Author Topic: Things shown on TV  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Things shown on TV
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2002, 09:35:03 PM »
Somehow, I don't think the word 'slaughter' is appropriate.

I know if a neighboring country invaded my hometown, and fighting had been ongoing for more then a few hours, I'd be somewhere else (or fighting back).

Offline samu1

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.sammu01.clara.net
Things shown on TV
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2002, 10:36:16 PM »
I can't remember how many times I've read these Middle East threads (too bloody many), and in none of them have I ever seen a concensus of view or a vague hint of a conclusion. For me, that says it all about this conflict, unresolvable as long as there are two sides involved. I'm guessing that this thing will drag on until either one, or both sides realises that this thing will only be resolved when one side is out of the equasion. Permanently, and if the last 50 years is anything to go by my money's on Israel. ( I wonder if William Hill will take bets on it?? :P)

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Things shown on TV
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2002, 10:46:34 PM »
hehe if cnn is the comunist news network what is FOXnews faciast organization experiment?

im on the left for shure but fox seems more outlandish in its one sided support of a ideaology. took it off my favorites on the satilite after one particularly bad screaming session by the blond dude that wont let anyone to the left of el duce talk.

yes im a democrat but damb id be pissed it they talked about conservitives on cnn the way the talk about democrats/liberals on fox.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Things shown on TV
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2002, 03:39:40 AM »
Originally posted by StSanta
Sometimes I wonder whether the culture coming from the middle east differs vastly on the area of war/enemies.

In Europe, we've fought two world wars. Both times, the Americans have been drawn in. In the latest bout, it took the combined effort of the 'free world' to destroy an unequaled tyranny.

Yet here we are, 60 years laters, all pals. Sure, Danes will make jokes about the German tourists who make bunkers on our beaches to protect themselves from the wind, but it stays like that. There's no hatred between nations.

Denmark and Sweden were at war for some 142 years since the 1300's. That's pretty much I think, yet today the worst punches that are thrown are usually over soccer games or which beer is the best.

What I am saying is that with some exceptions, reconciliation has been possible in Europe.

Yet in the middle east, this seems to be utterly impossible.We see very little reconciliation. Afghanistan is a big maybe, today it's very polarized and divided between tribal lines.

I wonder if there exists a culture of reconciliation in thje middle east as there is in Europe. Before such a one is in place, I cannot see how there can be peace at all.

yep and since we french don't hate any more the Germans we have learned to hate the Danes ;)

Oups ... sorry boss my bad :D

Offline Dawvgrid

• Nickel Member
Things shown on TV
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2002, 05:48:21 AM »
,,And we got this french guy,who is married to our Queen,,,,,,,
we love to hate him:D ,,,,
Also we hate the Brit`s,they stole our fleet,,,,195 years ago,just
because wew bet on the wrong horse,,,FRANCE
;)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Things shown on TV
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2002, 08:37:21 AM »
Pretty damned stupid to bet on the French, I'd say.

We pay for the sins of our forefathers...:D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Things shown on TV
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2002, 12:31:01 PM »
Originally posted by moose
My opinion is that the US should completely remove ties from the entire region.

That way we cant be blamed (like we usually do) for what happens.

Personally I think Israel instigates most of this.

Agreed, but to become an isolationist carrys a price too (See USA isolationism from 1936, when Japan invaded Burma til Dec. 1941)

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. :(

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
Things shown on TV
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2002, 02:14:14 PM »
Aggreed.

The big problem is that,if America choose to pull out of there,and let these maniacs run loose,on a few years they`ll have nukes.
And that`s a big diddlying mess.
Do You think someone who would strap bombs on their own kids would care about the consequences of a nuklear war?

They must be crushed before it`s too late!!!!!

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Things shown on TV
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2002, 03:13:09 PM »
They must be crushed before it`s too late!!!!!

You're starting to sound like a blood-crazed genocidal maniac. Ironically, you sit on the side lines thousands of miles from the 'action', while many Israelis in the thick of see Sharon's methods as counter-productive and ultimately destructive.

Your comments would be consistent with those of a 20 year old Israeli girl who had a leg blown off in a suicide attack. But they are not - I happened to see such an interview. She showed more sense and reason in 50 words than you've displayed in a thousand.

She's the one with the artificial leg, yet she saw peace could not come from violence.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
Things shown on TV
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2002, 03:49:16 PM »
Let me guess..You think Chamberlain was a good leader too.
Peaceloving....true...but failed to see where the setuation was really heading.
It`s very shameful and disappointing how things are these days,but shoving the head in sand and waiting for things to sort out by themselves just doesn`t work.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Things shown on TV
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2002, 10:29:59 AM »
Hmmm.  Aid workers and media still not allowed in Jenin.

bbc -- > "Our correspondent said any buildings still standing were marked with gunfire. "

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Things shown on TV
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2002, 02:28:16 PM »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2002, 02:48:20 PM by Thrawn »

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
Things shown on TV
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2002, 03:25:39 PM »
Number of dead still not clear,and no massgraves found yet.
It sure looks horrible,but that`s war.They chose to fight in the city to the last man.They got what they wanted,and their civilians paid the price,just like in any other war.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Things shown on TV
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2002, 03:29:02 PM »
Originally posted by ~Caligula~
They chose to fight in the city to the last man.They got what they wanted,and their civilians paid the price,just like in any other war.

Who is this they.  The Palastinian refugges?  They wanted to fight to the last man?  What's given you this idea?

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
Things shown on TV
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2002, 06:41:25 PM »
They said so