Author Topic: Lamer Tech Response (I Think)  (Read 620 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Lamer Tech Response (I Think)
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2002, 08:01:54 AM »
Rude!, a firm winner here.

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2002, 08:11:38 AM »
Man you folks sure know how to read, half and half,  re-read my post , it's got nothing to do with my PC, mine runs flawless and could spit nails through concrete walls. My PIII 450 pulls almost the same FPS as a 1gb chip.

I don't have problems, period.

~A

Originally posted by bloom25
FT_Animal, I have two computers with AH on them.  They are 40 miles away from each other, one gets an excellent connection to the MA at all times, the other has been having problems recently.  The moral of the story is that it may very well be YOUR computer or ISP to blame.  Judging by HTs post, he thinks this is the case.

From past experience with HTC, I can tell you they generally do their absolute best to help people.  Do you know that HT actually wrote a special modified version of AH to help track down a problem one person was having?  (Ask Easymo. :) )  I have NEVER heard of any other company doing that.  Obviously HTC believes the problem is on your end and sent you an e-mail saying that if you canceled your account by the 24th you would not be charged for the next month.  Yes, that seems a little blunt, but what else can they do?

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2002, 08:15:18 AM »
PFFFFFFt

Originally posted by Kieran

Right. Then perhaps you might have considered that before writing a post that basically was adversarial from the get-go. While you say you think there may be more to it (as in, you didn't know HTC's side), you sure didn't have any trouble slinging the mud or telling them how to handle a situation you know relatively little about.

If you really have worked tech support before you know what it is like working with people. You HAD to have listened to your friend with a bit of skepticism if you were using your head at all. You read the boards? How often do you see a "HTC isn't fixing my problem, nor do they care!" post. Don't answer that, we both know that seldom happens. Conclusion? In all likelihood the situation isn't as your friend painted it. HT's post backs that up to me, because I have gone to them for customer support and have never been let down or been spoken to as if I didn't matter.

You know, I could just as easily start some rumors about you and start hitting the board, back it up with no evidence and start telling people how you should behave. Wouldn't that be great? Nope. But hey, who knows, maybe this was just a troll...

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2002, 08:35:16 AM »
Originall Posted by FT_Animal
Personally HT doesn't like me, personally, there are reasons, but he doesn't, OTOH he doesn't stop me from flying *their* game either

What a troll... Guess this explains why this didn't end up on the "Tech Support" or "Help" Pages.
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=394796#post394796
A lot of people came over from AW. Only a few thought that long terms in AW earned them some sort of passport in AH. :rolleyes:
-Sikboy
« Last Edit: April 11, 2002, 08:50:03 AM by Sikboy »
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2002, 08:44:01 AM »
And by the way it wasn't directed directly at HT himself, just the general Tech Support response

Make no mistake Animal. When you flame any part of this community or company you flame me directly.

So far in general , you have insulted everone and almost everything involved in AH.

Most times when only 1 person is trying to maintain his position and everyone else is against him , it's not everyone else that is wrong.

And far as community goes, I vividly rember posting to your community a simple "Greets all" This was the entire post and it got well over 200 responses. If my memory servers you were the only one to flame me.

So now if you are the community, what light does it show on it?

FT_animal:
You can either make  lots of friends here, or lots of enemys, it's your choice.

And btw the % of AH that are X AW is much smaller than you think.

HiTech

Offline Dawvgrid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2002, 08:47:26 AM »
Man you folks sure know how to read, half and half, re-read my post , it's got nothing to do with my PC, mine runs flawless and could spit nails through concrete walls. My PIII 450 pulls almost the same FPS as a 1gb chip.

Yes yes I figured that out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I once had a friend,who had this nasty itch in the groin;),he went to see the doctor all by himself,he didn`t need a friend to represent him.
I just wonder why it is you >pointing finger< ,speaking your friends case?,and getting worked up like that.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2002, 08:49:19 AM »
HT:"And btw the % of AH that are X AW is much smaller than you think."

Well, unless you go back to where alot of us old foggies got our feet wet, as in DOS AW, then again, FT Animal was probably watching Fred Flintstone and eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches back then! :eek: :)

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2002, 09:02:24 AM »
ROFL

ya ok. Ya know I'll bring him in here, I was actually sparing you some greif by me posting it, but since you insist, you deal with it.

Again all defence no facts. Wait until you have to defend against him. lololol you really are a glutant for punishment aren't you.

he's all your pal, better grow some thick skin. ;-)

Upset< me? lol I don't think so. If this is a flame I am very disappointed.

Animal (FT)

Originally posted by Dawvgrid
Man you folks sure know how to read, half and half, re-read my post , it's got nothing to do with my PC, mine runs flawless and could spit nails through concrete walls. My PIII 450 pulls almost the same FPS as a 1gb chip.

Yes yes I figured that out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I once had a friend,who had this nasty itch in the groin;),he went to see the doctor all by himself,he didn`t need a friend to represent him.
I just wonder why it is you >pointing finger< ,speaking your friends case?,and getting worked up like that.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2002, 09:13:53 AM »
Originally posted by FT_Animal

Ooooh, it's da pit bull... I think this might be the mysterious "4th Stunta"
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Dawvgrid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2002, 09:15:03 AM »
If this is a flame I am very disappointed.
well not exactly,,I was just wondering.Wait until you have to defend against him Just bring in the beast:D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2002, 09:18:22 AM by Dawvgrid »

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2002, 09:21:23 AM »
AW ?

ohhh yes ... Air Warrior :)

I heard of this sim when I 1st  started playing AH :D

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2002, 09:28:05 AM »
Wow, AH support REALLY needs to be more like EA's :)

3-4 serious support efforts involving the owners/programmers... wow. And, if after this time that person wants to leave because he can't connect and HTC helps him do that, then what's wrong with that? Should HT go out to his house and spend a couple of days troubleshooting? If he can't connect he SHOULD leave until he figures out what's wrong, unless he has money to burn. Prehaps HTC should be more like AOL in this regard, where even canceling a credit card doesn't work all the time.

The problem is likely not at HTC servers since, even though there are some generic problems, this seems more an individual ISP or home setup issue because a great many can connect with no problem. That's up to him to solve in the end, with reasonable help, of course.

Speaking of which I just, as in yesterday (I hope), solved a problem that kept me from flying more than 6-8 minutes without a disconnect, that has plagued me since January when I moved into my new house. I'm ATT too, and it wasn't in their system, it wasn't in my computer -- it was in the radio shack splitters the previous owner used to wire the house for cable (ATT is finally offering some fair service by the way, but you have to be prepared so they cant pass the ball off without checking in depth. You also need to ride them a bit to get the level 3 support to authorize a qualified trpoubleshooting visit. Ping Plotter can help a lot).

As for AW community... For me that "special" community ended with the move to AOL. There was nothing like a early Sat. morning in SVGA FT, with all of 6 people logged and no milkrunning or even vulching (didn't want anyone to get pissed and leave the fight after all :)) By Gamestorm and the big pork PAC it was a different game with a different crowd. [Edit: After a lot of initial whining, I finally] left before EA shut down because of the community. The AH community is just fine, especially compared to what else is out there in the multiplayer universe.

Charon
« Last Edit: April 11, 2002, 09:50:12 AM by Charon »

Offline Smut

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2002, 09:43:37 AM »
Originally posted by FT_Animal
I don't have problems, period.

Think again, sub-dweeb.

-Smut

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2002, 10:16:58 AM »
The patience you guys have with nutjobs is incredible HT. My hats off to ya.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2002, 12:11:15 PM »
Animal, I think you need to re-read my post.  What I'm trying to tell you is that your ISP could be to blame. Have you tried seeing if the problem is still there with a different ISP?  I was TRYING to help you and I end up being flamed...

If you have a winmodem (and especially if it uses USB) you should try a different driver version.

There is very little HTC can do for you directly besides giving you similar advice.  HT has already told you he believes a firewall is to blame.  What more do you expect from him?

I won't even get into the 450 Mhz vs "1 gb" [did you mean GHz?  gb would indicate gigabit, meaning you are describing a memory chip] thing.  There are many variables besides processor clock speed [video card, resolution, monitor refresh rate, memory type and speed, drivers, operating system, graphics settings, DX version, background processes, fragmented harddrive, etc] which can account for this.  If you really were a member of AW techsupport, I think you really should know that.  If you didn't, you are perfectly qualified to work for AOL techsupport. :D