Author Topic: Teamwork, do you care?  (Read 605 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2002, 09:24:55 AM »
For the most part I get my fill of teamwork in our squad time. TOD's rock, and teamwork there really counts. Been getting some lately in the CT, been some great flying in the current setup. Brady

So when I'm up in main I'm looking for 2 or 3 good kills, and perhaps the chance to match up against one of the really good pilots. Perhaps a good vulch or maybe a nice long pony chase.

That does't mean I won't help out if someone I know asks for help. But I won't do it because some general is pounding on the radio about it.

First rule is don't tell someone else how to play the game.

Second rule is respect and consideration for all.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2002, 10:59:02 AM »
Originally posted by lazs

I see more fluffs and GV's and PT boats and gunners than ever before. A lot of the more timid guys are doing the easy things....

Why do you continue to have a one-dimensional, myopic, and condescending attitude towards anyone that doesn't play the "game" the same as you ?

We use GVs alot, and I can assure you that no one in the MAW is "timid". GVs, IMO, are now playing an important role in the game, for those of us that like to take bases. Labeling people that use any vehicle besides a plane as "timid" and are opting for something that is "easy" is wrong.

Originally posted by lazs

furballs are everchanging. the combos are allmost infinite. I thought you would have known this by now. I also would agree with you that new guys that will eventually be good ALL start out in furballs. You can't learn how to fight if you don't strain your abilities and SA. Caution and timidity only lngthen the learning curve.

The WHOLE game is completely dynamic, operative word being "WHOLE". I have only been flying since January (never flew any sim prior) and I think at this point, I can hold my own, and it WAS NOT ALL due to furballing. Furballing is like shooting fish in a barrel. A target rich environment where it is NOT HARD to find some unsuspecting plane that would be easy to shoot down. If I need perk points, I simply up in an F6F or a F4U-1 off a carrier and BnZ  'till my hearts content or get shot down by some guy that is doing the same thing as me. Can be boring at times.

I enjoy taking bases. That's what AH does for me, but I will not insult or label anyone that chooses to play AH otherwise. You should do the same.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2002, 01:58:53 PM »
Hey Slap,

Do me a favor and wing up with me tonight on a few BnZ's.

I need work on my fighter skills and I don't see Ice around much lately.

Meanwhile, I have been working on a few new mission's for Squad night.  I hope you don't value your score too highly!:D

Oh, and Lazs, does gooning count as a "No skill" aspect of the game. (No sarcasm here, really want to hear what you think)

I think goon drivers are some of the most resiliant pilots in the game. Flying NoE, for extended periods, in an ungunned plane made out of cardboard is gutsy in my book. (And not because I do it...cause I hate it)

But I have to admit, some of my most exciting moments have taken place in a goon. Just 2 days ago, I was trying to slip into a semi-capped base, and had to dodge 3 HO attempts from desperate enemy fighters just to make my drop. Great fun, even if most of the drunks got strafed.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2002, 02:34:24 PM »
Sure muck ... BUT Ice is a master at "BnZ". I have been watching/studying Ice for awhile now and still have a lot to learn.

Score !!! ... nah ... not a concern (It all starts over on May 1st). Missions and taking bases ... ready, willing, and able.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CDR Akira

• Copper Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2002, 02:39:48 PM »
I have to agree majic.

teamwork is the best............

sometimes,you don't know if people might be playing allsides.

but I would choose teamwork.:cool: :) :cool:

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2002, 03:19:54 PM »
The Team work is what keeps me interested in AH, but There are times when I am lonewolfing it... I fly almost any plane that is offered, including GV's and whatever else is availible... I figure that if I understand the flight models of all the planes I will know how to fight against them sooner or later.. "Hopefully sooner"

Laz sounds like he should be back in AW! is amazing how someone can throw a wrench in every thread he posts too..
 Fortunantly we have freedom of speech and Lazs is doing what he is able to do..Speak what he feels..
 as long as you all pay your monthley dues to HT, Fly when, where, how, and what  you want to fly... And don't worry about
 what other people think, cause it aint ther business!!

Enjoy the "GAME"

T0J0

Offline majic

• Silver Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2002, 03:49:21 PM »
I've learned not to take the tone of Lazs' posts too seriously.  Beneath it all he has some good points.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2002, 04:38:27 PM »
shhhhhhh....

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2002, 04:54:47 PM »
I've read this point of view in various forms on this BBS...basically it requires no talent to furball. The real skill is in BnZ style fighting.
Ummm... that has nothing to do with my post.  I don't comment on BnZ vs Turnfighting... since that is solely preference based.  And the assumption that BnZ and Furballs are somehow seperate is somewhat ludicrous too.  Hell... BnZ is one of the best furball tactics you can use.

The point is... furballing is a good way to learn about the aircraft handling and gunning.  You turn.. dive... shoot at every angle.  It really helps you get a feel for the FM.

After a while though... many discover that doing the same thing over and over and over can get somewhat tedius.  Many look to get a little more out of the game and decide to try doing something else to add to their repretoir.  Some would call it moving on or maturing.  Well... most would call it that.

AKDejaVu

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2002, 05:03:03 PM »
Some would call it moving on or maturing. Well... most would call it that.

...others call it "arrogant".

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2002, 05:06:20 PM »
Not really kieren.  Maybe if I insisted that one aspect of the game was the only one that mattered.  It seems to be the primary squeak by most of the true complainers on this bbs.

Theres more to the game than some are willing to admit, acknowledge or explore.

Now.. check your definition of arrogance.

AKDejaVu

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2002, 05:19:10 PM »
Now there may be a point (connotation vs. derivation), but you must admit there is more to the AH world than the "One size fits all" mold all the advocates try to paint. People are complex and are motivated by their own combination of skills, conditions, mentality, etc., but assigning the "maturity" or "intelligence" cards is frought with peril- the connotation is overwhelmingly negative for either appelation.

Now, if you mean people will generally first furball, then learn the strat of the game- agreed. The learning curve is such that people will fly, then determine what matters in terms of "winning" a war.

Streakeagle summed up my category perfectly- want more, can't have more. Others may be burned out on the strat thing, etc. Some will decide it is a nice addition and pursue their learning in that area, yet some will say, "Nope, not for me". Again, maturity isn't the issue.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2002, 05:22:25 PM »
Again, maturity isn't the issue.
Maturity isn't always the issue.

If the game doesn't offer enough for you... then fine.  If you insist on playing just one aspect of the game then complaining about the rest of it... see above.

AKDejaVu

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2002, 05:25:27 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran

...others call it "arrogant".

Spot on sir .

I fly AH cause I like airplanes....nuff said. Don't care if I suck and never will. Some obviously feel their way is more mature.....
I remember kindergarden being really fun... I just don't know why someone would want to stay there for 3 years.

Now I'm sure you didn't mean to offend DV, but that is a little bit back handed don't you think?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2002, 05:34:44 PM »
Yep.. it is backhanded.

And it really only applies to one person I've seen post on this bbs.

AKDejaVu