Author Topic: Spits, N1K2 and 110G2  (Read 566 times)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« on: June 07, 2002, 03:29:02 AM »
Yesterday I decided to do some experiments in MA flying 190D9:

1 - With a slow N1K2 at my six (2000 yards) I decided to zoom in vertical. I saw the N1K2 aproaching very slowly in the vertical, at 800 yards the closure rate was almost 0 and I decided to keep vertical (while it was a suicide) and see what the N1K2 was going to do. I just hammered and dive nose down towards him, both crossed in the air guns cold but he was still nose up at the cross and he kept nose up after the cross. I saw no yawing effect on that N1K2, he leveled smoothly inverted and went away.

2 - I repeat that move later against another N1K2. This time I got shotdown after reversing, but the effect in the vertical was the same than case 1.

3 - At sea level a Spit dived on me, I was doing my top speed with wep at this altitude. The spit aproached fast till 500 yards, I just keep looking at my six for several seconds until I saw the first tracers, then a slight roll to the left and then to the right, spit was at 450 yards, still aproaching. Then, suddenly, closure rate inverted very fast, now I was gaining distance with the spit still at my six at 600, 650, 700 yards (I was all the time about 350mph). It seems to me that drag decceleration is whatever but linear with the spit.

4 - The past week I HOed a F6F flying 110G2, F6F was shot down but I lost all of my guns except one 151/20. I was surprised cause that alone gun had the same ROF as the root wing mounted ones of the 190s, and these are synchronized. 110G2 nose 20mm guns should have same ROF as the 109G10 one, AFAIK 110G2 nose guns are not synchronized. With all the guns, the effect is like firing with a single unsynchronized gun with very hi ROF, like if one gun fires just after the other generating a continuous bullet stream.

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Re: Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2002, 04:06:41 AM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE
Yesterday I decided to do some experiments in MA flying 190D9:

So you are no longer testing the N1K2's performance by watching it from the tower?  Very interesting, I look forward to further refinement of your evaluation techniques.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2002, 07:41:35 AM »
You made films?

AKDejaVu

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2002, 07:53:11 AM »
Oh just go get a G10 and some taters. Experiment the confetti peice count vs. shells expended.

Much more fun.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2002, 08:14:44 AM »
You're on the right track, Mandoble.  When faced with the absence of fact, evidence, or anything beyond hyperbolic and biased evaluations of reality, just keep posting ad nauseum.

Sooner or later you will break the collective will to resist you, and everyone will fall in line.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2002, 08:20:35 AM »
I saw a 190 start in the hangar and immediately climb vertical to 20k to kill a lanc before diving straight down on a m3 without any compression at 950 mph before going back up to 30k.

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2002, 08:28:20 AM »
Mandoble:

A couple of suggestions:
[list=1]
  • If you are serious about it you should post aircraft performance/flight model topics in the Aircraft and Vehicles Forum of the UBB.
  • I hate to break the news to you but your tests are laughable from a flight performance evaluation perspective.  If you are serious about testing then you need to do better than this.  You can post a question in the Aircraft and Vehicles Forum on appropriate ways to test for the performance characteristic you are interested in.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline rosco

• Copper Member
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2002, 08:42:08 AM »
Originally posted by Fatty
I saw a 190 start in the hangar and immediately climb vertical to 20k to kill a lanc before diving straight down on a m3 without any compression at 950 mph before going back up to 30k.

EHEH :)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2002, 08:46:41 AM »
Originally posted by dtango
Mandoble:

A couple of suggestions:
If you are serious about it you should post aircraft performance/flight model topics in the Aircraft and Vehicles Forum of the UBB.

But a Mandoble Post in the Aircraft/Vehicles forum will only go 2 pages before it runs out of steam. In the general forum, it can get up to 5-6 pages! I think its some kind of Martyr thing.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2002, 08:50:05 AM »
This has gotten comical in a Monty Python kind of way. He's much like the guy who pays for an argument and also gets free "getting hit over the head" lessons.  Then again I'm also reminded of the kerchief covered Gumby type.

Westy

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2002, 09:03:37 AM »
What I posted is not a critic about UFOness or whatever, but a curious effect that may be in favour or against spit performance.

A general question for spit drivers, and I'm not asking for films with the replies. Do you feel the effect I described? You are aproaching slowly to your target after diving a bit and then, after 10 - 20 seconds of level flight, suddenly, your speed drops drastically (not smoothly).

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2002, 09:05:19 AM »
Once again.. you made films?

The point is.. you can describe events all you want, but there is nothing to say that what you describe is accurate.  If you intentionally decided to "do some tests" then you'd better film it before starting a thread like this.

Otherwise... you end up just sounding like... well... you.

AKDejaVu

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2002, 09:26:51 AM »
wow you guys really have some weird fricking issues.  Have you all thought about psychiatric help?  Perhaps you got beat up a little too often as kids.   Mom and Dad never gave you enough sweet lovn?  Your lack of self-esteem is truly awe inspiring.

Interesting observations.  I have noticed that in the spit, but I recall seeing tests done by 'somebody' and published here on the deceleration values of many favorite planes.  The spit slows faster than any other bird (and I like it that way!).  Makes 109s piss themselves when they try scissors.  It is such a sleek design I find it suprising, but maybe it has to do with the big banana wings.

As far as the nik behavior, since we havent seen a pto in ages in the CT, i have not noticed this.  

p.s.  
ww2pilot coming back from a sortie over the pacific:
Man, this niki got on my arse and just kept climbing!  There was nothing I could do but dive and run.

our friends that posted earlier:
I dont believe a word of it! you call that scientific!  I want a film, I want methods! I want replication!  I wont listen to a word until than you big stinking liar! (sticks thumb back into mouth and starts to cry)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2002, 09:29:27 AM »
In experi-mental stage, certainly film it. That's what you doing, gathering BBS post ammo. So just do it.

I had a clever P-47 BnZ test going and a LA-7 lofted up into me and cut me in half. I was torn between if I'm so bad at observing E states in a plane I never fly, or if the LA-7 was that great at 9K like it was supposed to be, or if the whole thing was the groundbreaking proof it's the new N1K2 pork FM.

Thing is, in WINXP I am having a time just having views with limited DirectX key’s recognition, let alone my trusty throttle hat trim setup so was flying combat trim, and I certainly ain’t filming with that big green tard light shinin’. (btw, CT sucks, I keep compressing to death, I’ll smack the keyboard, no Saitek throttle trim switch or not)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Spits, N1K2 and 110G2
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2002, 09:56:28 AM »
Don't airplanes ailerons still produce an effect in the game even when the speed is relatively low?

Those things were the first to go, I dunno at what speeds- but I think that's the cause for the "N1K2 hovered and killed me" syndrome.
-SW