Author Topic: Will you defend palestinians...  (Read 1868 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Will you defend palestinians...
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2002, 02:20:24 AM »
FWIW, I think Harry Truman screwed up big time getting us mixed up with the Israelis. (his old haberdashery buddy for god sake.) Regardless, we have gotten into the bad habit of leaving allies hanging, since the bay of pigs thing. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I think we have to hang in there with them, like it or not.  Honorable men can do no less.

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2002, 02:52:56 AM »
We're not the Golly-geened police, despite what the international media tells everyone.  We pick and choose our fights.

Personnally, I felt bad for the Palestinians, but their tactics erased what sympathy I had for them.

I don't much care for the Isrealis either.  They don't need our help of any kind.  After all the toejam that's been thrown at the USA these last few months, I wouldn't mind at all if the rest of the world turned to crap in a heartbeat.  Right now I would only jump to the defense of the UK, Japan, Germany, and France.  They're the only ones helping us, UK in particular.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2002, 02:59:42 AM »
Right now I would only jump to the defense of the UK, Japan, Germany, and France. They're the only ones helping us...

Wha...?

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2002, 03:10:20 AM »
Japan wipped out the checkbook to pay for some of this, and sent ships to the battle area despite thier own laws against getting involved in foreign wars.

Germany is hopping all over the hijackers backgrounds and getting information that's useful for us.

France has stopped several....several....attempt s to attack the US embassy in Paris.  France bashing may be a fad and a hobby, but in the real world they've been on top of anti-terror operations in their own country.  Don't tell me you forgot this already?  Its too bad this Zacharius Mousaoui death penalty thing is getting in the way now.

The UK....well, what hasn't the UK done to help?  The critisms that Blair is getting in the UK bothers me personally.  He's been world trotting and hand shaking with people on our behave, and gets flak for it from his own people.  Somebody has to stick up for him.

Actually, I ought to include Italy too, as they've also stopped several attempts at terrorism against US interests in their country.

This thread was started by Caligula, with the basic premis asking us Americans who are friends are?  Israel or Palestine?

My response may have been a bit vague, but let me rephrase it.

In my opinion Isreal is quite far DOWN on the list of USA allies.  I might even put Russia near or even above them, but not quite yet.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2002, 03:31:25 AM »
LtHans even mono-brain-celled tards know the last thing the US wants is Israel getting involved up front with the terrorist thing. Every measure was taken to keep Israel out of the Iraq thing, and I'm sure the same went for the Afghanistan.

I'm sure the Mossad had plenty of info for the US in the background :)

As for your friends, well, did the Israelis dance in the streets when the towers collapsed? Don't forget the majority of Al Qaeda are not Afghans, but Arabs and Palestinians.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2002, 06:56:23 AM »
N'Sync? N'Synch? Yah, well I'll apologize for N'Synch right after somebody apologizes for Celine Dion!   ;)

Easymo, I understand what you're saying about the US and allies, but THIS time I think the "Allies" just wish we'd turn a blind eye to the situation and go for a long walk while they do what they feel they have to do.

I don't think they WANT us around right now. Which is REALLY the reason we have to stay with it. Well, that and the fact that NOBODY else wants to get anywhere near this problem.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2002, 07:15:54 AM »
I don't like/dislike either one but it really doesn't matter.

What it comes down to is this..Both sides are highly religious and they both want the same holy lands so unless they learn to get along in the same place they will continue to kill each other.

Their hate for each other is so great that there is no way they can ever get along so.......

All we can do is to try and calm them down. I'm afraid all that is doing is prolonging the inevitable.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2002, 07:19:07 AM »
What's a Rollaid ?
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2002, 09:14:20 AM »
An ant-acid tablet used to get rid of gas in the belly.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Muslim Nations Won't Define Terrorism
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2002, 09:16:26 AM »
I'm disgusted with both sides over there.  

Something that really disturbs me however, is a sneaking suspicion that most Islamic countries really do at least accept, if not approve of terrorism to acomplish political goals. This piece describes how the representatives of 57 Islamic countries were unable to even define terrorism. How disingenuous is that?  

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,49322,00.html
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2002, 01:25:54 PM »
Toad. I'm getting those old Vietnam blues on this one.  Not sure we are rooting for the right side.  At the Arab conference They made an offer of historical perportions. If the Jews would pull back to their "67 boarders.  ALL the Arab states would recognize Israel, and normalize relations. If anyone but "the bulldozer" were Prime minister, this thing would probably be cooling down now.

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2002, 01:51:29 PM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
What's a Rollaid ?

Same effect as a Fart,

:D
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2002, 02:45:33 PM »
difference btwn the two posted pictures??

the color shot has women and children and old ppl while the b&w has adult males ...

can u figure out who killed who?

http://www.israeli-truth.org/Delfi/
can't understand a word at this site but the pictures tell it well enough for me ... :(
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Would they still want to blow us up...
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2002, 02:57:16 PM »
Originally posted by weazel
If we disowned that piss ant country Israel?

I doubt they would.

that's where I think you are wrong ...

I think we could throw the support to Palestine equal to what we are giving Israel now and the nutcase faction(s) causing the problems there today, would kill you or me given the 1st chance.

Don't the Palestines realize if they pushed for peace as hard as they push for chaos & murder, they'd drown in money and support thrown their way? I don't think they want it. I think they have been fighting so long they are brainwashed into hate, not knowing any reason but the fact they have been raised to hate.

There best chance is to go Ghandi on Israel, the media would eat it up and thus the world. BUT, it ain't gonna happen ...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2002, 03:29:34 PM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2002, 03:14:24 PM »
Right now I would only jump to the defense of the UK, Japan, Germany, and France.

ahhh, the irony of it all.  All the above were at one time our sworn enemies and now can be considered our closest friends.

Might be hope.  Doubt it, but there might be.

F.