Author Topic: Teamwork, do you care?  (Read 603 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2002, 06:52:04 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu
I remember kindergarden being really fun... I just don't know why someone would want to stay there for 3 years.

AKDejaVu

I don't remember doing you no harm, why bring my personal experiences into this post?

NUTTZ

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2002, 07:11:11 PM »
Sorry Nuttz... I should have added that it wasn't intended as a remark towards anyone that actually spent 3 years in Kindergarden. ;)

AKDejaVu

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2002, 07:42:25 PM »
Ah, I think I see where you're pointed now.

FWIW, if I had the time I would be one of the most strat-minded, squad-involved, play-all-the-time type of guys. I don't have the time, therefore I take out of the game what I can. I think Streakeagle was saying the same thing.

You know me, and you know I would never take away from any legitimate form of gameplay (legitimate as defined by HTC). Just different flavors, and variety is good. ;)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2002, 08:47:49 AM »
I can only go by my own experiances over the years.   Nothing I have done in sims holds my interest like huge amounts of planes all fighting it out.   I find strat and missions per se to be boring about 90% of the time.   I don't get anything out of the achieving the goal end of it.   A well planned one means  little or no action and a poorly planned one means getting gangbanged a long way from any help.    

GV's?  well... they would be fine if they fought each other but for the most part they are highly dependant on fighters to make their fun..  they simply wait around for a fighter to make their day.  same for fluffs ... killing fighters abilities is their only function.  they are totally dependant on fighters to make themselves useful.  

I will admit that I fly the planes I like badly or, wrong.   I fur with the -1a and get it low and slow.   I will admit that I fly it "mindlessly" as wlfgang so aptly points out.   The way I fly it tho I don't really have a lot of time to use my "mind".   I also admit that I can "think" my way thru to a much better K?D in the hog by simply using it's strengths and making sure that I have lot's of time to "think".   Problem is.... that get's boring real quick and fun wins out over my concern for my K/D.   I have reached a comprimise over the years... "ok, K/d is totally in the dumper...better be a triffle cautious the nest couple of sorties..."

As for me badmouthing someone else's gameplay.... Well gee fellas.... I didn't start this whine..  I'm not the one crying because "people aren't joining my missions waaaaa..."  I don't care how you fly but if you claim any special talent for teamwork and any lack of skill for gurballing I will be glad to point out how wrongheaded I feel that you are.
lazs

Offline majic

• Silver Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2002, 04:10:57 PM »
"I didn't start this whine.. I'm not the one crying because "people aren't joining my missions waaaaa..."

I've never posted a mission Lazs...reread the original post, it said nothing like that.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2002, 04:59:56 PM »
:) lazs

never fear.. I fly 'mindlessly' most of the time

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2002, 08:54:13 AM »
majic.. sorry.. I really didn't mean you per se.   You have been very tollerant.   I meant the "organized" threads in general and the "mindless furball" type of remarks.  
lazs

Offline majic

• Silver Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2002, 11:58:55 AM »
No hard feelings Lazs.

Offline ZXMAW

• Copper Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2002, 02:29:46 PM »
The game is set up for team play but that doesn't mean thats what you have to do here. Many pilots really don't care how much property a country has but how important that property is to them. If there is a shortage of bases or pilots on a side these guys will be the first to switch. It's kind of all about a persons character in a way. If you looked into a squad that worked as a team, lets say to take bases,  you might find they are some of the more friendly and respectful people in the arena. Guys who fly around just for themselves might be more arrogant and disliked here and in real life. The game is here for us all to have fun in our own ways even tho I would like to see more team cooperation.
Hblair came up w an idea I would love to see implimented by the Hitech boys. We have TOD, the combat arena and wild Wednesdays but there is nothing for us guys in large team oriented squads. The Arabian Knights, Assasins, Nightmares, Dickweeds, Flying tigers AVG and many more I'd like to mention. I believe these squads would love to see an arena where we could test our skills against some of the best out there. I know we're not to bad a squad and might be up to the challange. Basetaking would have to be part of it tho because thats a big part of the game. We take 120+ bases a month, maybe not the best, but not bad either.
Although his idea is good I think we need the programers to put it all together. There would be a lot at stake in the way of honor and pride and it could promote some bitter rivalry but all in good fun. Many squads might chicken out but a few of the best would come show their stuff.
BTW, whats the sense in being in a squad of 2 or 3 or even worse, a squad with more but don't fly together. It really makes no sense IMO to join a squad just to carry around a name. Join a squad to really do something and get a feeling of accomplishment and comerodery. Thats what I'm talking about! :)

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2002, 03:33:31 PM »
Well....  I'm just looking to have fun.   Somethimes 'my fun' is 'your fun' and sometimes it's not.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2002, 10:13:17 AM »
maw... I think that the organized squads are arrogant and ridgid and probly disliked in real life just as  they are disliked by everyone in the game.   The fun loving squads with no real goals are populated by fun loving guys who can think for themselves.
lazs
Public relations Officer for the BK's