Author Topic: Change Killshotter!!!!!!!!!  (Read 813 times)

Offline WidoSlyr

• Zinc Member
Change Killshotter!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2002, 10:40:36 PM »
I've never died from killshooter when I didn't mean to do it.

Oh so you do sometimes on purpose:eek: :confused: :p

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2002, 10:58:00 PM »
I'd agree if it weren't for Wil berating the poor bugger on ch2 after the "incident". Pretty sad display really.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2002, 11:35:16 PM »
Originally posted by RRAM
That's unfair, SOB, and you know it :).

I know you've put it tongue in cheek, just to stir the pot a bit...that's not bad, but I think you already have done that with what you had already posted without needing to get him more mad  with that last PS ,huhm? :)

Yeah, maybe just a little unfair, but I had to do it anyhow.  :)

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2002, 01:42:12 AM »
Originally posted by Aub

Very simple to avoid.

Just wait till some turkey flies through your bomb blast at 10ft while your at 10k :D
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2002, 01:57:01 AM »
Here's one I run into more often then the group-hug chasing a single con thing. You climb to 14k and bounce an F4U just 2k under you. He freaks 'cause he knows he's a dweeb, so he runs for your field with all the speed he can muster, dives into the ack and starts shooting the first plane he can find. Meanwhile, you catch up to him and end up killing yourself trying to save the one plane on the ground.

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2002, 02:25:29 AM »
jpeg said:
Bullets hitting friendly planes just shouldn't do anything, not hurt yourself and not hurt the friendly plane.

I agree; this is the only possible solution.  Not the best solution, but the only one that will satisfy all parties.

I think we agree that there needs to be something in place to prevent or at least limit griefing.  The question is what should it be?

Way back in the past, HT coulnd't help shooting friendlies so got into trouble with AW's PNG feature a few times.  And this event damaged his psyche to the extent that to this day he refuses to implement a PNG system.  OK, so be it.

Problem is, PNG worked.  Killshooter doesn't work.  True it prevents 1 form of griefing, but by its very nature it's a wide-open door for another type.  If you don't think we have a griefer population that exploits killshooter, you're kidding yourself.  And even if you don't buy that, you have to admit that there is a huge number of players, who probably don't consider themselves to be griefers, who regularly cut in front of other guys because they know they can get away with it.  So the net impact is as if we had a large number of deliberate griefers.  Killshooter is supposed to prevent griefing, but it doesn't.  Hence, it's a failure.

So, if PNG is out of the question, the only option is to turn off friendly bullets just like friendly collisions.  Guess what?  There'd be no possible way to grief then, either directly or indirectly.  And how is that any less realistic than killshooter?  Killshooter is less credible than JFK's "magic bullet".  At least with no friendly bullet hits, you don't have bullets reversing course ;).

Offline emodin

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2002, 03:31:03 AM »
I have to dissagree with the above post. There is nothing that satisfies me more than when I am being chased by 4+ enemies, when all of a sudden a couple of them blow up for shooting their teammates in front of them. Gives me a warm, fuzzy felling just thinking about it :D

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2002, 03:39:47 AM »
bullets not hurting friendly planes would result in a shootout like in Top Secret movie. Bunch of Germans and Americans were fighting hand to hand, a hero takes machine gun and sprays wild at all of them. Only Germans fall down...;)

No selective lethality, please.

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2002, 03:45:00 AM »
Yep I hate killshooter because guys know they can get away with it. Thats why I think both parties should be accountable. 50% guy in front, 100% guy in rear in terms of hits not total damage.

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2002, 04:13:19 AM »
HATE killshooter,Id rather you were able to kill friendlies,but have it emblazoned accross the screen 'JOC killed a friendly!!' and you'd have to live with the embarrasment,Ive been killed 3 times this week due to idiots bursting to claim a kill getting in the way of my rounds, f&%^*&&&ers :mad:
Joc

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2002, 04:32:01 AM »
Our killshooter is a nonsense. That kind of punishment is absurd and is against any kind of gameplay and fun.

Just imagine the typical player with few minutes to play, most of that time just traveling for base to combat zone and then "ping" and back to the base. And dont tell me that the blame is always in the shooting plane, i've seen some pilots geting into the bullet streams of others on purpose, with no angle at all to even steal the kill.

Disable the guns for some minutes, reduce the ammo counts proportionaly to the damage done, whatever but killing the plane.

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2002, 04:40:40 AM »
Originally posted by Aub

Very simple to avoid.

you will... and then after about the 7th or 8th time you will think,
KILLSHOOTER SUCKS!   :eek:
I guess Id rather take the damage than killing a buddy tho.
But the guy that cuts you off? Would be nice to have selective killshooter

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2002, 04:47:36 AM »
Originally posted by Bullethead
jpeg said:

Problem is, PNG worked.  Killshooter doesn't work.  Killshooter is supposed to prevent griefing, but it doesn't.  Hence, it's a failure.

So, if PNG is out of the question, the only option is to turn off friendly bullets just like friendly collisions.  Guess what?  There'd be no possible way to grief then, either directly or indirectly.  And how is that any less realistic than killshooter?  Killshooter is less credible than JFK's "magic bullet".  At least with no friendly bullet hits, you don't have bullets reversing course ;).

Man makes too much sense, from a realism standpoint and a gaming one. I think you should pay a price tho, bullit streams tho freindlies is too  airwarriorBS.

Offline Obear1971

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2002, 06:58:35 AM »
Killshooter is needed unles somehting just as efective is introduced and proven to work.

Kill shooter is handy at times, i was up in the air and i had a job come in so i needed to ditch, could have just stuck my nose forward but i went out a far more interresting way

i shot at my squaddie instead :)

satisfaction + death lol

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2002, 07:07:28 AM »
The typical example:
A friendly LANCASTER being pursued by the typical omnipresent Spit and you pursuing the spit.

You shot at the spit and BOOM, but.... hey, some bullets pass through the Spit explosion and hit the LANC, now you are spinning down wingless ...