Author Topic: Why this game sucks as of late  (Read 2636 times)

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
Why this game sucks as of late
« on: March 12, 2001, 01:17:00 PM »
The once excellent game is a pile of dog poop, all because HT refuses to address the issue of the completely unballancing of the teams.  Its been bad before, but (as I predicted) it has gotten worse and worse to the point where its 3 or more to 1.

So far, as a Rook, I have logged on 4 times in 3 days, and not once had radar.  This of course makes the game about as enjoyable as dental surgery as you wander around in a fog of ignorance.  Sure taking out Dar is a fine tactical consideration when teams are ballanced, but when one team has 2x the total of the other two teams, they just pork field, fuel and dar so I basically have NO GAME TO ENJOY.

My solution is we ALL join the knights (the 6 of us that havnt yet) and make it just one team flying around porking undefended bases.

[This message has been edited by 2Late4U (edited 03-12-2001).]

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2001, 01:24:00 PM »
Jeez, I would have loved to found the odds on this clipboard.
The 2 times I was in the game, it was more like 35 Rooks, 70+Knits, and 60+ Bish at best!

------------------
Sky Viper

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2001, 01:26:00 PM »
The Hellfires?!!!  Hey they stole my squad's name!

Seriously, we can't tell people what team to fly for.  If we did that, I don't think people would like it too much if they logged on for their designated squad night only to receive a message that says, "Your x country has too many players, so you have to fly for y country."  Now suddenly they're fighting against their squaddies.  I'd be pretty pissed about that wouldn't you?

------------------
"Holy Underwear!"
John "SUPERFLY" Guytan - Art Director
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE=- SQUAD
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline RAS

• Copper Member
      • http://flyingaces.bizland.com/54sq/main.htm
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2001, 01:28:00 PM »
We must be "3" of the "6" rooks left that
2lat4U mentions in his original post...hehehe

It does suck trying to fly around with out at least "sector" counters.  I normally do as you do....just log and scan the BB.  

RAS  

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2001, 01:31:00 PM »
Seams as if someone really can't find something serious to whine about so you just come up with a thing.

Try flying late nights (late nights european time) and you'll see that knights aren't more then the rest.
It allso changes form tour to tour since some squads change countries.

Sure it can be anoying with Radar down but if you wanna keep it up you need to protect it, knights have HQ strikes inbound quite often but we actaully have people who stop them.

------------------
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2001, 01:33:00 PM »
2Late4U,  It's sad but HT will continue to lose money over this and he simply doesn't care about it or care to make any changes.

I say we ALL join the Knights  LOL!

Mox

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2001, 01:37:00 PM »
Your credibility went out the window when you resorted to calling the game a big pile of dog poop.  If you want to gripe, fine.  But is it the folks at HTC's fault that people can join whatever side they want?  Don't like Rook?  Feeling overwhelmed?  Go Bish or Knight.

Don't like it?  1-800-Waah-Waah  ext BooHoo    [Borrowed from Carrot Top...]

But seriously...what do you *really* want people to do?  Seems to me if there are only 6 if you in there, other rooks used that grey matter between their ears and went to another country.  Don't happen to see them whinning in here, do we?

------------------
Paul J. Busiere

Aces High Arena handle:  BD5Pilot
 http://bd5.checksix.net
BD-5 "T" (TurboProp) 90% complete, first flight in 2001 (We hope!)

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2001, 01:38:00 PM »

Originally posted by SUPERFLY:

Seriously, we can't tell people what team to fly for.  If we did that, I don't think people would like it too much if they logged on for their designated squad night only to receive a message that says, "Your x country has too many players, so you have to fly for y country."  Now suddenly they're fighting against their squaddies.  I'd be pretty pissed about that wouldn't you?

I know your just a art guy Superfly but it's really simple  

Restrict the teams.  Once a team is full it's full till some others leave the country.

If a 70 person squad wants to rotate at the end of a tour, they can't unless a country has a 70 slots open.  Or just delete the Rooks so there's only 2 country's and restrict the numbers.  Oh wait this would limit Rips air force from getting bigger!  

Now this post will be followed by all the people who say they don't gangbang and there is no problem.  Old story...

Anyone who plays during primetime that can read will clearly see there is a serious number problem.

Mox

[This message has been edited by Mox (edited 03-12-2001).]

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2001, 01:46:00 PM »
double post

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2001, 01:49:00 PM »
Restrict teams? Hell no. Start telling people where and when they can fly & see what happens. Won't be anyone left to whine about...I mean fly against.

Offline Feenyx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2001, 01:54:00 PM »
Heh, threads like this remind me of flying for the Knits during the beta days, when sometimes the entire country would wing up into a 5-plane formation and take on the rook/bish masses.  

I hardly ever see as large a difference in numbers as the one in your pic, 2late.  The teams are pretty balanced when I log in.  The exception to this is when a country is about to be reset, of course.

Upon thinking about it, I guess the rooks have been in that situation the most, lately. But I wonder why you give up and log when you realize you don't have dar?  One of the most rewarding experiences in this game is launching a counter-attack and averting a sure defeat, IMO.  

If a rook pilot immediately logs when they see that dar is out, then I consider them to be conceding the war.  What they might not know is that 10 other rooks are doing the same thing, essentially robbing their own country of a potential change in momentum.

Perhaps the knits and bish bomb the rook hq so often because they know the rooks will roll over and play dead soon after?

Please don't flame me, I'm just playing the devil's advocate.  

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2001, 01:54:00 PM »

Originally posted by Apache:
Restrict teams? Hell no. Start telling people where and when they can fly & see what happens. Won't be anyone left to whine about...I mean fly against.

If your in a squad you fly as a squad and make decisions as a squad, like moving countries.  Would it be a big deal if your 50 person squad wanted to move to a different country and you couldn't because a number restriction?  You'd still be flying with your squad, no harm no foul.  Worst case, if your squad wanted to move they would have to wait until there was room (i.e. another squad rotated out).  

I understand a lot of you enjoy the number advantage and do just about everything you can to increase those numbers (ie Knights) but where do you draw the line?  100 Bish 100 Knights 10 Rooks?  

Mox

Offline anRky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.domogarden.com
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
Yeah, the numbers game sucks.  It was the same in AW.  Not much fun  

I don't think it's HTC's fault, though.  It's the fault of the players.  If everyone wants to spend all their time chasing one plane on the deck, competing for the kill with four of their buddies, that's what they're gonna do.  

Or if the important thing to them is to 'win' the war, the easiest way to win is to overwhelm the enemy.  That's what they're gonna do.  

Why would anyone want a good fight, since they might risk losing?

~sigh~

anRky
-Ih8ubb
'Get rid of the bucket!'

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
not that different from the players telling an entire country they can't fly at all for 45minutes.

Last night the nits either had the hangers at the last 3 (then 2) rook fields down or there were massive numbers of -1Cs floating over the field to vulch.  One field had a lancaster over it constantly, and they musta been timing the hangers cause only had about 15 seconds from the time they'd come up til they were flat again.

yup, was a helluva lotta fun being a rook last night.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2001, 01:57:00 PM »

Originally posted by Feenyx:
Heh, threads like this remind me of flying for the Knits during the beta days, when sometimes the entire country would wing up into a 5-plane formation and take on the rook/bish masses.    

Bingo!

Ebb and flow...and we all get a turn in the bucket.

Mox, I missed your post here when Knits had no dar for 3 consective days in a row last month...where were you then bud?