Author Topic: Change Killshotter!!!!!!!!!  (Read 811 times)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Change Killshotter!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2002, 10:14:17 AM »
I can still count the times I've died to killshooter on one hand.  :)  (includes the CT as well.)

Now when killshooter is OFF, like in the TODs...  I find I hit friendlies more often.  ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2002, 10:27:21 AM »
Best killshot ever was Santa & I both dying... while going for the same chute :D

But like Nifty said, it hasen't happened to me a lot. (I'd realy like to see killshooter off, just for one day... what a mess, poor squaddies ;))
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline RRAM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2002, 10:32:04 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
Best killshot ever was Santa & I both dying... while going for the same chute :D

LOL I'd have payed to hear what was said in RW after that!! :D

P.S. Whose chute was?...Creamo's? :D

Offline Fester'

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2002, 10:51:34 AM »
HOWARD JOHNSON'S RIGHT!!!

I think Bullet Head mentioned "PNG"  I wasnt in AW when this was used, but as I understand it your bullets will damage a friendly plane.  If you shoot down 2 or 3 (cant remember) friendlies in a day you dont get anymore ammo for that day.  You can fly buffs or fulfill a role with the Ninja Recon Unit but no bullets.  It's a 24 hour penalty.

Much MUCH more appropriate course of action in my mind.  Anyone who was there have feedback on what it's shortcomings were?

For the record, Killshooter works, but it certaintly isnt perfect, looks like most are split on it's effectiveness and impact on quality of gameplay.  If it's that tight then there is probably room for improvement.  I dont know that I like just having no damage at all with bullets streaming through planes either, but then again, I think we should have friendly collisions, call me a freak I guess :)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2002, 10:57:04 AM »
He was pissed, Kirin & I are still laughing :D

don't remember who it was, just another chute :)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2002, 11:49:28 AM »
Come on wilbuz you know better.

Good pilot like you has died to Killshooter what, 3 maybe 4 times a year? Only guys yelling for killshooter changed are those flying in packs IMO.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2002, 12:22:31 PM »
I flew AW for a long time - since '88.

PNG was fun.

It was great to get 3 or 4 guys on your 6 and have 2 or 3 of them get shot down by their mates.

After B17 (a player) made an bellybutton of himself by repeatedly killing folks, AW removed the PNG and allowed gangbangs with out penalty.

IMHO, some kind of mutual penalty should apply in the killshooter situation.