Author Topic: Teamwork, do you care?  (Read 604 times)

Offline majic

• Silver Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« on: April 14, 2002, 01:19:38 AM »
Just wondering what people think.  When you play are  you just lookin for a furball, or a milkrun, or do you like to play the strat game and take bases?  Do Bish and Rooks do things different from Knights?  (I have the most fun when we are working as a team, what about you?)

Some thing else: It seems the more people online the less teamwork there is.  Is it too crowded in the MA?

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2002, 01:37:14 AM »
In my time in Aces High. I've been in all categories. When I started 2+ years ago, all I knew was fighters. I built my squad up with good fighter pilots. Before long, we got tired of doing just that, and started capturing fields. We got really good at it and did it a lot. There's no telling how many field capture missions I put in the planner. I got to the point where I got irritatated if countrymen were just furballing and not watching the big picture. Now I've come full circle. I'm back to just flying fighters. I don't give a rip about strat, although I understand other guys enjoy that. But when I log on now, I just grab a fighter and have fun. Being the general gets to the point to where you wonder if it's work or play. To heck with that. I just have fun these days.

As far as the countries go, they're all the same. Sure, you're going to have different personalities in each country which adds to the fun, but it's just different people in a game. rooks, bishes, and knights are no more evil than each other. My squad changed from rook to knight a few weeks ago after flying rook for 2+ years. We recieved a private message telling us how cowardly we are. Tell me that guy doesn't need a life. :)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2002, 04:36:53 AM »
Huh? Assassins Knight now? :)

I'm mostly a lone wolf, enjoy long range high altitude intruder flights aswell as low alt fights. Like it best up high though where you can fight with one or two people without getting jumped by ten of their friends or they getting jumped by ten of my friends.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2002, 08:32:02 AM »
I have been on base taking missions but don't really enjoy em.  With so many people and the bases so far apart it is mostly organized gangbanging.   I don't like being gangbanged and I don't like fighting for scraps so missions hold little appeal for me.  I also don't play for more than an hour or so at a time so overwhelming a few feilds is not that apealing.  I mean.... What's the point?

I like to find a fight between two fields that has a lot of planes involved and the numbers no too lopsided.   If I get killed or run out of ammo or fuel I can get back into the fight quickly in such a setup.  I like a lot of planes in the air at the same time from both/all three sides.   If there are a lot of planes involved you can usually sneak home too without 8 fast planes chasing you down before you get to your base.
lazs

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Re: Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2002, 09:02:44 AM »
Originally posted by majic
Just wondering what people think.  When you play are  you just lookin for a furball, or a milkrun, or do you like to play the strat game and take bases?  Do Bish and Rooks do things different from Knights?  (I have the most fun when we are working as a team, what about you?)

Some thing else: It seems the more people online the less teamwork there is.  Is it too crowded in the MA?

I like doing a bit of everything.

eskimo

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2002, 09:13:27 AM »
Originally posted by hblair
But when I log on now, I just grab a fighter and have fun. Being the general gets to the point to where you wonder if it's work or play. To heck with that. I just have fun these days.

Oh NO!

THEY'VE taken over hblair's mind TOO! THEY got HIM!

They're HERE! They're HERE!

I knew it! I knew it! THEY'RE already walking AMONGST US!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2002, 09:15:26 AM »
teamwork? because we both fly for knights doesn't mean we are on the same team.

when most folks talk about teamwork or better, organization, they are basical saying fly and attack what I say is more important. I dont care anything about resets but for some they seem to take it personally if they arent on the "winning" side. I have more fun when we are pushed near reset then gang raping the the last 2 rook bases.

Most field grabbers dont have a clue. And most of the guys on the country channel crying about "team work" arent the guys who can go in deack a field or level a town on thier own. Thats why they cry for teamwork.

You want teamwork convince folks to do the basics like check 6 calls and clearing 6's. Teach them how to drag so their country mates  dont have to bleed all their e to clear them. It doesnt take a team to cature a base. It doesnt take a team to gang bang 1 side until you reset them. Most gangbangers arent working as a team. They are fighting each other for easy kills.

I am only a part of 1 team, 3./JG2.

Offline majic

• Silver Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2002, 05:51:41 PM »
Wotan, I think you misunderstand me.  I don't want you to do anything but enjoy the game.  :)   I enjoy it my way, you enjoy it your way.  I just wanted to get some opinions.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2002, 06:03:59 PM »
:) thats my opinion not a criticism of how you fly. I dont know or care how anyone chooses to enjoy there game. If you have fun great.

The airmarshalls and generals and land grabbers are the ones with the problem. They dont seem to appreciate the fact that some only play ah to enjoy the A2A combat. Most who talk of teamwork and organization really dont want either. They want the rest to comply with there idea of what we should be doing in the main.

I am not saying you do this because I dont know. But in general this has been my experience with the teamwork types.

It might be better if you explain your idea of teamwork. Is it everyone doing the same thing? land grabbing? pushing for a reset? or what?

I think that teamwork is a bit more broad then that. That checking 6s, clearing 6s, not kill stealing, watching killshooter, etc are much more important to bring about a sense of team then "lets all hit a12" or "stop hitting bish you are helping them win".

again just mho. I point no finger or make any judgement about how you spend your time in AH. Have fun doing what ever you like to do. But I think the "lets get organized" types oughta offer that attitude to those who dont enjoy their version of ah.

Offline majic

• Silver Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2002, 06:18:49 PM »
"I think that teamwork is a bit more broad then that. That checking 6s, clearing 6s, not kill stealing, watching killshooter, etc are much more important to bring about a sense of team then "lets all hit a12" or "stop hitting bish you are helping them win". "

I think teamwork involves all those points.  Also base defense, missions, etc...

PS. -I'm not trying to get everyone to come around to my way, I think everyone has the right to play the way they want.  (except Lazs, he bothers me.  ;)  )

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2002, 06:50:38 PM »
Teamwork to me means I don't shoot at the green icons- mainly because of killshooter. ;)

Sometimes I pitch in, some times I don't. The surest way to get me to avoid helping is for someone to start the pitiful wailing on country channel. I get bossed around at work enough, I don't wanna log in for more of the same for my fun time.

Lazs, sounds to me by your description you ought to visit the Tunisia map in the CT. Other than it being Axis/Allied, it is pretty much what you sound like you want.

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2002, 12:09:45 AM »
I like stratigey :)  gettin like 3-4 bombers to fly with me in formation, planning your attack etc.  I don't really care if I'm winning or loosing actuelly I like to be on the loosing side,
and try to get things orginized and defeating a greater enemy :)
One game we were out numbered 2 to 1 and wound up with a kill ratio of 2 for every 1 we lost, I even survived a 4v1 but was forced to ditch cuz of fuel, those are the kinda games I like :)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2002, 08:38:18 AM »
yep kieran it is funny how the CT is slowly turning into the "furball" arena that so many of it's members derided as dweeby in the main.   Still... Axis Vs Allied is a tough handicap to get over.  No variety and little parity..  

I would love to see "average" stats.  I have mentioned them before.   Average K/D, average K/T gunnery etc...  when people say "there is no action" or "there is a lot of action" we will have a yardstick to look at.   If a guy says "you should fly my way because it is action packed an I am on the edge of my seat at all times" and then you see that he get's into a fight once every houur and a half and the average is every 15 minutes...   If someone says "I have no trouble finding action in the __ area" and the average K/T in that arena is 3 times some other one...

majic... it's good that you are not trying to get people to come around to your way..  It would be very disappointing for you.   As your desiples got more talented they would be leaving the flock.  
lazs

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2002, 09:05:03 AM »
I've been doing the online flightsim thing for a long time, so I go for variety -- missions, lone wolf, furballing, tanks, boats, bombers, goons, field guns -- I do them all.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Teamwork, do you care?
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2002, 09:29:24 AM »
I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude. I will not respond to Lazs2's condescending attitude.

Ain't a gonna do it.