefore the new ones have more handling facility is not been worth, because to learn already they have the Off-line way and the H2H for 8 players. In addition, nobody is born knowing, I had to learn to use them, and like me imagine than the rest.
 The distance icon, must be suppressed, or not at least appear the distances between 500 and 1000y. The one that wants to shoot and to guess right so long distances that it learns to use the sight.
 The system in Mph and Ft/min in the airplanes that did not use them, that is replaced by Km/h and Mts./min. As well as the real positioning of the clocks in the cockpit and its real size and shape.
 The suppression of the accountant of remained ammunition in those airplane that not they take, the must learn to regular the ammo, nothing of spry & pray (imagine a strong opposition on the part of the pilot of N1K-J2, Spitfire, P51, P47 etc, etc)
 Auto Climb not have a standar speed , able to setup by the player in each takeoff or in Hangar.

Suggestions:
-     Overhaul of FM and GM of all the airplanes, I prefer quality to amount.
- Limit themselves the historical period of 1939-1945 and to place single the airplanes that participated in active way and in important amounts in the WWII, nothing of Ta152, P47M/N, P51H, DO335, P80 etc., etc.
- Inclusion of early airplanes of the war, D510/520, I16, Spitfire I/II, 109 E4/E7, Hurricane Mk I/II. JU87, etc., etc. there is much where to choose.
- RPS.
- Vehicles of all type and country Char B, T34 76/85, Panther, Tiger, Sherman etc.
- Possibility of submarines and destroyers hunts submarines.
- Radar in the airplanes that took it for correct the nocturnal combat.
- Modeled of the BF109 G10 and inclusion of 109 K4 as well and a  MW50 option in G6 for a future RPS.
- Add the option to choose that variant of Spitfire it is wanted (high, mid or low level) with the FM adapted for each one. Able choose in Hangar in its different versions.
- That the sun has but intensity, that dazzles and prevents to see when it is watched to him directly and that it makes difficult the vision in the zones next to attack, surprise will more effective and we would count on a trick that was fundamental in the attack and defense of the airplanes of the WWII.
- Fatigue of the pilot. Isnt normal to fly in black or redout as much time without having consequences.
- Damage of the motor by inadequate use. It is not possible to be always flown to 100% of revolutions.

A greeting  Supongo

En español:

Así veo a AH:

Hay cosas de AH que me gustan, pero muchas mas que me disgustan.
Quisiera dar a conocer estos puntos y sugerir otros.

Me Gusta:

*La nueva política de precios.
*Los Eventos.
*La Arena Histórica (CT)
*Los nuevos aviones y vehículos que se añaden en cada nueva versión.
*Los mapas cambiantes en cada tour.

No me gusta:

*El combat trim. Debe ser suprimido, la excusa de que así los nuevos tienen mas facilidad de manejo no es valida, pues para aprender ya tienen el modo Off-line y el H2H para 8 jugadores. Además, nadie nace sabiendo, yo tuve que aprender a usarlos, y como yo imagino que el resto.
*El  icono de distancia, debe ser suprimido, o al menos no aparecer las distancias entre 500 y 1000y. El que quiera disparar y acertar a distancias tan largas que aprenda a usar la mira.
*El sistema en Mph y Ft/min en los aviones que no los usaron, que sean sustituidos por Km/h y Mts./min. Así como la colocación real de los relojes de la cabina y su tamaño y forma origina.
*La supresión de los contadores de munición no disparada en aquellos aviones que no los llevaron,  que se aprenda a regular los disparos, nada de regar el cielo. (imagino una fuerte oposición por parte de los pilotos de N1K-J2, Spitfire, P51, P47 etc, etc)
*Que el autoClimb no tenga una velocidad común, que sea puesta por el usuario en cada despegue o en Hangar.

Sugerencias

*Revisión de los FM y GM de todos los aviones,  prefiero calidad a cantidad.
*Limitarse al periodo histórico de 1939-1945 y colocar solo los aviones que participaron de manera activa y en cantidades importantes en la WWII, nada de Ta152, P47M/N, P51H, DO335, P80  etc., etc.
*Inclusión de aviones tempranos de la guerra, D510/520, I16, Spitfire I/II, 109 E4/E7, Hurricane Mk I/II. JU87, etc., etc. hay mucho donde elegir.
*RPS
*Vehículos de todo tipo y país Char B, T34 76/85, Panther, Tiger, Sherman etc.
*Posibilidad de submarinos y destructores caza submarinos.
*Radar en los aviones que lo llevaron para el combate nocturno
*Modelado correcto del BF109 G10 e inclusión del 109 K4 así como de la opción MW50 en el G6 para un futuro RPS.
*Añadir la opción de elegir que variante de Spitfire se quiere (alta, media o baja cota) con el FM adecuado para cada una. A elegir en Hangar
Añadir Spitfire XIV en sus diferentes versiones. Ha elegir en Hangar.
Que el sol tenga mas intensidad,  que deslumbre e impida ver cuando se le mira directamente y que dificulte la visión en las zonas próximas a el/los ataque sorpresa serian mas efectivos y contaríamos con una baza que fue fundamental en el ataque y defensa de los aviones de la WWII.
*Fatiga del piloto. No es normal volar en black o red out tanto tiempo sin tener consecuencias.
*Daño del motor por uso inadecuado. No se puede volar al 100% de revoluciones siempre.

Un saludo

Supongo

highflyer

This the way I see AH:
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »
excellent  :)

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
This the way I see AH:
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2001, 09:43:00 AM »
<S> Supongo!    :)

Combat trim. must be suppressed..
 I agree with your points about it but I'm convinced that CT is not a major factor in online aircombat here. I believe a "pilot" with superior SA and ability to maneuver thier aircraft better than someone using CT will usually prevail.

The distance icon, must be suppressed..
 I agree 100%!!!! Plane type only. No distance range at all!

The system in Mph and Ft/min in the airplanes that did not use them, that is replaced by Km/h and Mts./min. As well as the real positioning of the clocks in the cockpit and its real size and shape.
 I concur!! It's been long asked for.

The suppression of the accountant of remained ammunition in those airplane that not they take, the must learn to regular the ammo, nothing of spry & pray (imagine a strong opposition on the part of the pilot of N1K-J2, Spitfire, P51, P47 etc, etc)
 I agree. But for many aircraft that did not have in-cockpit ammunition counters many of the pilots instructed thier crews to load tracer rounds near the end of the ammo belts so they pilot would know when he was running out of rounds.  That would be a good option to add too.

Good points.  Sun effect stronger....pilot fatigue. I'd add in no ability to go from "7"  directly to the "5" view unless the pilots head passes around to the foreward view first. And I don't agree on the plane set being limited in any way by aircraft that only saw action but I do not believe we'd ever see prototypes or "one off" aircraft. If it was produced or saw action in WWII I think it's a viable addition to AH.

<S>!

Westy

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline garrido

• Zinc Member
This the way I see AH:
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2001, 09:44:00 AM »
THX   ;)

Supongo

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
This the way I see AH:
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »
Go back and look for the threads about Trim. Andy Bush wrote a great explanation; I think it was in the Help and Training section.

Short version:

Trim is NOT a primary flight control, it is a SECONDARY flight control.

Modeling it as a primary control was simply incorrect.

Combat Trim was created to address this error in some fashion.

Use it or not, that is up to you.

However, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY you can make the case that Combat Trim is somehow "more incorrect" than having the actual Trim surfaces become a primary flight control.

I am now done on this topic in this thread.

Those of you that argue that Combat Trim is some sort of "cheat" or "crutch" for the less "manly" players simply don't understand basic flight controls.

Besides, if you are going to argue against Combat Trim, you should argue for removing trimmable surfaces from aircraft that did not have them. IE: It an aircraft did not have cockpit-adjustable rudder trim, it should be removed in the game.

Further, you should include a request to remove autopilot, since probably almost none of these fighters had one. And while you're at it, request the removal of having more than one radio channel reception at a time (and in some early war fighters, not all aircraft had radios installed).... shall I go on?

Sorry if I sound brusque, but I'm a bit tired of this particular topic continually coming up.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
This the way I see AH:
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2001, 10:26:00 AM »
If you wan't to supress CT and Ammo counter what about removing trim control in the plane wich where never equiped with this system ?
oups ... it's your primary ride ... sorry I understand you pov  :D

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
This the way I see AH:
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2001, 10:29:00 AM »
Why read a thread your tired off?

better to simply skip then rant ......lol

good points supongo.......... :)

highflyer

This the way I see AH:
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2001, 10:29:00 AM »
I dont see anything wrong with modeling the aircraft as they were. Should anyone else?

I mean it is a simulation,... Lets simulate what planes had/had not.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
This the way I see AH:
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2001, 10:33:00 AM »
Was a bit negative on my previous post here are the point I find good :

- Inclusion of early airplanes of the war, D510/520, I16, Spitfire I/II, 109 E4/E7, Hurricane Mk I/II. JU87, etc., etc. there is much where to choose.
- That the sun has but intensity, that dazzles and prevents to see when it is watched to him directly and that it makes difficult the vision in the zones next to attack, surprise will more effective and we would count on a trick that was fundamental in the attack and defense of the airplanes of the WWII.
- Fatigue of the pilot. Isnt normal to fly in black or redout as much time without having consequences.
- Damage of the motor by inadequate use. It is not possible to be always flown to 100% of revolutions.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
This the way I see AH:
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2001, 11:10:00 AM »
Well, Wotan, I guess I just had my little rant in order to combat ignorance.

People who complain about Combat Trim are simply ingnorant of the difference between primary and secondary flight controls.

No point in letting the ignorance spread by allowing incorrect impressions pass unchallenged and uncorrected.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
This the way I see AH:
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2001, 11:26:00 AM »
<<<? Auto Climb not have a standar speed , able to setup by the player in each takeoff or in Hangar.>>>

Don't understand this one, we have the .speed command.

ra

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
This the way I see AH:
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2001, 11:52:00 AM »
hey don't forget allied had 100 oct fuel and axis only had 85 oct, i want that moldeled and the poor metal and workmanship in late war japenese plans so make that N1k2 blow up , and all planes spawn in hangers or revetments and ck the mumble mumble realism mumble.............ok i'm done

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
This the way I see AH:
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
Icon range indicator isn't just about gunnery.  IMO, rate of closure information is way more important than range.  I have no idea what is "realistic", but I think we need to have some kind of crutch to compensate for our 2D view.

Any RL pilots care to comment?  Toad?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Guinness

• Zinc Member
      • http://wakeup.to/guinness
This the way I see AH:
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2001, 12:17:00 PM »
mumble mumble realism mumble.............ok i'm done

hahahah   :D

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
This the way I see AH:
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2001, 12:47:00 PM »
Another fine example of selective realism based on personal bias.

Combat trim must be suppressed???? Why? If you don't like it, don't use it. HT put a nice option to disable it in your plane, feel free to do so.

Ammo counters must be suppressed. Only solution to this is to make it an option for the player similar to CT.

Icons. Here is another option you have a choice to use. Make it and stop telling other players how to play the game. ONLY solution to range is to make sights calibrated. The reticles of US planes at least had the option of sizing the reticle to match a particular wingspan. In effect, a range finder. Of course many US planes had a lead computing sight as well but HT said no on this one.

There is also no way to get truly 3D in the game with accurate representation of depth perception and field of view.

Only way to make iconless combat truly real in this game is to restrict players countries to plane types. In other words, your country can ONLY fly LW, or Brit, or US etc., so that enemy players can ID you as enemy. I doubt that will happen as too many players don't like THAT much realism.

MPH vs Kmh. Very minor point. It would make life easier for players based in metric system. No problem with this as long as it is a player option. Should be selectable in player setup.

Clock placement and size. Rather minscule point here. I for one don't pay any attention to the clock in a fight. Don't see any reason to make any changes. I would like to see wartime photos of planes so that cockpit guages can be shown as they were. Not much effect on game play.

Overhaul the fm. Now on what basis do you require that? Where is your data? What is broken, how is it broken and where is your proof it is broken? I saw absolutely nothing in your post to support this.

Final note, whay can't you just fly your own game and stop dictating to others what and how they will fly???? HT gave players options in this game. Just use the ones you like and leave others players alone.

<rant mode off>

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown