Author Topic: Alright You Wusses!  (Read 431 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Alright You Wusses!
« on: July 06, 2000, 03:12:00 AM »
The fight is taking shape.

In order to create a bit of order to the upcoming multi-player Luftwaffe/Allied duel, I've made a web page that I hope will keep track of the rosters etc.

ROE will be added when... well... when y'all sort it out. I just threw the names on the roster from what people have posted here. It is most likely innacurate. In fact - the whole damn thing is probably innacurate.

I don't know what exactly is taking shape here, but my preference would be to just include all the plane types available to the Allied and Axis forces. Screw the individual plane types vs plane types. Who's better - Allied pilots or Luftwaffe pilots?

Er... that being said, whatever y'all come up with, I'll make the changes. I just felt there should be some central location to house this thing. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, 'cause it's your show. Let me know which way ya want it to go, and I'll make it so.

Without further ado, here's the website

Please note - my HTML absolutely sucks (I dare ya to wade through the source code...a mess). Also - the page just disintegrates on Netscape. Please use <cough> Explorer.

-----Edit----
Er... I said Luftwaffe/Allied, when in fact I meant to say Luftwaffe/American. The duel started with 109's and 51's, and has expanded to FW-190's. I figured we could expand this futher to include the F4U's and 47's. Including *all* Allied planes would probably unbalance things. Again, it's whatever you guys decide.

[This message has been edited by Nash (edited 07-06-2000).]

JENG

Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2000, 04:52:00 AM »
WOW NASH VERY VERY COOL INTRO.... laughed my bellybutton of watching it...

Hope ya're gonna participate too    

One tiny thing do... nobody knows me as JENG my AH handle is BEE    [points to the sig below    ]

------------------
BEE(JENG)
=CO=II/JG2~Richthofen~
CLICK ->>> JG2 INFO

'Nemo Me Impune Lacessit'

[This message has been edited by JENG (edited 07-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by JENG (edited 07-06-2000).]

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2000, 05:07:00 AM »
Nash, You are way too talented

BTW---Why do I have to be a Woman?
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2000, 05:31:00 AM »
COOOL! LMAO Nash :-)

Ammo... i think its the heels, fishnet, a g-string dude.

-vlkn- puking

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2000, 10:46:00 AM »
That is truly funny!

(waiting for this quote to arrive in a film!)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2000, 10:53:00 AM »
<ammo is looking around the PC and around the room looking for hidden cameras>

naaahh, no way they can do that yet

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2000, 11:12:00 AM »
Nash.. yer ok; bud. Thanks.  

On the p51 side; open up the slots to at least 24.. 8 minimum will fly on duel day; but we'll need a heluva lot more on tap for training; mock matches and of course; on fight day; the best 8 to 16 of us will fly depending on what the FWA5 lufwallies contingient can get in the air.

I'd like to see the brits get a Spit group into training; and a combined allied wing of P51's F4u's; P38's and p47's and even spittys would be cool too.. (2 of each??) Mebbe the LW's might wanna up a similar 'combined type' wing to oppose them in a seperate fight...

On the luftwallies side; I'd suggest something similar; remember, Hristo's group will be in FWa5's.. not the 109's.

U go Nash..   Now; if we can just get Hristo to allow Icons and a 15k merge; we can start work on the rest of the ROE and begin training in the 'duel' enviornment.

Thanks again!!

"VOTE ICONS ON!!"

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2000, 11:18:00 AM »
A little off subject but, Nash, I challenged you a few days ago on the H2H ladder. Tried to email ya. Haven't heard from ya. Lets do the deed or call it off.   I've been stuck for over 2 weeks because of nonresponsive opponents.

Thanx bud,
hb

Offline Gorf

• Copper Member
Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2000, 11:22:00 AM »

Nash..incredible!  Don't know how many hours you put into that one!

WTG

Gorf

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2000, 11:35:00 AM »
Funny Site Nash! heh

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2000, 01:25:00 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys - I'm glad you like it!! I practically re-learned how to do HTML over again (after about 4 years), and it still seems pretty voodoo to me.

Hblair, ayup, I got the automated ladder email thing 2 days ago and look forward to our match. Don't worry, I aint gonna stand ya up. Last two nights it's been come home from work, drink, and do this damned website.  We'll run into eachother fairly soon I'm sure (it would suprise me if we didn't run into eachother in the next couple of days).

Now down to business.

"On the p51 side; open up the slots to at least 24.. 8 minimum will fly on duel day; but we'll need a heluva lot more on tap for training; mock matches and of course; on fight day; the best 8 to 16 of us will fly depending on what the FWA5 lufwallies contingient can get in the air." - Hang

Will do. But hmm.. if we get say, 12 interested 51 flyers, and 12 interested FW flyers, would it be ok to make this 12v12? Or do you want to put the limit at 8v8?

Also, do you want to limit this to FW190-A5 vs P-51? Or make it all Luftwaffe vs American iron? I just think there's somethin' more attractive about making this Nation vs Nation over the technical plane type vs plane type. Hristo said "Luftwaffe pilots are better", not "109's are better". Whatever you decide though - I'll make the change, and wont bring it up again.

When you get the ROE, date etc. fleshed out, I'll incorporate that.

Also, for both you and Hristo, if you schedule any training times or wish to make any announcements to your side, or want *anything* posted on that site to help facilitate this, just let me know.

I can also take care of the rosters and help direct interested people to their respective commanders (Hang/Hristo).

In my experience, it's much easier to get registrants when you have a firm date. People just don't know if they can commit to anything otherwise. I would just pick a day roughly 3 weeks from now (Sat/Sun 3pm EST seems to be fairly compatible with the US/Europe crowd). Three weeks should give you plenty of time to iron out the ROE, get everyone settled in, and do training.

I think that's it for now.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2000, 01:40:00 PM »
if its 3 weeks from now i cannot play, i was figuring practice and roe could be settled this weekend, and the match could be next weeken. but if this isnt possible i understand and i wish both sides well  

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2000, 01:57:00 PM »
I would be happy to lead the P47 group.

Yeager

------------------

[This message has been edited by Yeager (edited 07-06-2000).]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2000, 03:12:00 PM »
I was just tossin' a date out there Zig - it aint up to me. Next weekend might be what the guys have in mind, I don't know. One thing fer sure, it's summer now so my guess is that no date will be workable for everyone.

The way I see it, Hang and Hristo are the ring leaders here. It's up to them to decide the date, agree on the ROE, agree on what planes/pilots participate and who leads the flights. etc. etc.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Alright You Wusses!
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2000, 04:31:00 PM »
Oops just noticed I'm in the 109 group. Stick me in the 190 group man :-)