Author Topic: A little sympathy for Macboy.  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
A little sympathy for Macboy.
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2000, 08:08:00 AM »

Originally posted by Macboy:

Thought ya'll woulda had a bit more sense of humor, but you guys are very nasty people.

Umm, sense of humor?  Your Pyro/HT bashing posts here and in AGW certainly didn't have a humorous tone to them, as well as your consistent name calling of posters...

You'd think that the savings on the ol' checking account would make your steps a bit lighter, hmmm.

You've already made your  point in a post on AGW that  the  only reason folks dropped out of WB's is due to finances, why bring this up again?

Think about what you have said in response to my posts, look at your ownselves for a moment, and any toxicity in your posts, and perhaps reflect on what anger you have built up, stored and penned-up, and perhaps change your own attitudes towards those that don't agree.

SOunds like you need to take a good close look in the mirror and start 'liking' yourself, IMO, you have some serious mental health problems, I'm no doctor, but have alot of friends who are (Wife is a Burn ICU RN getting degree for PA practice)  Please save us your analogy of what you should be doing.

Always remember, when you are pointing your finger at someone, there are three pointing right back at ya.

Another self-justification line, as though what you've done over the last few months is appropiate in your mind.

C'est la vie, check 6, happy hunting and ciao!!
Macboy has done his job and shall flitter away in the wind from the AH boards.

Done your job?  Now you're saying "I've piss everyone off and I'm finished  here..."

Hey, I'm willing to let by gones be bygones, but please, seek a close friend  and discuss your anger...it might save your life, help you grow old enough to see your (possible) grand children.

<S> Ripsnort

One more thing, Viet Nam hostilities  ended in 1973.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 07-07-2000).]

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2000, 09:16:00 AM »
Since at best only 1/4th of the people would be playing the mac version of AH would they be willing to pay 4 times as much? They pay 4 times as much for their hardware.

Mac support would increase the work on every release..Increase the testing, increase the integration testing, increase the desk and hardware costs for HTC.
I am facing right now the prospect of stoping playing till I can upgrade my PC.   Do I ask HTC to undo the last version cause it drops me to 20fps at best..no I dont. They are selling a game, I can buy it or not.
If these people want support in AH for the Mac it seems to me they are going about it the worst possible way.
Never played WB on line..but are these guys sure that the purported lack of updates is not linked to the fact that updates would have to be done cross platform......

edit.
a good mac programmer-50k
stuff needed per year to keep him working -20k
70000 /12 (months) = $5833 per month
5833/30(cost per account) = 194

number of mac pilots to even start to break even for HTC. 194..
that does not even begin to start making up for the costs to the over all development and design and support of having 2 production versions.
 They would likely need 500 Mac pilots to make it worth while.

[This message has been edited by Pongo (edited 07-07-2000).]

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2000, 09:51:00 AM »
I've never seen Pyro or any of the HTC people be rude or flippant with anyone who has expressed their displeasure in a constructive manner.

Macboy set the tone of all future discussions by his initial posts, and now he's reaping what he's sown.

The customer is not always right, especially when the customer doesn't know how to criticize without profanity or personal attacks.

If I had worked on something as long and hard as these guys have with AH, I'd take exception to his remarks, too.

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2000, 09:59:00 AM »
Hey Spitboy,
    The last thing I need from you is lecture on how to behave.  You should be lecturing MG/Macboy in the art of diplomacy.
  You don't seem to really have a grasp on how much this character has whined, squeaked, moaned, made false accusations and flat out insulted HTC.

I held back my comments for a long, long time.  As for my crying baby face, that was to make him realize that that's what he appears to me as.  I picture a little boy in a toy store cyring and screaming on the ground because his mom won't buy him the toy he wants.  He doesn't give mature and diplomatic opinions to this board; with the exception of that somewhat sober one on here.  Besides, I believe I've only done the cry baby thing twice, so don't over play it.  

We've stated, over and over and over and over again where we stand on the Mac issue.  We never said never, and we never said yes.  We are not a huge company with money coming out of our asses.  This continual whining is getting him/the mac community no where, and he's only perpetuating the gap between the WB and AH community.  Yes, I know he's not the only one.  I gave 2 years of my life to WB (can I get a nickel Rip?   ), and I have no desire to destroy the bond with that community.  It's a part of our history, and we will never lose that.

There is only so much immature drivel that a man can hear before he starts laughing and stops taking the other person seriously.  All of this "Rip posted about AH on AGW, so I'm posting here!" BS is just stupid.  You're not going to earn anyone's respect by making posts like that.  It's just really gotten to that point where I have to laugh, and now it's moving to annoyance.  I'd take the man a lot more seriously and with more respect if he would give us the same.

Peace.

------------------
John "SUPERFLY" Guytan - Art Director
HiTech Creations
"Happiness is a warm gun momma" - The Beatles
-=HELLFIRE=- SQUAD

[This message has been edited by SUPERFLY (edited 07-07-2000).]
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2000, 10:10:00 AM »
<Rip hears a faint Trumpet sound around  the corner, finds a blue jeans man wearing a Tom Landry hat with a large basket full of coins in front of him, blowing softly on his trumpet the theme song to 'Superfly'...Rip tosses him a quarter>

FYI: I made a formal apology (well, not an apology, rather a statement being guilty as charged... regarding my tasteless unabashed promotion of Aces High in OFF-TOPIC forum..seeking  disgruntled WB users  to come over to AH to 'check it out', while offering my services of helping them in the training arena) on AGW in regards to my January posts(Interesting enough, alot of the negative feedback of my information posts back then are playing now! Daff, Cabby, Laz, Stigler even said hes going to check it out!): read something like this:

Posted by Ripsnort in AGW

Bingo Ding...and most are willing to eat a few bugs for a couple of weeks while they address them in exchange for a spectacular flight sim! Night bombing is simply awesome! Especially the explosions! Woo hooo!

Ding, please understand MG's bitterness:

WB's hasn't had an upgrade for along time.

AH comes out, and folks go to AH, not only pay a flat rate, but AH does not offer Mac version, so there's a slap in the face.

Attacks begin on those who even mention the word AH.

Attacks begin on each other in AGW, out of frustration of watching AH develope into something short of spectacular, while WB flyers dump loads of hourly rate money into IEN with nothing in return.

Sure, that's going to get anyones blood pressure up.

When I first posted a thread about "What do you guys think about armour in WB's" back in January, I was bombarded with insults. I became defensive and started posting threads about AH in off-topic , more or less                  retalitory strikes.

I'm as guilty as anyone.

Those who stood by and said nothing are guilty.

However, one cannot even express his opinion on AGW anymore, pre-AH one could, post-AH everyone gets flamed if they mention AH.

That tells me AH is a real threat to some folks. It shouldn't be.

I for one would like to make peace, and wish everyone else would just chill out. AGW is becoming a mockery on other BBS, and newsgroups, we all contribute to that negativity that is portrayed.

It's time it stopped

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2000, 10:35:00 AM »
LOL      

I am a little late in this thread.  I read it all and found it very up-lifting and funny.  The PC vs Mac Ol'e.  For myself I was a bonafided Amiga loyalist, well sort of.  

GUYS!  Get a grip....   Your beautiful and passionate lover has not just left you for another man.  Your old and faithful dog has not just died.  No one has pissed in your morning coffee or tea right before you had a drink.

This is simply a matter of the right tool for the job.  Could you expect the engine of a Cessna 152 to power a Boeing 747?  A fuel injection system for a Volvo will not work on a Ford?

It won't work, get over it.

IMO this thread boils down to a few issues:
  • Mac User wants to play AH
  • AH is not a Mac platform
  • PC User is callous to Mac User frustration
  • Mac User will not invest in a PC to run AH
  • Mac User would rather toss whiney comments and inuendos

BTW IMO Pyro's initial statements simply showed a color of humor.  However it seemed to strike hard to an individual(s) with exceedly high senstivity.  In those cases of self inflictied hurt I suggest they go cry in a corner.  Not do it in plain sight where strangers get to witness the spectacle.

You can complain about this forever, and to what end?

You want sex with multiple partners?  Go buy some condoms.    

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

"One more dead brain cell and you're a talking monkey."
Yankee

[This message has been edited by Minotaur (edited 07-07-2000).]

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2000, 11:34:00 AM »
Mino's sig: "One more dead brain cell and you're a talking monkey."
Yankee

LOL! Hey, I resemble that remark!  

------------------
John "SUPERFLY" Guytan - Art Director
HiTech Creations
"Happiness is a warm gun momma" - The Beatles
-=HELLFIRE=- SQUAD
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2000, 11:43:00 AM »
Somehow, someway, I feel offended by Yankees statement...

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
~GeschwaderKommodore~I./JG2~Richthofen~[/i]
CLICK>> JG2 INFORMATION
Panzer Group Afrika~15th Panzer Division~[/i]

I spare no class or cult or  creed,
My course is endless through the year.
I bow all heads and break all hearts,
All owe homage-I am Fear.

-------------General Patton

Offline YANKEE

• Copper Member
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2000, 12:22:00 PM »
Rip,

I am so sorry that I touched a chord close to your heart.  

I'll buy you a beer at the con whether you're standing upright or not.  

Yankee

BTW - love the pic!

------------------
JoAnn "Yankee" Colcleasure
General Manager
HiTech Creations
"The road to success is always under construction."

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2000, 12:35:00 PM »
I am disappointed with any general manager of a company that tells someone "one more dead braincell and you're a talking monkey" then offers to buy him a beer.

Trying to prove a point?

AKDejaVu

Offline YANKEE

• Copper Member
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2000, 12:47:00 PM »

Let's clarify....

I did not call Ripsnort a talking monkey. That statement was directed towards a specific person who, I felt, completely deserved the bashing.

You gonna help me out here Rip??  

Yankee

------------------
JoAnn "Yankee" Colcleasure
General Manager
HiTech Creations
"The road to success is always under construction."

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2000, 12:51:00 PM »
Please don't use facts to cloud the issue here.  I don't apreciate it at all!  I AM THE CUSTOMER DAMMIT!

Ya think Rip isn't replying because someone already bought him a beer?

AKDejaVu

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2000, 12:55:00 PM »
Hehehe, yes, concur she used that line on someone else, but it generically included alot of AH folks!  

Homer: 'MMMMmmm...Beeeeer..."

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2000, 01:06:00 PM »
ROFLMAO!
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2000, 01:31:00 PM »
Isn't Sympathy between toejam and Syphilis in Webster's Dictionary? Thought so.

IMO if all Macboy has to fret and squeak about is WB vs. AH then his life must be pretty good.

-CyberPilots have bigger Joysticks-

------------------
You can kill me can't ya?
<================================>
<< MILENKO >>
<===THE ASSASSINS===>Webpage
Original ASSASSINS webpage
Bogies on my six!