Author Topic: This GANGBANGING - we need 2 countries  (Read 2790 times)

HaHa

This GANGBANGING - we need 2 countries
« on: April 21, 2000, 10:38:00 PM »
For the last 5-6 days the bishops have been severely gangbanged. The knights and rooks DONT EVEN fight eachother. They just attack us, we've already been reset twice. This is a KEY reason why 3 countries does not work at all. One of the countries is always ganged up on by the other 2. Furthermore, bishops are the "newbie" country, so usually a large proportion of our countrymen don't know wtf to do.

Some people say that there'd be the same problem with 2 countries.. yes there is a possibility one country might "barely" outnumber the other to (e.g. 120 people and there is 65 good, 55 bad worse case - most people will switch if odds get worse). But look at the situation now with 3 countries (even teams): 120 people, 40 each country, thus it's 80 vs 40.. 2:1 odds!!

People don't know how to even the teams because the 3 country thing is so confusing. You look at the #'s and think, gee the bishops have a good #. But if you take into consideration it's bishops vs all it's quite unfair.

Fact is, it's not nearly as fun as it could be with 2 countries.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2000, 11:26:00 PM »
HaHa;

I have not had much chance to fly lately.

By any chance is Bishland currently in the North-East corner of the map?

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2000, 11:32:00 PM »
now now dont tarnish the bishop motto of no snivelling  

just look at it as more targets  

"I am over here by myself with  5 spitfires... I have them surrounded" hehehe

------------------
"There are no born fighter pilots. Some are a little better than others, thats about it. But I would say time, training, training, training and more training are the key... to any success."  -Francis Gabreski

Citabria
=357th Pony Express=
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2000, 11:37:00 PM »
The last 5-6 days I've had more fun playing than in a long time.  Please do not change setup, gangbangs will and should happen, they will change around, and they add a LOT to gameplay.

If you relax, and enjoy the fact that your back is against the wall, you will see the point there.

------------------
Fatty
FAT DRUNK BASTARDS

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2000, 11:43:00 PM »
preach on brother fatty  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2000, 11:53:00 PM »

Originally posted by Fatty:
If you relax, and enjoy the fact that your back is against the wall, you will see the point there.

Well spoken, Fatty.  I can't help but think back to the cries of Rooks being outnumbered a few weeks ago... what goes around comes around.

Plus, this is a really classy spin on things.  I almost feel bad for ganging you with alt the other night now.  

-- Todd/DMF

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2000, 11:58:00 PM »
Spare me the whine please, this kind of complaining has been going on since the first online flight sim started.

Maybe, just maybe Knights and Rooks are fighting and you just dont see it?

I saw this stuff in WB where some were begging for a 3 country game to "elimate" this gang banging.  I guess that dont work.

Two sided war would be even more susceptible to unbalanced fights when numbers werent even.

Just grit your teeth, fly smarter not harder, everything goes around eventually.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2000, 12:08:00 AM »
HaHa,
When I got on this morning (PST) I saw that Bish had taken our fields A20, 21 & 22.  This placed them next door to our HQ and city.  Did I attack Bish?  You bet.  And after a tough fight we took back A21 before I logged.  Also, Since Bish have gotten A1 they've been doing that nonstop attack on our A13.

Sorry, guy.  Wish I could sympathize, but ...

------------------
leonid, Komandir
5 GIAP VVS RKKA

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz

Offline JoeMud

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2000, 12:39:00 AM »
Dont kick this dead horse to hard your foot might get stuck inside.

HaHa

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2000, 03:08:00 AM »
Dago - you are definitely an anti-(2 country) person. Everytime someone mentions it you start calling them a whiner. Furthermore since you don't understand math, a 2 sided battle is NOT, I repeat NOT more susceptible to unbalanced fights. Did you miss my original post ???

Whine or not whine that is the question.. fact is there are some clear and OBVIOUS points why 2 countries is better:

1) LESS CONFUSION - you know who your enemy is.. there is a single unified front (possibly jagged  )

2) MORE/LARGER BATTLES - more people to kill along a single front (albeit larger), chance for larger furballs much higher

3) REALISM - obviously, which = fun as well

4) GANGBANGING - as per my original post

5) LOYALTY/REASON TO PLAY - you feel a desire to see your team beat the other guys, rather than uh.. lets beat the knights, no lets beat the rooks .. sigh ;(

Reasons to keep 3 country:

1) SERVER LOAD - bigger furballs = more lag

2) QUAKE'ism - 3 countries adds more confusion but more "frantic" battles

It's beating a dead horse.. but it has to be said.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2000, 03:41:00 AM »
hmmm.. let's see... where I have seen this situation before....
OH YEAH!!! the entire week after 1.02 was released.  Knights and biscuits kept the rooks down in a corner.  I seem to recall LordHaHa calling several rooks whiners when they complained about that fact.  As a matter of fact, it took the Musketeer Escadrille and TWC switching to Knights before that problem was finally broken.

Been flying for Knights for a week now.  Some knights do attack and capture rook fields.  The rest of us have been fighting the biscuits.

Guess the reason the rooks have been mainly ignoring the Knights is payback for being kept down that first week of 1.02

Wish I could sympathize HaHa, but I just have 1 question to ask:

Want some cheese with that whine?

(and people thought I was crazy   )

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2000, 04:00:00 AM »

Knights and Rooks dont fight each other?

JG2 is shooting me down one zillion times a day ...  

GATT
4*Stormo CT
"F.Baracca"

"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2000, 04:03:00 AM »
And all this boils down to...Historical Arena!

I'm fine with the current 3-country setup in the main arena.  As long as us Bishcuits have one rear field to take off relatively safely I'm happy.  I'll just take the extra 20 mins to fly to a busy field and then clear it! Gangbanged = Target rich environment.  

This said, I have to admit I'm definately in favor of a 2-country setup. But the MA is not the right place for it.  That is why we should get a HA.  But until we get that, I'll settle with the ToD's and other Special Events.  

Cya up there!

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2000, 04:05:00 AM »

Originally posted by gatt:

JG2 is shooting me down one zillion times a day ...    

GATT
4*Stormo CT
"F.Baracca"

BINGOOOOOOOO!!!!  

Saw

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 04-22-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2000, 04:05:00 AM »
I love what the bish did during there turn at gangbang tonight...they vulched 2 alnight from 1...LOL...practicin what they preach..way to go guys.
HaHa...it really gets old after a while...try it for 2.5 weeks or so. it really gets on your whining nerve.
But the bish did handle it well tonight..

------------------
Pongo
The Wrecking Cre
w