Author Topic: Want a lesson in human nature ~ Up a 262 in the MA  (Read 790 times)

Offline BotaBing

• Copper Member
Want a lesson in human nature ~ Up a 262 in the MA
« on: May 18, 2002, 06:34:02 PM »
Got my first 200 points built up in perks, so I upped a 262 to see what the fuss was all about. /shrug

It's definitely fun to boom and zoom at 600mph LOL.

Took less than half a tank of gas to see about 20-30 planes drop everything they were doing to try to chase me. 2 c-47's tried to ram me. Got 3 maneuver kills from people killing themselves in an effort to catch me. And finally, someone in a Tpyh dropped down about 5000 feet to ram me and I lost the bird.

Was a lot of fun, but sure a wake-up in education to see the kind of people you are flying with, and the extreme steps they will go to (abandoning all sense of realistic flying being the first to go) in an effort to try to "hurt" someone to the tune of 200 perks.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2002, 06:37:48 PM by BotaBing »

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2002, 06:42:48 PM »
Yep ... now just imagine you were in a Spit14 instead of a Me262.:cool:

Too bad I can't test fight the Spit14/TA152 in the MA else than the B&Z.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2002, 06:43:00 PM »
Well ya better stay high and make sure you dive in the right direction when you wanna get away from a not so nice crowd. Word goes out quick when there is a 262 in the area. I use them for Buff busting mainly. They work great for that. You stay up around 25-30K looking for Lances and B17's. You can almost feel the panic in these guys when they realize their in deep Kimshee. It must really bite spending all that time getting a Lance or a B17 up to 30k only to go down in flames to a couple of blasts of 30mm cannons:)

Makes me weep it does..............

LLB OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2002, 06:43:51 PM »
you whined so much in the main i left now you bring it to the bbs :rolleyes:

theres a thread about colisions in another forum. Also ht has made several post about how collisions work. NB said he lit u up in the ho in his typhie and you shot off his wing.

Sounds like mutual death do to ho. Go do a search for the other collision threads.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Re: Want a lesson in human nature ~ Up a 262 in the MA
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2002, 07:17:48 PM »
Originally posted by BotaBing
Got my first 200 points built up in perks, so I upped a 262 to see what the fuss was all about. /shrug

It's definitely fun to boom and zoom at 600mph LOL.

Took less than half a tank of gas to see about 20-30 planes drop everything they were doing to try to chase me. 2 c-47's tried to ram me. Got 3 maneuver kills from people killing themselves in an effort to catch me. And finally, someone in a Tpyh dropped down about 5000 feet to ram me and I lost the bird.

Was a lot of fun, but sure a wake-up in education to see the kind of people you are flying with, and the extreme steps they will go to (abandoning all sense of realistic flying being the first to go) in an effort to try to "hurt" someone to the tune of 200 perks.

Oh cry me a river. You arent flying it right. If those perks didnt mean so much to you then you would actually try to fly the thing to its potential.

Quit yer whining Frenchy:)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline BotaBing

• Copper Member
LOL
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2002, 09:13:07 PM »
There isn't a single whine in the post. Nor did I Whine in the MA, I simply made my thoughts about the guy who rammed me known.

I was at about 10k when the guy dropped down...I was flying it just fine.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2002, 10:10:37 PM »
Seems like some people's definition of a "ram" is simply someone turning around to engage them.

Yet another lesson in human nature.  It doesn't matter what you were doing or how you aproached the situation... its always the other guy's fault.

AKDejaVu

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2002, 10:17:13 PM »
radio intercept transcript taken from screenshot...

BotaBing: Um you had 5k alt on me
BotaBing: I could almost see you beating off in your plane
BotaBing: oh god oh god im gonna ram that 262
BotaBing: oh god i rammed him thank you jesus YES YES YES

If that is not a whining mindset I don't know what is... and I've been watching whines in online flight sims since late '93.

Lonz

Offline BotaBing

• Copper Member
LOL...
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2002, 10:17:54 PM »
To me, the difference between a HO and a RAM is in the ram, the guy doesnt even have a prayer of shooting you, he is purposefully trying to ram your plane.

This guy was coming at me head on, but had about 5000 feet altitude above me. He was moments from collapsing his own wings, and he got very lucky i wasnt able to evade him by diving down and turning. He rammed the top of my plane with his nose, not a Headon ram.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2002, 10:33:35 PM »
Bota do us a favor please do a bbs search for collisions. HTC has explained how they work.

Absent that go to a h2h room with a wing man take turns ramming each other and film it. Then post the film and show us where a guy can "ram you". If he "rams you" he will see the collision on his fe. He will recieve damage. Dont fire at each other just have 1 guy level the other guy above. Have him dive at you trying to ram you.

Theres netlag from your cpu through the lines to the server, through the server to the other dude and through his cpu. What you see on your Front end is not a real time snapshot. What you see is not what the other guy sees. NB said he shot and lit you up. He said he lost a wing then colided the closure rate between you makes netlag even worse. To accuse someone of the impossible and then carry on like you did (outlined above) is a whine.

Just test it or look it up on the bbs for yourself.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2002, 10:39:19 PM »
Just upped a me 262 i fly it at 5K 550 mph make long turns to keep that speed . In that way i killed one zero who was furballing.
After that i saw a B17 attacked by one other bish went under him climbed up and boom gone b17.
After that i saw my squad mate low chased by a dhog it never saw me. I see some bandits high and i extend a while i came back chased a fast low yak got on his six while he climbed up, the poor dweeb got a one way trip to the deck.

In the end i got 5 kills nme knits never got me and i made a 200 mph landing :D

It's great and very uber 200 points very worth.

u need a little experience in it dough, like u can break ur wing or auger in to the ground wich happened to me at some time after compression. U need to find the way to fight with it. :cool:

upped it 2 times so far this tour and got me 11 kills and 0 death
  :p                
I think it's got the best fighter ratio in the MA

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2002, 01:10:51 AM »
Ya I got a lesson in Human nature in a 262 tonight..
Knights lost 2 to the Bish. So I upped from 6 in a 262 just as the wave arrived there. I climbed north over the ocean and then turned back for the lake beside 2.
Found a goon killed it. but a Hellcat saw me and started to chase me..picked up 2 la7s and a pony. Tried to zoom a p47 but missed picked up another pony.
headed accross the lake and tried for a pony. but missed...
Headed to 5 and there was nothing there so back to the lake and passed my buddies on the way. Caught a lanc milk running (kill 2) dragging quite a few guys again. Circled to the strat bellow 2 and missed a jug again! Kept my speed up back to 5 and saw some badies climbing west along the coast. Missed a p47 and p51..neither saw me.. I just missed them.(they were both on auto climb too)  :rolleyes:

Got a pony. another pony I think...and then the last one never blew up quick enough and I cliped his wing before he died. wing less I rode my 199 perk points to the ground..
human nature...greed...the 262 can be a humbling experiance.

Offline EvilDingo

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mp3.com/einsteinband
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2002, 03:26:44 AM »
To me, the difference between a HO and a RAM is in the ram, the guy doesnt even have a prayer of shooting you, he is purposefully trying to ram your plane.

If he can ram you, he can shoot you.

So, goons tried to ram you huh? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2002, 04:29:51 AM »
Jets are for kids.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2002, 01:30:35 PM »
:D