Author Topic: inflight radar/darbars opinion poll from the Aces High Players  (Read 2536 times)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
inflight radar/darbars opinion poll from the Aces High Players
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2001, 01:34:00 PM »
Not really, the answers to all of your asinine statements are already in this thread.

When you learn the fundamentals of reading and comprehension, I will take my time to reply to you.

Until then, it just FEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSS good!
-SW

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2001, 01:38:00 PM »
Give me a break... You oppose the Not having DAR beause you need it... FACE IT... YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE THAT NEED TO LOOK AT THE CLIPBOARD AND RUN TO THE NEAREST RED SECTOR.

Me too. Thats where the fight is.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2001, 01:43:00 PM »
Creamo;
Would you settle for an arrow pointing towards the nearest Chute?

:)

eskimo

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2001, 01:50:00 PM »
You need it too eh creamo?... whys that?

you need the information relayed to you by means of some NORAD Ground/sky/GPS tracking of all planes/craft in general of the war?... AND IN A WWII Environment?????

wow.. I guess  You guys would rather Aces go the way of gamey type, instead of realistic simulation.

-Wulf hehe still havent answered the question have you? hmm.. not much thought is required on this ... but I guess even it is over your head..

I relate your logic to your GENIOUS statement of...

"I have a 56K modem.... Im not going to download it"

LOL that sums it up.. You talk a great deal.. and DO nothing to back any of the crap that flows from your mouth.

You must be for ANTI accomplishment aren't you Wulf.. hehe YOU FEAR CHANGE dont you..

maybe mommy and daddy sheltered you through your life, and now are afraid to do anything/see anything change.. oh well
youll get out of your shell one day.

haha you are funny  :D

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2001, 01:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:
DMF I would like to point, however, that there are far fewer people in one category as opposed to another category.

Which is fine when comparing differences of means.  It's very rare that you'll have equitable numbers between comparison groups in any real statistical analysis.  Most research tends to analyze subsets of a sample against the main sample mean itself, so you're going to have a smaller number compared to a larger number.

What this means is, more people that voted FOR removal of in flight radar flew more than the average person that wants to keep in flight radar according to this "poll".

You should pick this up via the standard error, which measures sampling fluctuation (it's the square root of the variance of the mean).  A difference of means test should take into account large sampling fluctuations between groups regardless of the actual mean score.  Another way to check is to examine differences in the standard deviations of the two groups... 45 vs. 57.  One standard deviation above and below the sample mean represents about 68% of all scores in the sample.  So 74.28 hours +/- 45.56 hours includes 68% of all respondents in favor of in-tower radar only.  Comparatively, 78.9 hours +/- 57.68 hours includes 68% of all respondents opposed to in-tower radar only.

That's really not a very large difference.

However, one caveat.  The sample size is so small (n < 40, where 40 respondents is usually considered the minimum threshhold for each group let alone both combined) that it's possible we'll never observe statistically significant differences between the two groups.  Let's beef up the numbers and see where that leads us.   :)

-- Todd/DMF

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
Outstanding DMF!

Zippatuh

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2001, 01:58:00 PM »
I see what you mean DMF.

DeeZ, you still fail on comprehension. Try again, and if you still fail to understand anything anyone says I will continue to stamp the word "ignorant" into your forehead.

All the answers you seek, I have stated before. I will not repeat myself for the umpteenth time to you just so you will continue to read what you want and turn my words around.

Your ignorance abounds you, discussing anything rationally with you is pointless and you will never quite grasp the concept of reading things through and understanding what is being said to the point that it doesn't need to be repeated ad nauseum.
-SW

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2001, 01:59:00 PM »
DMF, arguing logic with SW is interesting. You can be completely right, only thing is, he has no clue it's thataway!

:D

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by hblair:
DMF, arguing logic with SW is interesting. You can be completely right, only thing is, he has no clue it's thataway!

Funny Hblair, same can be said of you. Interesting.
-SW

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2001, 02:03:00 PM »
"The radar system is unrealistic and dweeby and the only reason we even remotely need it is for newbies".

"Now a vote: Do you want to see in-flight dar go away, or are you an unrealistic dweeby newbie."

One side of the argument has already been branded.  No ammount of sampling will give you an accurate portrayal of preference because it is being skewed by potential ridicule.

Basically, the lemming factor will take over.

AKDejaVu

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2001, 02:05:00 PM »
You are eerily similar to my wife. <gulp> Your last name isn't blair is it?

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2001, 02:07:00 PM »
^ that was directed to SW, Deja's my buddy now.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2001, 02:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by hblair:
You are eerily similar to my wife. <gulp> Your last name isn't blair is it?

I could say something in response to this, but I fear you will turn it around to say that I am insulting your wife.

Bringing family members into a discussion between two people who do not like each other is the greatest ingredient for more build up of angst.

You should of known that, but perhaps that was your intention. To give you the upper hand.

Keep it coming Hblair, you are only confirming what I thought you were long ago.
-SW

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2001, 02:08:00 PM »
for

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2001, 02:12:00 PM »
lol Wulf you are a very sad with all your close minded ways /possible upbringing?

Oh well you are set in your ignorant ways, no changing that..

you are one of those that say "it cant be done" types lol

I hope that the dar is changed to somehting more realistic... Oh your whining will shine throughout the threads lol

hehe till then lamo  :D