Author Topic: BoB in the CT this Weekend!  (Read 821 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
BoB in the CT this Weekend!
« on: March 22, 2002, 12:48:50 AM »
"Never before...have so many owed so much to so few."

By popular demand, the CT is proud to present "The Battle of Britain." This is essentially a war of attrition, with the simplest of victory conditions...whichever side destroys more enemy aircraft over the course of the week wins! This will be determined by examining the tour stats and simply counting up the number of each aircraft type destroyed. We are providing each side the basic means to allow base capture, not as a determination of victory, but as a means to tactically influencing the battle. Because the field layouts make it impossible to prevent ground vehicle spawning, it won't be easy to capture contested bases. The normal v1.09 strat system will be disabled, as this terrain lacks the essential elements to make it run (trains and convoys). Field object rebuild time will be set to approximately 20 minutes, except for hangers which will remain at 15 minutes.

NOTE: PLANES WILL NOT BE ENABLED AT CAPTURED FIELDS. Thus, capturing enemy fields gives your side a refuel and re-arm point, but will not provide a jumping off point to continue your advance. Hence, capturing fields is mostly a case of denying the enemy a base of operation.

Radar: Dot-dar and bar-dar will be set to 50 miles, with radar detection altitude from 500 feet and up. Update rate will be once a minute.
Icons: CT normal (short)
Fuel-burn rate modifier: 1.3
Fleet re-spawn time: Two hours (so be careful with them!)

Order of Battle -

Great Britain

Bases: All bases and ports on the British Isles, three CV battle groups (CVBG)
Aircraft/vehicles: Spit-I, Hurricane-I, TBM (generic strike aircraft), C-47, M-8, M-3 available at all land bases. Hurricane-I, LVT(2), PT available from CVBG. PT available from ports.

Germany
Bases: All bases on continental Europe, plus one CVBG (no A/C enabled).
Aircraft/vehicles: Bf109E-4, Bf110C-4b, Ju88, C-47, M-8, M-3 available from all land bases. LVT(2) and PT available from CVBG.

Sabre
CT Team
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2002, 01:42:36 AM »
Who's this Bob guy?

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2002, 01:51:13 AM »
We are providing each side the basic means to allow base capture, not as a determination of victory, but as a means to tactically influencing the battle.

Or adapt MA strat to the CT, or worse, a SEA event.

Why?

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2002, 02:17:05 AM »
Don't you remember from Twin Peaks? Bob is the essence of pure evil...Creamo is just a wannabe. ;)

kbman

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2002, 04:03:22 AM »
sounds interesting :)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2002, 04:47:25 AM »
Sounds Super Dilly Duper! :) WOW! S! WTG!

(I miss you more Funked, please stay away till everyone just learns their lesson in AH and you'll show them!
 Then bicycle repairman leads a your a squad to victory with your name in his sig and dedicates a great victory in a CT fur-ball debacle ½ mile strat separation CV battle for you... oh....my) This event will happen, flags will fly, widow's will chant "Funky!"

Sniff...
:(

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2002, 05:20:22 AM »
Sounds cool Sabre, ought to be fun (Creamo notwithstanding :) )
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2002, 05:23:02 AM »
:rolleyes:

missed your destiny Creamo? should be a writer or something :D
please post more... it's good reading... really briliant :cool:

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: BoB in the CT this Weekend!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2002, 08:15:07 AM »
I'll certainly be spending some time in the CT for this tour. Looks like it'll be a great deal of fun.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2002, 08:33:33 AM »
CV groups enabled? :confused:
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2002, 09:07:22 AM »
Ya know what?  It does sound very interesting.  I will most likely check it out.   I fear tho that the "shoot ourselves in the foot" mentality is oozing out of even this setup tho...  I mean.... what is with the make fields useless so that the slow early war planes have to fly twice or maybe even three times as far to get to a fight thing??

BOB is probly the only "historical" setup that can be fun and have parity.   The CT is the only place to really fly these planes right now...  you guys got an opportunity.   It has been handed to you on a silver platter..   Don't screw it up.
lazs

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2002, 10:36:20 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Ya know what?  It does sound very interesting.  I will most likely check it out.   I fear tho that the "shoot ourselves in the foot" mentality is oozing out of even this setup tho...  I mean.... what is with the make fields useless so that the slow early war planes have to fly twice or maybe even three times as far to get to a fight thing??

BOB is probly the only "historical" setup that can be fun and have parity.   The CT is the only place to really fly these planes right now...  you guys got an opportunity.   It has been handed to you on a silver platter..   Don't screw it up.
lazs

Actually, it's not a silver platter. We have a BoB 128X128mile  terrain that's being built right now, but isn't ready yet, so we're having to use this huge 512X terrain. Not quite practical and we know it. We hope this setup works on this big terrain, but the planes are shortlegged. We're doing what we can with what we got.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2002, 10:40:52 AM »
Hehe, speaking of BOB...anyone remember CK beta (Wb's early beta) where someone would start shouting BOB,BOB,BOB,BOB! then we'd all meet at 2 fields with Spits and 109's...ahhh, the old days...:)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2002, 10:42:03 AM »
Yeah, the island with the volcano to the south east was one field... I think like A7 was the other.. might of been A1 tho.
-SW

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2002, 11:40:03 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Hehe, speaking of BOB...anyone remember CK beta (Wb's early beta) where someone would start shouting BOB,BOB,BOB,BOB! then we'd all meet at 2 fields with Spits and 109's...ahhh, the old days...:)

Rip your the first person to mention the mini Bob's in a looong time.

It was in the southeast corner of the ck map B23/B24 I believe. Usually put on by a fella named Paul Hinds.. Voss.

It started out spits/109s.. but then progressed to any plane each side choosed.

Was a spontanious thing that happened about 2 or 3 times a week.. Great fun!