Author Topic: inflight radar/darbars opinion poll from the Aces High Players  (Read 2538 times)

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
inflight radar/darbars opinion poll from the Aces High Players
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2001, 02:13:00 PM »
Eski- thanks for the kind words.

DMF- nice posts and responses.  Thanks for giving us some substance.  Hope people are able to pick up the signals in the middle of all the noise.

DeeZcamp- please don't confuse the issues.  It's not a realism vs. game play issue.  It's a game play vs. game play issue.
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2001, 02:13:00 PM »
DeeZ, your head is so far up your bellybutton you must be staring at your tonsils.
-SW

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2001, 02:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo:
Give me a break... You oppose the Not having DAR beause you need it... FACE IT... YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE THAT NEED TO LOOK AT THE CLIPBOARD AND RUN TO THE NEAREST RED SECTOR.

Me too. Thats where the fight is.

hehe!  something about this reply was just hilarious!!   :D

btw, I'm against total lack of inflight radar in the MA.  The MA is about fun, for everyone.  Removing inflight dar removes the fun for some people.  If you want no inflight dar settings, fly in the historical events.

I am for a compromise.  NOE flights off dar until 5-10 miles from a base (includes both dar and bar;  yes, I realize this has nothing to do with inflight.)  Inflight...  bars definitely stay (with the aforementioned NOE flights not on it.)  Dots can stay, but shouldn't be realtime.  They update once a minute or something of that nature, perhaps only the enemy dots within 25mi of your nearest base showing up on your inflight (your squadmates should always be on dot dar, IMO.  Sometimes they're in a situation where they can't type their location to you.)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2001, 02:26:00 PM »
SW- meant to say thanks for arguing so valiantly for the "pro-dar" group.  Don't have a heart-attack because of it though.  Need you flying in the MA!  :)

C'mon guys, let's stop with the personal attacks and instigation.  The more noise there is, the more distraction, the less everyone will hear the substance.
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2001, 02:28:00 PM »
"DeeZcamp- please don't confuse the issues. It's not a realism vs. game play issue. It's
                     a game play vs. game play issue. "

I'm impressed... in 3 short sentences dtango has cut right to it... well said.. very pithy.
lazs

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2001, 02:30:00 PM »
Wulfy needs little gamey options dont choo wulfy wulfy... LOL

I bet that soon youll be also wanting other gameplay options like Auto-aim, Dar with range info, and eventually Sidwinders lol

<S> wulfy the elite of empty minds  :D

If anyone has their head up somewhere hehe.. YOUR the ONE  :D  

WULF FEARS CHANGE and the possiblity of making a GAME more like a SIM .

Dont worry WULF I am sure HTC will appease to the non-simmer in you  :D  ... You know FOR GAME PLAY concessions LOL  :rolleyes:

:eek:

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2001, 02:33:00 PM »
DeeZ, here I'll give you two free clues. The rest you have to buy.

Clue #1) I was against the addition of padlock.

Clue #2) I was against the addition of combat auto-trim.

I do not use either of those, yet they are both what you would call "gamey" options.

YOu don't even know what "realism" is, it's just a cute buzzword you learned and you use since you seem to think it agrees with you on every issue you wish to promote as being "better".

It's obvious your cognitive abilities are underdeveloped.

Now I am flying Rook this tour, better check your 6!
-SW

[ 08-01-2001: Message edited by: SWulfe ]

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2001, 02:34:00 PM »
hiya all:

not sure if I really want to set in here, but I'm here now. gee where to start.

Ok, the radar is needed to help out the new people, the new people are needed to help build the community, the community has to grow to help the people at HTC's pay there bills, the people at HTC's have to pay there bills so they can contuine to upgrade the sim, the sim has to keep upgrading so that the poeple that are here will stay longer, the poeple that are here have to stay longer to help out the new people, the new people need the radar to help them find the fights.

does any of that make any sence, I'm not really sure.

Now the only people that should be taking any polls are the people at HTC's. the best way that I can think of for them to take a poll. is to send it out by e-mail to all there paying customors and then wait for the e-mails to come back. they can givbe a dead line as to when the answered polls have to be back by. now that is how a poll should be done. it is private, you can answer how ever you fell and nobody can say a thing to you abought your answer. unless you want to tell people how you answered. then you open yourself up to attack. and yes, if you where to tell people how you voted, you would be in for a fight now matter witch way you voted.

I do beleive that this is one of the things that should be left to the people at HTC's to take care of. let them decide what kind of changes should be made with out all the in community fighting. there are so many other things for the community to fight over. leave the changes in how the game is set up for HTc's to make.

And I'm not saying how I would vote.   :p

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2001, 02:39:00 PM »
Thanks Dtango. Don't worry about the heart attack thing, the way I express myself may seem like I'm fuming but I know of no other way to express myself. It would be much easier to understand me face to face, although my language is much filthier.   ;)

As for the instigation and personal attacks, well DeeZ just follows me around like a trained pup waiting for me to comment on something so he can call it gamey or whatever suits his mood. Hblair has decided to take it upon himself to exchange verbal assassinations with me, although he ironically called me out for the way I express myself a few weeks/months ago. The irony and double standards that abound situations like this is probably what keeps me going.    :)
-SW

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2001, 02:41:00 PM »
lol yeah I better check it.. haha Nothing to fear from you lol Because It will be clear.  :D

its pretty funny how you are against certain items that would dictate an unreal implementation, but on this issue you are crying like a girl because your precious (needed) radar bar is/might be taken away.

Oh gosh... to Think you may have to actually go Find a fight be means of naviagtion or hearsay... lol

maybe its the red color that amazes you? are you are drawn to the Big red bar??... haha.. or even better yet.. YOU look to it to know WHERE NOT TO FLY.

You wouldnt want to have to alter a mission due to your plans being spoiled lol after finding that you wound up in enemy territory with a group of un-forseen cons. lol

I guess you dont belive in the element of surprise  :rolleyes:

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2001, 02:42:00 PM »
SW, did you say something about my wife?!?

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2001, 02:49:00 PM »
I have my colors set to custom. A deep blue and deep purple. Neither are easy to see, I like to make things more difficult for myself.

But to artificially make something more difficult because you THINK that's the way it would be while you fail to realise that the concession is there for a lack of radar operators and voice communications with those very same radar operators is absurd.

And to say that I need radar because I can not fly or fight is equally absurd and rediculous. I think this film will show you that I am not what you think I am. In fact that absurd statement you said about me trying to dodge fights applies to the very person who started this thread. The irony is absolutely hilarious.

There are many more films I have that are equally as good and will more than put you and what you believe of me to shame.

Your ignorance is outstanding DeeZ, if there was an emmy award for ignorance, you would win it.
-SW

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2001, 02:52:00 PM »
DeeZ, here is a comparrison of my fighter stats verse your fighter stats for Tour 18:

Me:
Kills / Deaths + 1 2.9091
Kills / Sorties 1.7349
Kills / Time online 0.0021  
Hit percentage 0.0793  
Points 17913.3178

You:
Kills / Deaths + 1 2.2045
Kills / Sorties 1.4058
Kills / Time online 0.0011
Hit percentage 0.0568
Points 13696.1265

My kills per death and my kills per sortie are above yours, and the most astonishing thing is, so is my kills per time which means I furball and live more.
-SW

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2001, 02:59:00 PM »
I like donuts.

Cobra
A vote for Radar Equipped Dunkin' Donuts is a vote for Democracy!

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »
LOL wulf I cant belive it... I dont think I would be saying it .. But I Agree with What Animal told me along time ago haha

Scores and rank completey mean nothing here lol

You must obviously play for the score and rank eh? hehe You know how many times I will respawn on a rwy and get shot just to have others waste their ammo on me? LOL

ALOT..

heres a Clue

IF I wanted to play for score I could Easily Attain my 4.5 or 5 k/d that I had during the first 30 or more sorties lol

I think its time for you to awake from that constant mental lapse  :D

Keep smokin up your Crops lol